Does weaves feel as hot as wigs in the summer?

NYDee

I'm trying to decide what to do with my hair in the summer. I wore wig for the most of last summer and it was so hot sometimes. I would rather wear wigs 'cause I don't want to leave any part of my hair out but I can't deal with the heat that it generates.

calmsensual1

no weaves dont generate as much heat as wigs do.
hell in the winter i sometimes wear wigs as a kind of winter hat because its so dang cold.

msdevo

When I did wear weaves, it would mostly be in the hotter months and it was just like having my own hair out. I didn't sweat and it was much more comfortable.

Now wigs!!!! It seems that no matter what month , Jan-Dec, Im sweating underneath. I usually can't wait to get home before I snatch that thing off.

stepfun83

I think a weave is hotter than a wig.
Atleast you can take the wig off when you get to the house to air out your scalp.
I tend to sweat really, really, really bad from my scalp in the summer months.

Mo96

Go for the weave! Mine was really light and felt great durig the summer. Ajacks wasn't lying about the itching, though!

lilsparkle825

i know i will personally never do it again. i WILL be redoing these senegalese twists, though. low-mani and my scalp can breathe!

bluediamond0829

Haha weaves are alot better than wigs. Unless you can maybe find a good thin wig.

Horror weave story:
I had one weave stylist that oh boy she would put this stocking cap on and do a sew in with it(yes not a quick weave where its glued) but a actual sew in on a stocking cap talk about burning up. The last time i took it off only after a couple days and that was during the winter. When i would try to sleep it just felt so so hot. So i dont go to her anymore Thank God!!

lilsparkle825

Your twists are very nice. Was that your first attempt?
well, yes and no...i have done kinky twists once on myself and about 5-6 times on my sister, but this is the first time i have used the kanekalon instead of the pre-separated afro kinky hair.