Does this make any sense?

joyandfaith

...or am I wasting my time?

I usually DC overnight, or a couple of hours before my weekly wash with shampoo. However, this morning it dawned on me that I could be stripping away all of the positive effects of a DC. Does it make any sense for me to do this before a shampoo? TIA

discobiscuits

Some ppl call that a type of pre pooing & it is supposed to be a good thing. Theoretically it sounds logical. I don't pre poo but if I DC it is always after pooing and usually after a protein treatment if I do one.

joyandfaith

That's the thing. I'm not really doing a DC right after the shampoo, and on top of that, I usually put some Aphogee 2 min reconstructor in after the shampoo.

I'm just realizing that my regi may be out of whack

sheba1

Sareca's a huge fan of DCing on dry hair with heat. The theory is that the follicle is not already filled up (with water) so there is even more room to soak up the benefits of the DC. She had a thread on it but I haven't had much luck locating it. I'll keep looking.

discobiscuits

hopefully you'll get more responses soon. i'm not really knowledgble on pre-pooing and DCing b4 pooing and such. i'm one of those low-mani, short reggie ppl *cough*hair-lazy*cough* LOL :laugh: i'll add this, relaxed, natural or in between, there was a time when i would poo-con-protein-dc-style. i think the logic behind prepooing is adding moisture and/or oils to your hair to help prevent the poo from stripping too much of your natural oils.

i don't think anything is wrong with the order if it works for you (your avi pic is pretty so i figure it works) :yep: . maybe just do another con after the protein.