Famous Last Phrases Before a Setback

soulglo

Even though my hair is an inch away from bra strap, I would love to try some microbraids. I've never had them before- true story

I know the bottle says 5 minutes, I want "intense" moisture so I will deep condition for 1 hour.

I'm an inch away from bra strap after my last relaxer. My stylist suggest I go natural, I have a "good" texture for it, ok. Let's big chop, do the damn thang....after 3 years I can't maintain a natural, no growth. Getting a relaxer in 3 weeks.

Lol guilty of the suave conditioner too and clarifying smh

bronzephoenix

Maybe I should heat train...

My hubby hates when I wear a scarf to bed.

I want blunt ends.

I made an appointment at this new salon..

Heat protectants weigh my hair down.

I got that SWANG.

ETA: It's just hair.

Ima try Carol's Daughter.

Proverbs 31:30

Last edited:

Evo-ny

"Well, this one is cheaper. It all does the same thing..."

Damn my bougie hair turning against me for using Tresemme, Nexxus, or other drugstore brands.
Was also tempted to pick up some run off the mill henna since Jamila runs at almost $10 a box. Knowing my luck, that'll be a set up for a set back. So I'll keep forking over the cash for what my hair wants and stop cutting corners.

GreenBloodyShoe

Eight grade: Hmmmm.....:rolleyes: My friend Crayola-teesha has butt length hair and flat irons on 450 degrees everyday without heat protectant. Let me try this:

Four months later: I had a Head full of split ends and breakage so I approach Crayola-Teesha only to find out her butt length hair was a weave with her real hair all braided underneath.:blush::nono:

Let me cowash my hair twice a day when I go to the beach and never clarify my hair.:rolleyes:

Let me let my stylist who is angry as I have just told her I will not be returning to her ever again apply relaxer to my actual bare scalp and sit me in front of a fan while my head starts smoking.:rolleyes:

Others:

My stylist cut off an inch instead of 1/100th of an inch so I fought her and got arrested. I broke both of her legs so it's all good though.

The lady at the Dominican salon chased me around the salon with a super strength relaxer mixed with jet fuel and unicorn blood so I gave in and let her relax my two years post relaxer natural hair. Oh and now I have four bald spots.:lachen:

My husband insulted my natural hair so I decided to relax it, bleach it, get a BKT and get a texturizer and now I only have five and a half strands left. What should I do?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Eight grade: Hmmmm.....:rolleyes: My friend Crayola-teesha has butt length hair and flat irons on 450 degrees everyday without heat protectant. Let me try this:

Four months later: I had a Head full of split ends and breakage so I approach Crayola-Teesha only to find out her butt length hair was a weave with her real hair all braided underneath.:blush::nono:

Let me cowash my hair twice a day when I go to the beach and never clarify my hair.:rolleyes:

Let me let my stylist who is angry as I have just told her I will not be returning to her ever again apply relaxer to my actual bare scalp and sit me in front of a fan while my head starts smoking.:rolleyes:

Others:

My stylist cut off an inch instead of 1/100th of an inch so I fought her and got arrested. I broke both of her legs so it's all good though.

The lady at the Dominican salon chased me around the salon with a super strength relaxer mixed with jet fuel and unicorn blood so I gave in and let her relax my two years post relaxer natural hair. Oh and now I have four bald spots.:lachen:

My husband insulted my natural hair so I decided to relax it, bleach it, get a BKT and get a texturizer and now I only have five and a half strands left. What should I do?:rolleyes:

Too d@mn funny!

BEAUTYU2U

I needed this thread :lol:

"I'm getting bored with my hair..."

"Maybe I'll just get a rinse..."

"Exercising would be easier with relaxed hair even though my natural hair is healthy and my relaxed hair wasn't ...."

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. :look:

BostonMaria

At the beginning of my hhj, I was a FIRM believer in "shampoo is shampoo" as long as I use a good quality conditioner. WRONG! That v05 and Suave jacked my hair up. It took a better part of a year to get my hair back to normal. It's hard for a lot of people to believe that something as simple as shampoo xan damage their hair.

This reminds me of when I first BC'd. My almost set back comments were .."yes cowashing is suggested by all naturals and they have success, but I'm going to keep shampooing the ish out of my hair because that's what I've always done" Then I'd wonder why my hair felt like straw LOL I finally stopped being stubborn and started to cowash and my hair thanked me for it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lucia

Others:

BOL :lachen:

CodeRed

Others:

I really think I'm going to go somewhere and just die laughing now. :lachen:

iVR

Others:

This just made my day. This had me crying with laughter.

iVR

"Well, this one is cheaper. It all does the same thing..."

Damn my bougie hair turning against me for using Tresemme, Nexxus, or other drugstore brands.
Was also tempted to pick up some run off the mill henna since Jamila runs at almost $10 a box. Knowing my luck, that'll be a set up for a set back. So I'll keep forking over the cash for what my hair wants and stop cutting corners.

Nexxus isn't a drugstore brand. It's one of the best quality products you can get. If you're getting that high end brand for drugstore prices let me know where it's at. I will fly, drive, swim whatever to get it.

Evo-ny

Nexxus isn't a drugstore brand. It's one of the best quality products you can get. If you're getting that high end brand for drugstore prices let me know where it's at. I will fly, drive, swim whatever to get it.

Ah, I automatically assumed drug store since it's the only places I've seen it for sale. My hair hates it regardless though, and I have no idea why. I'd love to be able to pick it up wherever and whenever I wanted, instead of being forced to buy online or go through salons (kenra & saryna key).

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess

Nexxus used to be high end. It's really not anymore. They changed their formulas a few years ago to mass market the products. Now you can get Nexxus at CVS, Target and Walgreens. Where u used to only be able to get it at salons.

I get Emergencee at CVS all the time. And I don't even buy humectress anymore which used to be a fav of mine because the formula changed and it's awful now.

iVR

Nexxus used to be high end. It's really not anymore. They changed their formulas a few years ago to mass market the products. Now you can get Nexxus at CVS, Target and Walgreens. Where u used to only be able to get it at salons.

I get Emergencee at CVS all the time. And I don't even buy humectress anymore which used to be a fav of mine because the formula changed and it's awful now.

Just because you can find the brand in a drugstore doesn't mean it's not high end. If you notice all the high end brands (Paul Mitchell, nexxus, redken, etc) have a disclaimer on the back saying if you buy them from a non certified seller (Walmart, drugstores,etc) and they don't work, you're just out of luck. Only the non certified bottles have this disclaimer on them. So there is a possibility that the salon brand and the non certified brand are indeed slightly different. I get my Nexxus from an authorized dealer. I pay bit more but i get what I pay for. Every product is not equal, and everybody's hair is different. If it works great. If it doesn't, find something else.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Just because you can find the brand in a drugstore doesn't mean it's not high end. If you notice all the high end brands (Paul Mitchell, nexxus, redken, etc) have a disclaimer on the back saying if you buy them from a non certified seller (Walmart, drugstores,etc) and they don't work, you're just out of luck. Only the non certified bottles have this disclaimer on them. So there is a possibility that the salon brand and the non certified brand are indeed slightly different. I get my Nexxus from an authorized dealer. I pay bit more but i get what I pay for. Every product is not equal, and everybody's hair is different. If it works great. If it doesn't, find something else.

Thanks for that information. I used nexxus humectress and keraphix for years and loved it in salons. Then they changed the formula. I didn't know they may have two versions. I may have to revist those in a salon and see if I can find the version I used to love.

(I do realize everyone's hair is different and different things work on different people's hair....I always change products if they don't work. Not sure where u were going with that comment but thanks for reminding us of that as well Because the point is well taken and very valid.)

iVR

(I do realize everyone's hair is different and different things work on different people's hair....I always change products if they don't work. Not sure where u were going with that comment but thanks for reminding us of that as well Because the point is well taken and very valid.)

I didn't mean anything by it I was just saying lol. Just trying to help out.

Mahsiah

My hair is long..let me just roll the windows down and let it blow like Pocahontas...

I got the worst single strand knots EVER.

Adiatasha

So and so on you tube just poured conditioner on her cornrows after she took her sew in down and her braids just unraveled, imma do that too.

Four hours and patches of hair shorter ... ME.

all_1_length

Ohh I see Youtuber XYZ just did a tutorial on how to properly use a paddle brush although every paddle/denman/insert any kind of brush I have ever used breaks my hair off...lemme try that method maybe it will work for me. All brushes had to be banished from my sight so that I won't ever be temped to use them again.

I know combing my hair when wet will cause me broken ends but stylist/youtuber makes it look so easy...Why did I ever think that I could do this knowing that I will just be cutting off my broken hair later.

Each time I see someone use a comb attachment on their hair when blow drying I want to use mine too...(for results see above) Thank goodness I stopped myself from ever doing it.

Favorite youtuber with extra long gorgeous hair says that she doesn't pay attention to what brand of shampoo/conditioner that she uses because it doesn't matter so she uses any old brand and now I think I can too. Insert super dry hair that won't re-moisturize for the life of me here.

There is also:

cowashing It didn't really cleanse anything and over moisturizing can be a bleep!

dusting my own ends I always cut off too much/too often. Seriously I need to leave this up to a real professional.

satin bonnets
The elastic just erodes my hairline. I think I will stick to scarves instead.

satin pillowcases Chews up my hair just like a cotton pillow case just not as fast.

To all of these I want to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Every time someone mentions that they are using a product I want to try it too then I remember to read the label and if I see anything objectionable ie. Isopropyl alcohol I just leave it alone.

My experience and new found hairsense has taught me to stick to what works for me and not give into jumping on bandwagons and satisfying my inner product junkie urges. I am better off now and my hair is growing so Imma keep on doing what I'm doing that makes me happy.:yep:

sissimpson

'Okay, so what if I mixed up a gallon sized container of henna with every ingredient under the sun and kept it in the refrigerator for the last 6 weeks instead of freezing it like I normally do.... I'm just going to touch up the grey around my temples'.

RESULT: mad temple breakage. Thank God, it could have been down to the scalp!

HanaKuroi

sissimpson said:
'Okay, so what if I mixed up a gallon sized container of henna with every ingredient under the sun and kept it in the refrigerator for the last 6 weeks instead of freezing it like I normally do.... I'm just going to touch up the grey around my temples'.

RESULT: mad temple breakage. Thank God, it could have been down to the scalp!

Do you think it was bacteria?

I am sorry this happened. I am so glad you didn't do a full treatment!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
"I Looked at it and Smelled it and it Looked Fine":look:

"Even though the consistency did look a little different than the 1st 10 I used/tried":lol:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I'mma go to the stylist who has a habit of jacking up my hair one more time because I need ______________

:nono: :nono:

My hair should be long when I take out this weave...... (I had three sizable bald spots instead but the stylist mentioned above said all was fine)

Muse

*I put this growth aid on my scalp and now I have severe "itchies". It's just my hair growing at such an accelerated rate that I can now feel it. It's a growth spurt!*

*I put this growth aid on my scalp and now I have severe shedding. It's just old hair making way for new hair. It's a growth spurt!*