BF HATES wigs but I LOVE half-wigs

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hi Ladies,

My BF loves my hair which is barely shoulder-length. But I'm trying to grow it longer and would like to keep wearing protective styles. I'm sure you all know how they want you to wear your hair out all the time but they don't understand that it's not always possible and not good for growth. :perplexed So I thought a half wig would be perfect....

Problem: my BF absolutely HATES wigs because he thinks it's a lazy style. But he understands we need to wear weaves sometimes for fullness or length and is okay with that.

I fooled him for months with a synthetic curly half-wig since he thought it was just a weave because it looked so natural. But to keep fooling him I sleep in the half wig whenever I stay at his place but they get really ratty fast and lose their curls from sleeping and sweating in them and I'm tired of buying them. Plus, I'm always afraid he'll pull it off in the heat of the moment :blush:

Any suggestions for me on sleeping in a half wig? And would I be better off with a human hair half-wig? :ohwell:

Country gal

MY SO doesn't like wigs either. He says women just throw them around. It takes away from the ambience. Can you get a wig sewn in? I did this for a couple of months and he didn't know it?

BonBon

Just tell him, he will learn deal with it sooner or later. Especially if he knows the long term benifit is you having long, healthy hair. If he loves your real hair then why can't you take the wig off at night?
ETA: I see, the whole idea of you having one is troublesome. I wore half wigs when I first met my SO because I couldn't find a braider but It was never a permanent thing. I wear braids with the hair mostly let out now, I don't care what my bf prefers lol, he understands the reason and I look good so whatever.

Last edited:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
MY SO doesn't like wigs either. He says women just throw them around. It takes away from the ambience. Can you get a wig sewn in? I did this for a couple of months and he didn't know it?

Thanks! I was actually thinking of something like that and I just may try it. But it'll still look ratty after a couple of days :ohwell: Seems like I just can't win!!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Just tell him, he will learn deal with it sooner or later. Especially if he knows the long term benifit is you having long, healthy hair. If he loves your real hair then why can't you take the wig off at night?

Thanks but I already made him think it was a weave (I didn't really lie, I just told him it wasn't all my hair, IMPLYING that it was a weave) LOL. And you know they don't know what a half wig is. So if I take the wig off at night then he will hate the fact of me wearing the wig and when I first met him he told me he despised women who wore them. But you're right, he SHOULD be able to understand that I'm sacrificing for the benefit of longer hair. But believe me, they don't understand.

glamazon386

Thanks! I was actually thinking of something like that and I just may try it. But it'll still look ratty after a couple of days :ohwell: Seems like I just can't win!!

I've slept in mine plenty of times and they didn't become ratty. Maybe it's too much friction from the cotton pillowcase? Try putting a bonnet on it or get a satin pillowcase.

supermodelsonya

^^ Really good idea. You may want to invest in a human hair one and switch to satin pillowcases. I went through this recently...scared it was going to come off in a passionate moment....so I just wore a "I Dream Of Jeanie" phony pony..

All that hair tossing around could be sexy LOL.... If I had the opp, I would have had it sewn in.

casey3035

^^ Really good idea. You may want to invest in a human hair one and switch to satin pillowcases. I went through this recently...scared it was going to come off in a passionate moment....so I just wore a "I Dream Of Jeanie" phony pony..

All that hair tossing around could be sexy LOL.... If I had the opp, I would have had it sewn in.

WHERE CAN I FIND A DREAM OF JEANNIE PHONY PONY?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
LOL.. Just picturing the I dream of Jeannie phony pony flying around is too funny!! Hmmmm, that does seem like it'll add to the fun though. :lachen:

I think I'm gonna get a human hair half wiggie and try to sew it in since I can probably curl that one in the morning if it's messy. Guess I'll bring a satin pillowcase to keep at his place too.

Why do they always want us to look nice but yet they don't understand the steps we have to take to look our best??

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Okay, I'm going to see my BF tonight :dinner: and I'm sporting my HH curly half wiggie. I didn't sew it in but what I did was, I sewed in some extra wig clips all along the middle part so it doesn't sag in case things get out of hand and he tries to grab it so there's less chance of it coming off. Zero chance I hope!! I'm gonna tell him to keep his hands out of my hair this time!! :naughty:. I'll say my "tracks" are not in tight and they may come loose (there are no tracks because it's a half wiggie). I'll just start reciting some complicated female hair terms and he won't have a clue what I'm talking about. Maybe something like this: the tracks are bonded to the weft that's clipped onto the mega-track that starts at the hair follicle perimiter and ends at the line of demarcation LOL. Believe me, he wont' understand one word of that jibberish!! :lachen: