Dominican Salon & Product,What is Equilivent?

kizzylonghair

Hi,

I hear about many ladies in the US going for Dominican Blowouts and using Dominican products.
I just wanted to know what the equilivents are. Many of us are not fortunate to have Dominicans in our area. I am England and I have never heard of a Dom Salon anywhere here. I am sure there are ladies from all over the world that are also curious.

Anyway ladies that have gone to have there services what do they do, Surely with the right instructions many of us can try this our self, and may already be doing it, or we can get our own Hairdressers to do it.

What about the products they use are they any branded products that are the same, Could we make our own?

Ladies please share?

The main method of Dominican Salons is a rollerset and then followed by a wrap or a wrap and blow-out with a round or paddle brush or just a blow-out (either on the length or just the roots).

Rollersetting is a better styling method than the popular method of using curling irons or flat irons since it uses indirect heat. The direct heat of the blow-dryer is intense but short and gets roots straight.

If they won't let you use your own products, that's ok; I know a lot of black salons that do blowouts. It's not really the products, it's the technique.

Ok Thanks Ladies,

I have seen that technique done before. Sounds like it would be best done when I have lots of newgrowth?

Back