Does anyone still use "grease"?

Lucia

Re: Does anyone still use "grease"?

I stopped completely, but i never used grease much anyways.

foxybrownsugar

My length/ends luv grease! Last summer I call myself just using oil after CWing and my ends were looking like buckwheat. :eek: :perplexed Oils absorb on my skin but not on my hair so I brought back the grease and my hair said ....."YEAH MON". ;)

Zeal

Re: Does anyone still use \"grease\"?

My Mom uses it. I can't think of the brand name. It has the outline of Africa on it. My Mom is natural and always does the press and curl thing. It makes her hair very straight and it stays straight. She is to the shoulders. We might have to get her in the forum.

Desert Skye

My hair needs grease, period. I use Blue Magic and Mane and Tail Hairdressing. When I dont use it, my hair becomes frizzy and dry.

Jewell

I don't currently use it but I have a jar of Sulfur 8 and some Allways Indian Hemp, as well as Allways Super Gro in the back of the closet. My hair and scalp have always loved grease, and for that sake, I won't throw those out in case I start back using it. I mainly use MTG on my scalp. I use Mane "N Tail Olive Oil Creme as a hair dress.

Suri

I love Nature's Blessings and ORS Jojoba Oil, but I also use the ORS Creams and natural oils. So yes, my hair needs grease, and responds very well to it.

Brandi

I still do! I'm using Sulfur 8 on my scalp and Break-thru Moisturizer on my ends. I think there is some benefit to using "grease" as long as you're using it in moderation and not every day.

InnerSoul

I don't use "grease" ... I prefer natural oils (coconut, EVOO, sweet almond etc..) however I use ORS moisturizer that has petroleum listed halfway down the ingredients list.. so I guess that would be a grease. But I wouldn't intentionally use it on its own.. only in a product and only if its way down the ingredient's list.

Royal Glory

sareca said:
I use Ojon. It's a palm nut oil that is solid at room temperature.

Sareca, you're singing my song, girl. :)

Natural oils for me. Ojon, sweet almond oil, jojoba, coconut oil.

deltagyrl

When rollersetting I seal my ends with Softee Coconut Oil for the low-low price of $1 and my hair LOVES it.:D

locfreeme

I use Marc's LanoLuster Medicated Formula (contains 5% sulfur). I oil my scalp and hair about once a week, especially when I have new growth. It's great for my and my daughters' hair. When I can't find the LanoLuster I use Sulfur 8.

kally

I just started back. I am trying that Maxgro. The one with sulpher in it. A few people on this board said it was good.

kyla

Re: Does anyone still use \"grease\"?

Cindy70 said:
Although, I prefer to call it hairdressing. I've tried all the natural oils (coconut, jojoba, shea butter, etc.) and none of them really make my hair soft, just really oily and frizzy. "Grease" seems to be the only thing that works for me. Blue Magic and Motions hairdressing are a couple that I've used and like. Who else still uses grease and what kind do you use?

Yes, I do use Grease. I wear cornrolls.