Emergency! Hair Acting Crazy.

curlytwirly06

So I need a shampoo because my hair is acting possessed. I stopped using shampoo because it stripped my hair dry and matted it something terrible. But now my hair is not excepting moisture and feeling icky and dry. I don't use any artificial products and have not changed my products in months except for switching out shampoo for a cleansing conditioner. Can anyone suggest to me a gentle non drying moderately priced shampoo I can get on the ground? I stopped using shampoo because it was causing matts and tangles I need something gentle please.

ThursdayGirl

What about a co-wash, preceded by deep conditioning?

Lately, I have been mixing Aussie moist 3 minute miracle with coconut oil, saturating my hair with it (prewash) and sitting under the dryer for half an hour. Then wash with diluted moisturizing shampoo.

Maybe you could try something similar, but since you need moisture and slip to help with de tangling, a co wash may help? I like a Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner.

When I am really desperate for moisture, I make a Cherry Lola's caramel treatment. If you search online, you can find the recipe and videos. Use Greek yogurt in your treatment, if you can.

julzinha

It seems as though your hair has product build up and needs to be properly cleansed. If you're looking for a reasonably priced natural shampoo, I recommend Trader Joes Tingle Tea Tree Shampoo. You can find it at your local Trader Joes for about 4 or 5 dollars for a 16 oz. I suggest you prepoo with coconut oil before you shampoo and possibly wash twice.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I would shampoo with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat without a prepoo. You can find Giovanni products at natural food stores, Whole Foods, some beauty supply stores, and some supermarkets.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Its build up. The she moisture brands at target or Walgreen works well. The coconut hibiscus or Manuka honey.

I worry about your level of build up though. You will probably have to clarify first shampoo then use a moisturizing one like the Shea moisture second. Then a looooong moisture dc after.

So I need a shampoo because my hair is acting possessed. I stopped using shampoo because it stripped my hair dry and matted it something terrible. But now my hair is not excepting moisture and feeling icky and dry. I don't use any artificial products and have not changed my products in months except for switching out shampoo for a cleansing conditioner. Can anyone suggest to me a gentle non drying moderately priced shampoo I can get on the ground? I stopped using shampoo because it was causing matts and tangles I need something gentle please.

curlytwirly06

It's crazy to have such an amount of build up that would cause problems. I only used a new cleanser last week... Thank you everyone!