Dominican blow out on dry hair?

SoforReal

Forgive me if this has already been answered.

I know of the technique where you spritz the hair with water and get it bone straight by aiming the blow dryer at the damp hair held by a brush. But all of the Dominican salons I have gone to point the blow dryer on dry hair and get it bone straight (steam literally comes off). How is this done? Is there a special kind of blow dryer? If so please let me know the name/model.

I have a cheap 1875 watt blow dryer at home and it does not get my hair bone straight when aimed at dry hair.

So what's the secret????? :look: Thanks!

JLove74

I've only ever had a blow out on dry hair. After the rollers are removed the hair is parted and with the brush on top or under the hair the blowdryer nozzel is pointed downward and the brush pulling in the same direction. Make sure your blowing and pulling in the same direction to avoid frizzyness.

No special dryer, 1875 watt with a nozzel attachment, should be fine. No water spritzing is needed, just be sure to apply a heat protectant.

SoforReal

Thank you! A lot of them have these $100+ blow dryers. I just thought they had extra features I wasn't aware of.