Blow drying 101 - How many people here blow dry unrelaxed root bone straight?

Mystic

If you need a relaxer badly, do you blow dry your nappy roots bone straight? If so, what is your technique? The other day, I needed a relaxer really badly - I think my growth was about 2 inches and I could not comb it. I went to the hair dresser and she blow dried my hair and the roots became just as straight as if I had a relaxer. All she used was the blow dry and a curling iron - I could not believe my hair could be so straight with just a blow drying. It is now 3 days later and my hair is still straight. The edges are getting back nappy but the middle is still straight. If I can master this technique, I will be able to relax only 2X per year, if at all, and my hairdresser problem would be over. I need your blow drying 101 guidance so I can achieve the look at home - please share.

Last edited:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Blow out the roots section by section using a brush and a good straightening serum or spray. Concentrate the nozzle at the root and pull with the brush. A few passes with the brush should do the trick....I have some pics in my album....

ETA: Look in the June 2005 album

Hth

Last edited:

AnjelLuvs

Additionally, the more mositurized your hair it is the straighter it will become... cant do it with 50+% dry, or it will be more difficult...