Is it damaging to dye your hair its natural color?

blasianbeauty

If I want to dye my hair jet black but it's a really dark brown, is that damaging? I know that it doesn't have the same effect as using bleach and going blond or bright red, but I'm just curious to know if going darker with a permanent dye is damaging as well. Thanks.

Neith

Darker is usually safer :yep:

It depends on what color you use. Permanent colors can be damaging... however many people use bigen with success.

A semi permanent won't damage your hair at all.

ebzonix

I used BIGEN to get my blonde/orange (don't ask) streaks out. They weren't meshing well with my purple ones, so yeah. DON'T get it on your hands or you'll feel like your growing fungus on them. Maybe it was me, but I was definitely about to gag for fear.

blasianbeauty

Darker is usually safer :yep:

It depends on what color you use. Permanent colors can be damaging... however many people use bigen with success.

A semi permanent won't damage your hair at all.
Thanks! I have used rinses in the past, but I just don't like the maintenance of them (ya know, re applying the rinse every other week or so to keep the color). I want a deep blue black look (like Kimora Lee's color).

blasianbeauty

I used BIGEN to get my blonde/orange (don't ask) streaks out. They weren't meshing well with my purple ones, so yeah. DON'T get it on your hands or you'll feel like your growing fungus on them. Maybe it was me, but I was definitely about to gag for fear.
Is Bigen a permanent hair dye??

Kurly K

I tried Bigen and love it! I just purchased the blue black to freshen up my color due to the increase in growth :grin:

RoseGolden

Will Bigen work on hair thats already been henna'd/indigo'd?? Will the color still take?

Oh, nevermind :ohwell:. just read this:

"if you have previously colored your hair with henna or a color-restorer, you need to wait until your hair has grown out, until these colors fade completely out of your hair, or until your color-treated hair has been cut. Otherwise, the desired results may not be obtained. "

MonPetite

Please see my review on Bigen in my Color Aldum (fotki). This stuff is EXTREMELY TOXIC and yields on-again off-again results.

I used it several times before giving it up for my health and the health of my hair.

Using a Demi-perm is a lot safer, will work better, and last far longer than a rinse while adding shine sans damage.

gymfreak336

Please see my review on Bigen in my Color Aldum (fotki). This stuff is EXTREMELY TOXIC and yields on-again off-again results.

I used it several times before giving it up for my health and the health of my hair.

Using a Demi-perm is a lot safer, will work better, and last far longer than a rinse while adding shine sans damage.

I haven't used Bigen but something about it isn't right with me. Artemis and I talked about it many times before and I don't think they are completely upfront with the product and what it in it exactly.

MonPetite

Bumping this.

I want to know too.

If I dye my hair jet black when my natural color is "black leather" is it more or less damaging than dying it bright red?