Dying my hair while trying to get length.

mikimix

Before I joined this forum, I wasn't really interested in growing my hair (I had kind of given up) and wanted to dye my hair red with permanent hair dye.
But then I came here and realised that is totally possible to have long relaxed hair!!

So now I'm not quite sure what I should do; if I should dye it like I planned and try to get length by vitamins, deep conditions, daily moisturising and no heat styles, or to just not dye it at all and try to get length.

What would you do in my situation?

I've already done a strand test and not seen any breakage.

westNDNbeauty

I personally would not bleach my hair until it is at my desired length. Breakage and dryness is inevitable. You really have to be on it to make sure your hair stays moisturized so that you can retain length.

faithVA

I would make sure my cleansing and moisturizing regimen was in place first and that I was retaining length over a period of time before coloring. That way if there is an issue with coloring you will know how to make the necessary adjustments.

But if you dont know what products and techniques work for your hair addingj color just makes it harder to try to figure out the causes of an issue.

Know your hair first, grow it, retain it, get it healthy and then color if you like,

westNDNbeauty

Oh, I'm not going to bleach
Just dye it

Oh ok. Understood.

Unless it's a rinse, for me permanently coloring your hair all falls in the same category since the agents will dry out your hair which requires you giving special attention and increasing your moisture.

keepithealthy

I agree with faithva. I would suggest that you have a good reggie first before you add something different into the mix.