Thinking of trying airdrying into curls . . . again

Glib Gurl

So, I've made TWO attempts to airdry my hair into curls with no success. (Success as in, something I'd actually wear out of the house.) Now, I'd all but given up. But, after working out this evening and getting DRENCHED in sweat, my hair air-dried into this:

Here is a closeup of the curls:

And this is 2 days after getting a relaxer.

This is making me think that maybe I shoudl give air-drying into curls another shot.

I used Matrix Biolage Leave-in this morning. I know that they have a "curl activator" (sorry y'all I forgot what the real name is called!) - anyone have experience with that? Maybe it will work for me . . . .

sunshinebeautiful

I don't know Glib. Does your hair curl up when wet? It looks like it's relaxed almost bone straight. If not, then I don't think you can airdry into curls if your hair doesn't have enough curl to begin with. There's not going to be a product or method to create curls if you don't have any already. Just my two cents.

Here's what my hair looks like when wet, which is why I can airdry and it looks curly: http://images19.fotki.com/v354/photos/1/1039181/4294162/wetcurlyhair-vi.jpg

Last edited:

myronnie

Glib, it's' so freakin easy!!
Just braid your hair into two braids. Keep those braids in until your hair is 100 percent dry...this is key
Then you'll have really good curls!

nichole21

Going off what sunshinebeautiful said.

Typically for your hair to curl after you wash & air dry (Wash n Go), there has to be some curl pattern already there. This does not mean hair type, but how much of your natural curl is left after relaxing. Hair that is completely straighten is not likely to curl... that afterall is the goal of relaxing- to straighten hair and remove the natural curls. I'm texlaxed and I can surely understand what you mean because some parts of my hair are more relaxed than others and getting those areas to curl is hard work, particualarly my old relaxed ends.

Dont wory though, you can try a braid out or twist out the night before. Or use stlying products like Fantasia IC Gel and scruch while its drying to get some really nice curls. Leaving the conditioner in your hair (from your wash) will also help your define your curls.

fluffylocks

Yeah....whenever your hair gets wet, then any curls you have left that you couldnt see by whatever method you dried your hair (rollerset, ponytailed ect.) are going to come back up...

You hair looks slightly wavy which would mean most of the curl is relaxed out of your hair.