Summer hair color w/o bleach?

yuhlovevybz

Alright, so basically my hair is dark but shows golden/red color tint in the sun. I wanted to dye my entire head lighter so that this effect would happen without looking at it only in the sun, but it was an epic fail. The color I dyed it appears in the light, but that's all; otherwise it's still 'dark'. Has anyone ever used a dye that will actually get hair to a nice golden brown color without needing to use bleach? Permanent, preferably. I tend to go blue black for the winter and now I want a nice light summer color. TIA! :)

LexiDior

This is a good question. Ive also wondered about this. Bleach does a number on my hair along with the hair color. I need color that doesnt harm my hair.

BBritdenise

When I was like 15 I lightened my hair with peroxide. I just rubbed it in my hair everyday and it gradually lightened to a homey blonde color

LexiDior

When I was like 15 I lightened my hair with peroxide. I just rubbed it in my hair everyday and it gradually lightened to a homey blonde color

Peroxide sounds very harsh. did your hair shed or break off during this time?? how long did it take to return to its natural color??

BBritdenise

LexiDior said:
Peroxide sounds very harsh. did your hair shed or break off during this time?? how long did it take to return to its natural color??

I don't remember my hair breaking off more than usual, but it was permanent. My hair had to grow out for the color to leave. I also dyed my hair with creme of natures honey blonde last year and my hair felt fine afterward. I just put a clea cellophane on it every now and then to keep it coated.