Grinding Vitamins??

Anaya18

I just wondered if anyone considered grinding their vitmain tablets and mixing them with juice to make taking so many tablets easier? I currently also take flaxseed and have found that a coffee grinder works wonderfully. I just wondered if anyone had success doing it that way, or if anyone thought that the vitamins would be too potent if grinded and therefore absorbed into the body too quickly.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!!

Thanx /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seems like it would taste "medicine-y". /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maybe the other ladies have luck with that method.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Seems like it would taste "medicine-y". /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. I take vitamin c tablets also, and they are very bitter. /images/graemlins/look.gif

i dont know about every one else but the little bitter taste i get wen swallowin wit liquid is bad enuf and i'm afraid that grindin them wud only taste even worse /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmmmmm...I'm not sure about that. I think vitamins are supposed to dissolve in your system at a certain rate. I think grinding them may cause them to be absorbed too quickly. You know how some prescription medicine says do not crush or chew? But I could be wrong...

oh yeh i forgot about that and the same way that some tablets say to take wit cold water coz warm water wud cause them to dissolve to fast

ive been doing this. i wrap em in paper towel/napkin pound em with a glass or bottle and put em in my orange juice, water or wateva im drinking. they do get into tha system easier this way.

Phoenix this is a true point. my doc. mentioned this to me one time - but in the quest for results i fergat /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I think vitamins are supposed to dissolve in your system at a certain rate. I think grinding them may cause them to be absorbed too quickly.

I did this with my pre-natal vitamins and mixed with my oatmeal when I was pregnant. I think it's an excellent idea...that's why I prefer liquids. They don't have all the 'filler' to dissolve before they get in your system. They are much more effective this way. They say a lot of vitamins don't even dissolve fully before you pass them. You can test them by dropping them in a glass of water and see how long they take to dissolve(of course in your stomach they will dissolve faster due to the acids.)

Back