Product review: Miss Jessie's for curl definition

keysha1983

I have type A hair with a tight curl pattern. I am seeking to challenge myself and into using protective hair styles.

I want to try the twist-out and braid-out. I watched the tutorials on how the Miss Jessies styling products enchance the natural curl pattern in hair. I have relaxed hair (I'm aiming for texlax), so do you think the products will aid in enhancing my curl pattern?

Thanks for the advice!!!! :yep:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I think Miss Jessies enhances the curl pattern for people with natural hair in the 3 or 4 hair type range (it certainly does for mine), you being relaxed, I'm not so sure. I hope the other ladies will chime in.

keysha1983

Thanks! The product line is expensive! I want reviews before I drop alot of money into this product. Bumping for more answers!

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Thanks! The product line is expensive! I want reviews before I drop alot of money into this product. Bumping for more answers!

They are expensive. I use the Curly Pudding, the Curly Meringue, the Curly Buttercreme (don't like the smell) and the Creme de la Creme conditioner. The one that gives me great curl definition is the curly pudding, I love it. They also have the unscented version of it. I hope So1913 chimes in, she's has more experience with their products.

RedVelvet310

:yep: Miss Jessie's line stresses that it doesn't CREATE curls, it defines them. If you hair is relaxed and you have some texture/curls in it, a curl definer may work for you. But Miss Jessies can be expensive.. there are a lot of other les expensive alternatives to miss j's curly pudding... I've never used them but if you do a search you shouldn't have trouble finding some great inexpensive products. Also if you visit www.honeyfig.com they have sample sizes of miss jessies curly pudding

keysha1983

Thanks! I saw the much raved about JessiCurls products on there. I am trying not to become a product junkie. I currently use Aphogee products and I don't see any shedding or breakage. As I transition I want something to define my curl pattern and add moisture to my hair. I will try using the products from this site.

lilsparkle825

Get it from the LHCF exchange board, or just buy the sample kit. I never pay full price for my stuff.

I like the curly pudding and the baby buttercreme (lighter smell than the curly buttercreme). I use the buttercreme to moisturize and the pudding to hold my curls. Since you are relaxed I wouldn't recommend the MJ products.

chebaby

i love the baby buttercream for moisture. i just did the big chop less than a month ago so i dont have enough hair to do braid outs but the curly meringue is so much better than the curly pudding. the pudding gives amazing definition but dries crunchy so i dont use it. good thing its just a sample though. the baby buttercream is the only thing i have in the large size because i love it.

chebaby

you can use the baby buttercream because my ends loved it before i did the big chop. but your relaxed hair will not like the other products because they are for curly/natural hair.

keysha1983

Thanks for the advice! By the way, I tried to do a pin curl style last night, and it turned out to be a hot mess! I am so depressed right now! :(