Does anyone still use "grease"?

Cindy70

Does anyone still use \"grease\"?

Although, I prefer to call it hairdressing. I've tried all the natural oils (coconut, jojoba, shea butter, etc.) and none of them really make my hair soft, just really oily and frizzy. "Grease" seems to be the only thing that works for me. Blue Magic and Motions hairdressing are a couple that I've used and like. Who else still uses grease and what kind do you use?

so1913

Re: Does anyone still use \"grease\"?

Well, I don't really use "grease" but I know one that I've suggested to those who still like to use it is Nature's Blessings Pomade. Nothing but positive feedback on this natural pomade.

Cindy70

I'm also thinking about trying a pomade. I've been eyeing the Aura Humectant pomade at Sally's, but I wonder if this is something that I can use daily or if its too heavy.

Kamilla16

I might still use Blue Magic once every "Blue Moon" (Is that the saying!?) LOL

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I got a jar of the Nature's Blessings at the Black Expo a few weeks ago. Although it is lighter than most 'greases", it's still too heavy to use on my hair every day. But sometimes I'll put it on at night and do a conditioner wash in the morning. It's kind of like a pre-shampoo oil treatment.

licutiexx

I use Blue Magic Coconut Oil hair grease on my ends and it works like a charm.

MissB

I use the Keracare High Sheen Glossifier on my scalp twice per week.

pmichael52172

Yyyyup I still do. I use Mijara hair treatment. I only grease after I wash and set... don't need to any more than that.

I used to use a lot of natural hair dressings (shea butter, olive oil), but now I do use commerical pomades. Even still I avoid petroleum, mineral oil, and lanolin.

simone103

I admit it. I still haven't been able to kick the grease to the side. I use Sulfur 8 once or twice a week.

janet

I sometimes use Arosci shine/defyning dress. I like it!! It really moisterizes my hair. Everyone I know with brastrap or longer hair uses some sort of hair grease on their hair. It helps them retain their length.

Lindy

Clairol Vitapointe, although I use it so much less now that I've discovered Elasta QP Mango Butter.

Still, nothing beats it for shine. I realize now that it DOES build up on the hair if you use too much of it daily.

pet

I still use grease also. I use TCB. The oils, are too light for my hair, and I always have to put extra even though I oiled it the day before. With grease, I only have to apply it once.

LaFemmeNegrita

I still use it sometimes - and I mean the heavy, petroleum-based stuff. Some days, you need a lil' sumthin' extra on your 'do. I try to avoid getting it all over my scalp nowadays, but it's a keeper.

metalkitty

Yep, yep. I use the Keracare Glossifier for dry and itchy scalp to soothe my scalp after I scrape the barnacles off my scalp w/ a rattail comb. Been doing it since I was really little and I think that along with good genes is what makes my hair thick and long aka not break. Really, everyone don't be afraid of mineral oil, it might work for you....

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, yep. I use the Keracare Glossifier for dry and itchy scalp to soothe my scalp after I scrape the barnacles off my scalp w/ a rattail comb. Been doing it since I was really little and I think that along with good genes is what makes my hair thick and long aka not break. Really, everyone don't be afraid of mineral oil, it might work for you....

[/ QUOTE ]

You scrape your scalp! sounds painful!

AMBERSKYE

I occasionally oil/grease my scalp! I only do this when my scalp starts calling out for HELP! After I get touch-ups, I always get a dry, itchy scalp! When this happens, I use ISOPLUS' NATURAL REMEDY TEA TREE & ALOE TREATMENT!
This product really WORKS and it doesn't smell bad!
It has tea tree oil, aloe vera, horsetail, sage, rosemary, and coconut oil.
I don't experience itchiness or dryness after use, but...

I've been coming across alot of posts, which say mineral oil and petroleum/petrolatum are not good for the hair and/or your scalp (clogs pores) :-(
This product as well as many others have these 2 ingredients!
I'm thinking about switching up my scalp oil/grease!
I've read some interesting things about natural oils, such as,
jojoba oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil (dandruff/dry scalp)
and castor oil (pure)
These oils are natural and have properties which are supposed to aid in hair growth and help retain moisture in the scalp and hair!
These oils are used by some board members.
I'm really considering it!

I'll let y'all know what oils I choose to combine and the outcome!

Cindy70

It's good to see that I'm not the only one still using grease!
I know that many people feel that products with mineral oil in them will clog their pores and possibly stunt hair growth. I'm not sure about that. I just know that my hair looks a lot better when I use an oil/grease with mineral oil in it. Maybe my hair just needs something heavier than light oils like jojoba and coconut oil.

LondonDiva

I recently just bought the blue magic to use on my hair not on the scalp for when I'm wearing twists. I'm not intending to use it often, but I feel it will be a better protectant especially since my hair is in contact with my clothes unless it's pinned up. I may even stick to using it in the winter on my the hair only if I wear that style

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
i use Vaseline on my ends. other than that, no i don't use grease...

[/ QUOTE ] I find it a little unnerving to try to put products on my ends. It seems like when I start fiddling with them, they start breaking. No matter where I'm slathering conditioner on them, vaseline, oil...anything...

Integrity

i am lovong grease on my ends after the moisturiser, be it distilled water or Dew. doo gro anti-thinning formula works like a charm on my ends and it smells great! it is probably the only product of doo gro that does what it says!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

i'm going back to using grease on my hair... just once or twice a week.

sareca

Re: Does anyone still use "grease"?

I use Ojon. It's a palm nut oil that is solid at room temperature.