Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer!!! Buy One LOL

ReesieCup

I am so excited. I recently purchased the Andis Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer to mimic the Dominican Style Blow Outs that I love. I used the dryer for the first time today without roller setting my hair. The dryer has exceeded my expectations for a number of reasons.
1) bone straight results at root, even with 1 inch of 4 a/b hair
2) my hair was silky smooth only needing a curl on the ends with the Ceramic flat iron
3) the blow dryer was NEVER as hot as the ones at the Dominican Salons but my hair got just as straight.
4) only cost me $42, many of the Italian or Ceramic Blow Dryers (Chi or T3) cost in the 100's of dollars
5) last but not least it only took me ONE hour to do my hair completely yes friends ONE hour. I started at 8:42 ended at 9:38.

FYI: I used with Creme of Nature shampoo, applied shine serum to wet hair and applied Satin Creme Press to ends before curling with the Sedu Ceramic iron.

Here's the information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00011QSQ8/103-0469050-9380609?v=glance&n=3760911

Synthia

I had never even heard of this dryer until I saw a discussion on it yesterday.

I don't really blow-dry my hair ever :eek:, but I might get one for rare special occasions .... or emergencies (although now I use a fan for emergencies :lol:)

The ion factor is supposed to make it healthier, I wonder if it really does :confused:. Anyway, I assume you're natural and can withstand this heat regularly?

I'd be interested in knowing if regular users are maintaining healthy hair. ..

comike

ReesieCup said:
I am so excited. I recently purchased the Andis Ceramic Ionic Blow Dryer to mimic the Dominican Style Blow Outs that I love. I used the dryer for the first time today without roller setting my hair. The dryer has exceeded my expectations for a number of reasons.
1) bone straight results at root, even with 1 inch of 4 a/b hair
2) my hair was silky smooth only needing a curl on the ends with the Ceramic flat iron
3) the blow dryer was NEVER as hot as the ones at the Dominican Salons but my hair got just as straight.
4) only cost me $42, many of the Italian or Ceramic Blow Dryers (Chi or T3) cost in the 100's of dollars
5) last but not least it only took me ONE hour to do my hair completely yes friends ONE hour. I started at 8:42 ended at 9:38.

FYI: I used with Creme of Nature shampoo, applied shine serum to wet hair and applied Satin Creme Press to ends before curling with the Sedu Ceramic iron.

Here's the information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00011QSQ8/103-0469050-9380609?v=glance&n=3760911

I have the same blow dryer however I can't seem to get my hair bone straight although it does dry my hair much quicker with seemingly less heat intensity. it is definitely better than a regular blow dryer. I'm wondering.... if you're using a brush or are you using the comb attachments that come with the dryer?

HoneyDew

I am on a personal NO BLOWDRYER challenge, but I have one of these dryers and, I agree, it does get hair straight.

I used to be addicted it but I stopped using it because my hair started to suffer.

Just be careful, It gets really hot and PLEASE don't use the comb attachment.

*Frisky*

HoneyDew said:
I am on a personal NO BLOWDRYER challenge, but I have one of these dryers and, I agree, it does get hair straight.

I used to be addicted it but I stopped using it because my hair started to suffer.

Just be careful, It gets really hot and PLEASE don't use the comb attachment.

What happenend? I have only used my dryer twice both times with the comb attachment with no problem...

*Frisky*

crlsweetie912 said:
I should not come into these threads! (I must not buy this dryer, I must not buy this dryer!)

hahahahaha..I got mine off of amazon.com for cheap!! Check it out....:grin:

KhandiB

I have that dryer and my main complaint that I have and many of my associates that have it is that the doggone comb always falls off ...

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
What happenend? I have only used my dryer twice both times with the comb attachment with no problem...

No, it is great besides the fact that it falls off all the time.

It gets the job done.

It was just too much direct heat for me.

ReesieCup

I can't believe someone found this dryer for $24.99!!

I used to have a dryer like the Silver Bird (what most Dominican Salons use). The Andis I now have does not get as hot, but my hair is definately straighter. I used a roller brush, the cheaper plastic one with the bulbs on the end of each spike, on the roots only.

My secret to damage free blow dryed hair is to NEVER PULL wet hair in the drying process. As you well informed ladies probably already know, your hair is most vulnerable to damage when wet. Next time you wash your hair, pull a couple of wet strands gently to see how easily they pop. Keep this in mind when blow drying your hair. You should let the hair dry slightly within each section before pulling the brush through the hair.

Because of this philosophy, I've never been a fan of using the comb attachment. To properly straighten hair you need to use the narrow pointer attachment with a round brush pulled gently through the hair. The comb attachment also rarely gets the hair as straight anyway.

Another thing I didn't mention is that I saturate my hair with a silcone based serum while wet. It creates the slip and protection to prevent heat related damage. I also apply some old school Soft Sheen Creme Press to the ends before curling with the Ceramic.

Products are so important to the success of this method as well. If you have any issues retaining moisture in the hair, I would avoid this technique until you find products to remedy that issue. I personally have found the right combination of products which include Kenra Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner and Creme of Nature Shampoo to work wonders. I also use Motions CPR moisturizer on the ends and edges of my hair daily. This routine works well for me.

I am a reformed PJ. It took me a while to find the right combination of products/tools that worked, once I did, I no longer felt the need to buy new products.

NewYorkgyrl

Are you natural or relaxed????? If you are natural how is the rounded brush less damaging than the comb attachment and still more effective at straightening?

ReesieCup

The comb attachment will not straighten the hair. Using the comb attachment just causes you to pull on the wet hair, a sure fire way of damaging it.

To straigten properly, I use the narrow attachment, which provides a targeted airflow. I don't pull the round brush all the way through the hair.

By the way, my hair is relaxed with more than an inch of new growth. I hope that this clears things up.

lexi08

ReesieCup said:
The comb attachment will not straighten the hair. Using the comb attachment just causes you to pull on the wet hair, a sure fire way of damaging it.

To straigten properly, I use the narrow attachment, which provides a targeted airflow. I don't pull the round brush all the way through the hair.

By the way, my hair is relaxed with more than an inch of new growth. I hope that this clears things up.

HWat type of round brush are you using?

*Frisky*

ReesieCup said:

I used mine last night with the comb attachment and my roots are straight as well the rest of my hair. I could never get with the blow dryer in one hand, brush in the other technique but alot of people prefer this.

Last edited:

MiWay

Just got mine in the mail today! I have the black one...$34 including shipping. Gosh, I'm such a follower. :lol: I can't wait to try it!

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
I used mine last night with the comb attachment and my roots are straight as well the rest of my hair. I could never get with the blow dryer in one hand, brush in the other technique but alot of people prefer this.

Mine also makes my hair straight with just the comb attachment.

Just be careful with it guys. That comb attachment is a sheep in wolf's clothing. I guess I am just paranoid because I couls not use a brush w/o fear either.