4a/4b Naturals: How do you blow dry?

boundlessbeauty

It seems I haven't found a method for blow-drying that works for my hair. Ladies please chime in as to how do you blow dry you hair straight. Do you stretch then blow dry straight? Blow-dry with using a comb or the comb of the dryer?

Pictures of the outcome would be great:yep:

naturebee

I blow dry using the tension method.

From what I've learned from our fab lhf ladies -- it's not just about the method but also the products.

So using a Sedu after blow drying with the tension method gets the job done really well.

My current issue is trying to get which heat protectant does the job and in what quantity. Since I've not figured that part out, I shed way too much when I straighten. And I'm afraid that'll lead to a setback!! :wallbash:

I've tried tresemme, sabino moisture bloc, sedu protectant and giovanni frizz be gone in various combinations and still haven't found the right combination or quantity :perplexed

darlingdiva

I've been blow-drying on low/cool every week with the comb attachment. After I blow dry, I twist my hair. If I remember, I'll ask DH to take a pic of the outcome.

I've just been blow drying my hair to stretch it for more length for my twists, so I have not been ultra-concerned with straightness.

shocol

I blow dry using a Denman brush and the concentrator nozzle on the blow dryer. The comb attachment rips out too much hair.

Tiye

It seems I haven't found a method for blow-drying that works for my hair. Ladies please chime in as to how do you blow dry you hair straight. Do you stretch then blow dry straight? Blow-dry with using a comb or the comb of the dryer?

Pictures of the outcome would be great:yep:

^^ I don't. I think I may have a wussy blow dryer. Also consider the weight of your hair - is it fine, medium or coarse. Mine is coarse and after blow drying and flat ironing, my hair looks like a lot of people's blow dries. (I only do it for braid prep so it doesn't matter much).

Sapphire_chic

I had the greatest blowdry experience Today. I followed Pinkskates method which she detailed in her FOTM article. My hair got so straight, even the ends. I had NO broken hairs like when I have used a comb or brush in the past.
I feel so bad it's taken me so long and so many broken hairs to discover this method.