Does Your Hair Like Shampoo?

How Does Your Hair Feel About Shampoo?

• My Hair Loves It!

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • My Hair Hates It!

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • My Hair is a Moody Chick!

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Other ('Cause you have to have an other in life, right?)

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lolascurls

My hair LOATHES shampoo! I haven't used it in a year now! I use ACV rinses or baking soda and conditioner mixes to wash my hair!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
my hair seems fine with or without shampoo.

now my scalp? thats a whole nother ball game. i think i am gonna have to give up this 'only shampoo when necessary' thing. i feel like i should shampoo everytime i wash my hair because the buildup is crazy. i just can't take it anymore. my hair will be fine. i'll just dc, because i can't deal with this itching just 3 days after i done washed my hair. :nono:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Those are acidic shampoos. Your scalp probably reacts badly to shampoos because you use those do not have a low pH. Neutralizing shampoos and I know Paul Mitchell Moisture and Shine have low pHs, which agrees the the acidity of the skin.

I have tested both shampoos and they are within the acceptable ranges. It might be one of the cleansing agents that disagrees with my scalp. I am not changing them so diluting works well.

I shampoo EVERY week sometimes I do a repeater because I need my hair super clean for my treatments.

bibirockz

@bibirock Have you tried washing your hair in braids? I can't imagine washing hair loose. I'm always in braids or twists. If I had been wearing my hair out, I will put it in braids before washing it and keep undoing, combing and rebraiding during the shampooing, conditioning and final rinse. I never let my hair tangle.

To answer the OP, my hair, head and I love shampoo. I prefer gel-like shampoos which I apply directly to my scalp and squeeze through my hair, usually during the rinse (especially when I had braid extensions). Now that I've just got twists, I squeeze shampoo through twists before I even start to rinse. The scalp massage during shampooing is the highlight of my wash. I also do not avoid sulphates. If it is a moisturizing shampoo, chances I'll use it with or w/o sulphates.

@Nonie last week I tried 4 braids but I left the braids in throughout the whole washing and DC process and it wasn't so pretty. It was better than on loose hair alone though. I think I'll try ur method for my next Poo wash day with. I also think since I'm transitioning my hair is more like to tangle? Thanks again! You're always so helpful!

Ltown

Greyland
My hair and scalp feels clean when I use shampoo, I've tried the cowash and that works only when I use ayurveda powders which most have a cleaning effect. I just make sure I DC or use a moisturizering conditioner after shampooing.

chasturner84

My hair is fine with shampoo. I even lather up more than once: once with a protein poo and once with a moisturizing poo (I'm not sure that it's necessary, I just love shampoo!) My hair "performs" better when it has been shampoo'd and DC'd and not just CW'd.

Prudent1

KeraCare First Lather (clarifying) and the hydrating shampoos are awesome!! My hair loves Shampoo. My hair also loves the Creme of Nature detangling shampoo also. A bottle of shampoo lasts me a very long time because I dilute it and use it on my scalp only, while letting the rinse go through my hair.
:yep: What she said. That's pretty much regardless of whether I'm clarifying or whatever type of shampooing.

Nonie

I have tested both shampoos and they are within the acceptable ranges. It might be one of the cleansing agents that disagrees with my scalp. I am not changing them so diluting works well.

I shampoo EVERY week sometimes I do a repeater because I need my hair super clean for my treatments.

May I ask what the shampoos are?

Mz.MoMo5235

my hair and scalp like poo

i tried going poo'less and i just didnt have the results i get with poo

i shampoo every week and yes, they have sulfates in it... i lather my head up every week and my head is happy...

then i also do just a water rinse when ever my hair needs it in between the poos

Janet'

I don't think that my hair likes or dislikes it...I will say that it seems to be thriving with Cleansing Conditioner...

lovelexi

I need shampoo in my life. Otherwise my hair gets greasy and never feels clean. If I co-wash in about a day my scalp starts itching to be washed. I use shampoos without those heavy duty cleansing agents. I was using Giovanni Deeper Moisture but I tried Shea Moisture Thickening Shampoo and its way more moisturizing and still leaves my scalp feeling clean.

NaturalJai

I voted "other" in the 2 years that I have been natural I have found that my hair does NOT like shampoo; however, shamposs is absolutely necessary to clarify and get rid of buildup so I used it occasionally and spent a ton of time conditioning to get my hair back in a normal good feeling state. However, I have found that I love the Curl Cleanser by Ori Organics, it is a no sulfate shampoo with low or no lather. although it stinks to high heaven IMO it's been a wonder for my hair and scalp. It feels like liquid silk and my hair is still soft afterwards, but it took 2 years to find this miracle.

Spring

After joining lhcf and learning about sulfates, I decided to use shampoo with more natural ingredients and sulfate free. Well my hair hates it, but my scalp loves it :ohwell:. I've used J/A/S/O/N, and I love the ingredients, but it lifts my cuticles and makes my hair tangle. I'm going to have to give this up and look for a happy medium.

Last edited:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
my hair sucks up moisture.:ohwell: and when ishampoo it makes my hair SQUEEEK..y clean. ihate the sounds and feel of my hair after ishampoo -__- even when igo weeks without shampooing:perplexed wtf..