Favorite moisturizing deep conditioner with slip?

SleekandBouncy

I currently have Frederic Fekkai's shea protein conditioner and a Paul Mitchell treatment. Unfortunately Aveda's DR treatment didn't provide much slip so I'm looking for an alternative, something that does a good job of deep conditioning while providing good slip.

ashiah

Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer has never let me down. I always go crawling back to it.

ayoung

Nexxus Humectress or Motions Moisture Plus.
and if i flind i need more slippiness--i may add some Suave Coconut conitoner to it as well.

cocopuff

I usually use Motions CPR. I have tried other conditioners but I always end up coing back to this one.

If I have extra cash, then I splurge on MyHoneyChild's Honey Hair Mask.

Missi

I currently have Frederic Fekkai's shea protein conditioner and a Paul Mitchell treatment. Unfortunately Aveda's DR treatment didn't provide much slip so I'm looking for an alternative, something that does a good job of deep conditioning while providing good slip.

If you like the Aveda DR Treatment, I say:
  • Shampoo as usual
  • DC w/ Aveda DR
  • Moisturize w/ a moisturizing conditioner that gives slip
if not try Aubrey Organic GPB Conditioner

Last edited:

natstar

If you like the Aveda DR Treatment, I say:
  • Shampoo as usual
  • DC w/ Aveda DR
  • Moisturize w/ a moisturizing conditioner that gives slip
if not try Aubrey Organic GPB Conditioner

I second that. Aubrey Organics conditioners are great. Any one of them. They are kinda expensive for me at times but I think they are well worth it cause of the quality ingredients.

Kacie

I know some people are going to say yeah right, but.......
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Conditioner

KnottyGurl

I would have to say V05 Strawberries and Cream and the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Conditioner. They work great, especially V05.

gymfreak336

I will second the Aubrey Organics recommendations. I really like the honeysuckle and rose, white camellia and island spice.

I will also have to put my baby on the list...Pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask.

Barbara

Princess
Yessss

It's like Motions Moisture Plus, but better.

I recommend Motions Moisture Plus, too. I add olive oil to it, because I have type 4a/b hair (not relaxed). Maybe it's just as good as Proclaim when I add olive oil to it.

Aubrey Organics conditioners mixed with olive oil.

Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment is fabulous.

honeybadgirl

i use aveda for my main line of product usage however, nourish spa is amazing with providing slip and making those detangles fall right out!!!:yep:

SleekandBouncy

Thanks everyone!
I ended up purchasing Alter Ego Garlic hot oil treatment (it's more like a conditioner though). So far I'm liking the results, though not quite as detangling as I had hoped. I washed my hair last night and the result is soft and bouncy hair. I have to use it a few more times before I can report accurately regarding the shedding.

I tried Motions moisture plus a few weeks back and it left my hair coated and weird. I think it might have high levels of glycerin or something because my hair didn't agree with it.

fluffylocks

Man, im suprised no-one said Organic root stimulator replenish/pak, that is the BEST conditoner i ever used in my life

Next is Keracre humecto

fluffylocks

Thanks everyone!
I ended up purchasing Alter Ego Garlic hot oil treatment (it's more like a conditioner though). So far I'm liking the results, though not quite as detangling as I had hoped. I washed my hair last night and the result is soft and bouncy hair. I have to use it a few more times before I can report accurately regarding the shedding.

I tried Motions moisture plus a few weeks back and it left my hair coated and weird. I think it might have high levels of glycerin or something because my hair didn't agree with it.

Same thing happened to me with the motions, but my hair loves glycerin, so i actually didnt think it had enough...i think it was the mineral oil or something
It smells like dish detergent to me also, it just sits there to me, doesnt really just make my fingers glide through my hair and feel like silk

curlycraze

ORS replenishing pack.:yawn:

Cleve_gryl

ITA with the Motions Moisture Plus. I buy this by the tub. When used with the Motions Lavish poo, I don't have to moisturize my hair for a couple days.

Energee

I love Aveda and Abba Products but I'd have to say for a deep conditioner..I like Alter Ego. Their product is wonderful. It's often used in Dominican Salons....it's an Italian product. Expensive but last forever and it's REALLY good.

bravenewgirl87

Oh... You don't even need to ask:

Bumble and Bumble Deeep Treatment. Hands down. It gives me sexy "first date" hair because it smells like perfume. It gives makes my hair so soft when it dries and so strong. I've never used anything like it. I know my stylist using Design Essentials.

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak.

It gives my hair crazy slip. I just wish it did something in regards to protein. It doesn't stop my breakage, but good for hair thats dry.

Last edited: