EMERGENCY HAIR COLOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

NitaChantell

I want to dye my hair again, but I don't want to damage it. My hair was dyed blond in January, but the application wasn't even, and the color faded, so now my hair is a weird burnt blond/brown color.

My question is, if I use the box dye but don't add the bleach to it, will it still work? I thought of doing it this way so my hair can be the light blond that I want without the damage of bleach.

The color I'm using is Dark & Lovely Light Golden Blonde.

P.S. -My roots are growing in a little, so...idk.lol. Please help if you can!!!

JustSimplyTish

I am not saying it will work for you...But that is what I did.....I used it the very first time...but after that I never used it when I was blonde

NitaChantell

I am not saying it will work for you...But that is what I did.....I used it the very first time...but after that I never used it when I was blonde

thanks for responding so quickly!!!!!! Can you elaborate some though please? What exactly did you do?

Last edited:

JustSimplyTish

thanks for responding so quickly!!!!!! Can you elaborate some though please? What exactly did you do?

The first time I used Texture & tones and used the booster powder.....

When I retouched it I did the color without the booster pkg. I just let it sit on my roots for about 20-25 mins them applied it all over for about 10 additional mins....I covered my head in a plastic cap so that the heat would help the lightening process

My roots always take far faster and lighten without much help due to the heat from my head so no booster is required for retouches for me....

But if you are just doing your new growth you should be fine without the booster

But my hair was already lightened.....I doubt if my hair was black or very dark if I could have used a blonde kit without the booster to lighten it the very first time only maybe one shade lighter

Last edited:

JustSimplyTish

Also in the past when I have lightened...it is not necessary to use the entire booster pkg....you can use a tiny bit of it to get a slight boost

NitaChantell

Thanks!!

Hmmm....so maybe if I use the lightener mix just on my roots and then use the rest on my ends, I can lighten my roots and refresh my ends!

Or, I may just use the lightener with the mix, apply it to my roots first, then on my ends for about 5-10 min. Idk why I'm so scared, last year I lightened my whole head from roots to tips twice within 4 months, and I had no breakage, in fact my hair was the healthiest it's ever been back then.:yep:

JustSimplyTish

Yeah it has never damaged my hair either try a tiny hidden section from root to tip without lighter and see what your results are...just mix a tiny bit in a tray...not the entire bottle

RubyWoo

If the color you're using is a semi permanent color then go ahead since all you'll be doing is depositing color. You won't cause any damage.

However, if the color you're using is a permanent you increase your risk significantly in damaging your hair. Permanent color still lifts color from your hair which can be a damaging process when you're lifting hair that was already lifted. Just like with relaxer, you're not supposed to apply relaxer to your already relaxed ends as you risk overprocessing. The same rule applies to permanent color as well.

Keep in mind that even though the color faded, your hair was still lifted. All color fades. Semi permanents, demi permanents and cellophanes are often used to refresh one's hair color once it's faded.

If you're using permanent color, just apply the permanent to the roots and a semi permanent to the faded (colored) hair.

Good luck!

smitmarv

Have you tried more of an Ash Blond color instead of bleach? When I use to dye my hair years ago this is what I would do to keep it from looking brassy.

JustSimplyTish

Check out the following video. It is excellent btw! PD is applying permanent color to her roots and refreshing her faded color with a demi permanent. HTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VguVDw6Qrfk

I saw this video before and I saw the products she used at my Salon...however the stylist told me that the color boosters....like the red one she used on the ends that were already colored is just a gel colored booster just like the powder boosters...Is this not true....so basically she is still using a booster is my understanding...
Just curious? So still being bleached somewhat just not lifted as much??? Trying to understand

Last edited:

Platinum

I don't have any hair coloring advice. I just wanted to suggest that if you decide to color your hair, make sure you DC and keep your hair moisturized. This is very important when using high-lift tints.

simplyhair

I would like to suggest using the Neutral Protein Filler. Supposedly it is a stylist "insurance" for even coverage when coloring the hair. It has received RAVE reviews on Sally's and Makeupalley.com.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Neutral-Protein-Filler/CLRFUL1,default,pd.html

http://makeupalley.com/product/show...tral_Protein_Filler/Unlisted_Brand/Hair_Color

Disclaimer: Please read all of the reviews and even do your own research before using the product. I say that because everyone has different issues or needs when coloring their hair(going lighter, touch up, correcting, etc). I believe some women gave pointers and different steps they did. So, depending on what you want to do should determine how you use the product. For instance, some said to pick out your color and go darker (don't quote me though) because the Protein Filler will lighten the color.

If you are still not quite sure, call the company directly. I just spoke with a Rep there this week and he was SUPER helpful with ALL of my questions.

Colorful Products Corp.
996 Lawrence Drive
Newbury Park, CA 91320-6020
(805) 498-2195

Last edited:

RubyWoo

I saw this video before and I saw the products she used at my Salon...however the stylist told me that the color boosters....like the red one she used on the ends that were already colored is just a gel colored booster just like the powder boosters...Is this not true....so basically she is still using a booster is my understanding...
Just curious? So still being bleached somewhat just not lifted as much??? Trying to understand

The booster she used is the booster that is used for Matrix color sync(demi permanent) line. It does not have bleach in it nor does it lift(remove color). It does use vol 9 developer but the cuticles are only lifted a little and enough to deposit color into the strand. That's how all demi permanents work. It only deposits color. The booster used for the Matrix SoColor line (permanent) does have bleach in it. On the tube itself it says that it is a highlighting cream (bleach) as well as a booster (2 in 1). She did use the SoColor booster with her permanent color which she only applied to her roots.

Last edited:

JustSimplyTish

^^ Ok Gotcha, Thanks.....I will talk to the ladies about it at the salon when I go in....Not sure if I will color again anytime soon but like to know my options

SummerSolstice

you should go to a colorist if you are trying to keep your hair healthy. box color is really low in quality. Do your research. My best color was done by a white woman. I went to her, got my color, and walked out wet, then gave myself some twists at home.