Dry weak extension hair micro braids!

lilyanax

I'm about to be at 3 weeks of micro braids they are really fuzzy but i dont mind that so much. The extension hair has just become really really dry, it is Wet n wavy ultra super braiding human hair cant remember the brand but i can find out if its important.

I wash my hair once a week with Creme of Nature ultra moisturizing formula shampoo, then an acv rinse left on for about a minute and rinsed out, then condition with V05 moisture milks it looks nice for about 24hrs then gets real dry again.

I sleep with a satin scarf on every night, I have tried moisturizing them daily with organic root stimulator olive oil moisturizer, Lusters pink oil moisturizer, and mizani rose h20 conditioning hairdress(not all at the same time)

I spray my braids twice a day with African Royale BRX braid spray

Any advice would be greatly appreciated maybe some tips for the fuzzies too?
also whats the easiest way to detangle them?

It sounds like your moisturizing pretty good so maybe its the brand of hair you use. To keep down on the fuzzies, tie your hair down with a scarf while it still wet, it works for me.

:welcome4::newbie: I wear micros alot and I noticed that cowashing daily really helps with the condition of the extention hair as well as my natural hair. You may also want to wash your hair with a baking soda and water solution atleast once a week to clarify and remove product build up.

Forget the Pink Oil, I don't think it's helping. You may want to try using Worlds of Curls moisturizer spray to help moisturize the extentions as well as your natural hair. As for the fuzziness, I'm not sure what to say. Sometimes, the way the hair is process may be the reason why it's fuzzy.

Also, you may want to try not to manipulate the hair when you wash it, that may be another reason for the fuzziness and the tangles. Hope this helps. Good luck and happy hair growing.

Cool i thought that washing it too often might mess it up

How much baking soda to water should i use?

:welcome4::newbie: I wear micros alot and I noticed that cowashing daily really helps with the condition of the extention hair as well as my natural hair. You may also want to wash your hair with a baking soda and water solution atleast once a week to clarify and remove product build up.

Forget the Pink Oil, I don't think it's helping. You may want to try using Worlds of Curls moisturizer spray to help moisturize the extentions as well as your natural hair. As for the fuzziness, I'm not sure what to say. Sometimes, the way the hair is process may be the reason why it's fuzzy.

Also, you may want to try not to manipulate the hair when you wash it, that may be another reason for the fuzziness and the tangles. Hope this helps. Good luck and happy hair growing.

Girl RUN LIKE HELL from that Pink Oil "wanna" be moisturizer! :roadrunner:It's the devil. I am a faithful braid person and I favor the wet and wavy style. I say trash the pink oil and up yourself on cowashing. I like Aussie for cowashing. Also check out my blog on my braids. HTH's

Cool i thought that washing it too often might mess it up

How much baking soda to water should i use?

I would add about 1 Tbls of baking soda for every 8 oz of water. Also, I you may want to use the solution in an applicator bottle. I like to wash my braids with conditioner alot and I don't have any problems. As a matter of fact, my natural hair really improved when I did frequent cowashing. I use Suave Humectant conditioner, it's inexpensive and really moisturizes my hair.

Also try Deep Conditioning atleast once a week.

I think it's build up. I stopped using Creme of Nature many years ago because it left my own hair looking dull. So I can't imagine what it's doing to your extensions. The Pink Oil is also not helping. Baking soda may work to remove build up but I can tell you that my experience with BS sucked so badly I panicked for about 30 minutes while I rushed to save my hair by CW and lawd knows what. The open cuticles it gave my hair (no extensions) made my hair rougher and drier looking than I had ever seen it. So I'm not a fan of BS but many people seem to like it.

I don't know if this is any help but I noticed just how glossy my extensions were yesterday much to my pleasant surprise coz I don't use any products after I rinse out conditioner or do an ACV. I usually keep my extension hair looking fresh for over a year and I suspect it's coz I don't put too much on it. I think with human hair, less is more.

CON has lye and the acv is acidic, all of which are breaking down the syn. hair. It sounds like it is too late to fix it. Maybe try a serum to smooth it.

Back