Carol Daughter's Monoi Shampoo

naturallygoldie

Hi all just wanted to share my experience with Carol Daughter's Monoi shampoo. First off let me say my hair loves coconut oil:grin: it's no wonder the shampoo felt (and smelled) divine to me. :lick: I was a bit doubtful because I've tried other CD products and they failed miserably except for the hair balm which only works to relieve severe scalp itchies.

My hair wasn't 100% tangle free after washing but it wasn't as dry/tangly as when I wash with my AG Linseed Shampoo or Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo (hair felt as dry as with Linseed and did not lather well).

The Monoi shampoo lathered well. Both my natural and relaxed parts loved it equally :blush: so far it's a keeper. My hair felt very soft and hydrated. I skipped the Monoi conditioner (hair felt that good) and DC'd with my racioppi (the hair mask didn't get great reviews so I didn't purchase it).

I think I just found my new staple.:yep: I still <3 my linseed shampoo but maybe I'll start using it as a clarifying shampoo.

chebaby

i wont be buying the shampoo but im going to get the mask today.

i love her tui and black vanilla shampoo. very moisturizing.

twatombl

I just saw it at Sephora, it looked really creamy. I was tempted to buy but will hold off for now, it seems like it will be nice though.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I just got samples from my hairdresser on Thursday. She did the hair masque for my steam treatment. My hair felt conditioned.

I'll have to see how it works when I use the samples (shampoo and hair masque) at home.

Will post pics later.

ETA Pics

Attachments

• 100_0120.JPG
    100_0120.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0137.JPG
    100_0137.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

naturallygoldie

Oops forgot the pics...will post later

ETA best pics (without a proper camera) added :lachen:

Attachments

• IMG00961-20110515-1152.jpg
    IMG00961-20110515-1152.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG00960-20110515-1151.jpg
    IMG00960-20110515-1151.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Coffee

I was just looking at this on HSN last night. I may go back and order it now :lachen:.

ETA: I just ordered the Carol's Daughter's Monoi condish & masque, also Carol's Daughter's Tui poo & smoothie.

Last edited:

chebaby

i purchased the conditioner today. couldnt bring myself to pay $30 for the mask.
i also got the new black vanilla daily conditioner from hsn today in the mail. well yesterday.

Mz.MoMo5235

yeah, i ordered the black vanilla 3some from hsn, poo, daily co and smoothie. i havent used it yet cause i want to finish my tui. if the black is more moisturizing than the tui i'll be in love ~sigh~

outspokenwallflower

Just wanna chime in with my review of the Monoi line:

I rrrreally like it! I have never really had any bad experiences with Carol's Daughter, but no amazing or worth remembering experiences either. However, last night was the first!

For starters, the shampoo does lather up nicely and very easily; I didn't necessarily think it was super moisturizing; it was alright in terms of moisture and didn't really detangle my hair or anything, but my hair and scalp did feel nice and clean. :)

The mask was GREAT! Not only did it smell heavenly (as did the poo and condish) but the texture of it is so whipped and creamy so it was a breeze to spread, apply and massage into my hair. When I washed out after sitting with it in my hair for a lil while, my hair was so soft and moisturized! I'm almost 2 months post and I happen to have a lot of new growth at the moment, and the mask made my curls feel so soft and defined!

I finished up with the conditioner which is creamy and moisturizing, but nothing considerably different from a typical conditioner.

After applying the same leave-ins I always use and drying/flat-ironing as I always do, my hair felt full and strong and moisturized. I saw a lot less hair in the sink than I typically do, and my hair feels so silky strong and soft today (not to mention wonderfully fragrant)! I really like the line, but specifically the mask.

Legally Natural

i purchased the conditioner today. couldnt bring myself to pay $30 for the mask.
i also got the new black vanilla daily conditioner from hsn today in the mail. well yesterday.

I saved $14.95 and got free shipping buying some products the other day. Did you check for coupon codes?

Solitude

I know this is an old thread, but I had to bump this. I had to make an exchange at Ulta and I opted for a sample pack of CD Monoi, Shampoo, and the mask.

These products are amazing. I used them a few times before posting this review. My hair smells soooooo good. If this was a body fragrance, I would buy a gallon of it. I did a rollerset with only a small amount of leave-in and my hair was bouncy and really well moisturized.

These products are keepers for me. I plan to buy the full sizes and I'll be trying the Chocolat line next. I've been very disappointed by CD in the past, but these products are great. As a side note, I have been using WEN exclusively for months, but this sulfate free shampoo left my hair feeling better than WEN.