Hot In Wigs?????

dyh080

I am just experimenting with wigs and am finally able to keep my hands out of my hair. I should have been doing this in the winter.
Anyhow, although my wigs are light because I made them myself using a weave net, I don't think I'll be able to do this when the weather is hot and humid.

My question: ( sorry if it has been answered) How many of you still wear wigs in the summer? IF not, what do you do?

meecee

I can't in the summer. Its too hot where I live. TOO HOT. If I do, I only wear them going out at night, when I know I'll be in an air conditioned environment.

SelfStyled

I sometimes wear half wigs in the summer. If I am at work and it is air conditioned, then it is fine no problem. But for any outdoor events, like a cookout or going to a sporting event, I wouldn't even think of it. I think HW's are the best option for the summer heat, I have even done cute updo's with my HW's in the summer.

dyh080

thanks,
Yea, I'm going to have to do something this summer because I spend a lot of time outside in the summer.

MrsMe

I tried during the winter...and I WAS BURNING!! I mean, sweating and itching because of the sweat running down my scalp. I can't handle wigs so I bow to your strength ladies!

darlingdiva

I wore a full-head wig last summer & during my recent trip to Trinidad, and I didn't have any problem with it.

My Friend

:nono: Gurrlll.....talking about HOT! The surprising thing is that I am normally always cold :yep: I like wearing them in the winter for an extra layer of warmth but for the summer, I've choosen to do installs or braids.

Filmatic

I wear wigs year round, even living in the hot and humid south. In the summer I go for short, thinner wigs. I try to stay EL-SL unless it is night time, then I'm freer to go longer.

Duchesse

I'm planning on wigging it this summer. I prob won't wear a stocking cap though. Between the wig and headbands that I usually wear, I'm not trying to pass out.