Easier way to take vitamins

Serei

One of the mothers in my "play group" suggested an easier way to make stubborn resistant children (like myself) take their vitamins/medicine. She said to buy vitamins in capsules (or if you get tablets, crush them), open them and mix the powder into the whole container of orange juice instead of single glasses. That way, whenever you drink a glass of OJ you are getting your daily vitamins without even thinking about it. I am going to try this with MSM and biotin because LORD knows I hate taking pills! All I have to do now is remember to drink a full glass of orange juice twice a day. Do you think this could work? Would I have to add a pill a day, you think?

FLAME

I'm not a chemist, but in my opinion I think it would be safer for you to add the vitamins daily. Vitamins would lose their potency over time. and truthfully if you are just adding a days worth of vitamins into a whole container of juice. you are just getting traces of the vitamins full potental. so if you have oj, a daily vit or any other juice in the fridge; for that whole week all you've had was equvilent to just one days requirement of nutrients...

If Im wrong in my assumption, please correct me..

Ipanema

I think it would be better to just add it to one glass. That way you'll at least know how much of the supplement you're getting each day.

miss_brown

For this to work, the amount of daily servings of vitamins you want would need to equal your daily serving of orange juice. Therefore, if one orange juice container has 7 servings (and you only drink one serving a day), then add one week's supply of all your vits.

I do agree with Flame, though, on the fact that the vits might lose their potency. If you did try this, however, don't forget to vigorously shake the OJ bottle every time you used it to ensure less vit sediment on the bottom of the bottle.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I think it would be better to just add it to one glass. That way you'll at least know how much of the supplement you're getting each day.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

Pookie25

As long as you only do that with vitamins. I heard it was dangerous to crush certain prescription medication. You will have to get the pharmacist o.k. first.