asked this already,but still need help:hair grease

FineChyna

ok i am sorry to ask this again, but i need some more guidence on this subject. ok i understand that hair grease w/ patrolium base are "bad" for the hair cause they don't let moisture in or out. ok fine. but if hair grease has "essential oils" infused in them do those oils get into your hair shaft?

for example i have this hair grease that i use and i do like it alot and its better than the old one i had in terms of ingrediants and it has lots of essential oils but i not sure if it even matters. i don't like grease like blue magic, but could it be all grease is technically the same although your hair might like one type better than the other?

ok this is what i have: kuza 100% indian hemp hair and scalp treatment.

ingrediants:perolalum, lanolin, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, soy protein, indian hemp herb oil, panthenol, propylparaben, fragrence.

in all honesty i LIKE this product alot and my hair does need hair grease, even though i do use the CD HHB. both work miracles on my hair but i am wondering of the infusion of essential oils with hair grease is just a marketing ploy or it actually makes a difference. if this was anwered already please post the link. thank you ladies

karezone

If it is workign for you, then use it. I would hate to tell you to stop using something that is helping your hair to grow then your hair breaks off or something. I would feel really guilty.

FineChyna

no but i wanted to know if essential oils could still get in your hair...i mean i don't think i would give up my grease but i still am curious

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Hair grease works for a lot of people. But I think putting eo's in them is a marketing ploy.
IMO, the petrolatum and the mineral oil just sit on top of the hair and scalp and keep all the "good stuff" out.

I've seen Kuza products, but I've never tried any of them. It's very popular at my local bss.

FineChyna

ok i see

kuza as far as i can see is only sold at CVS in my local mall. i never seen anything like it but for some reason the smell and product listing, (however pointless it is) caught my eye/. the old stuff i had was eboline cocnut oil with vitamin e, but i think my hair was "used" to it so i had to change up. so far so good. does the job so i'm happy

i was gonna try CD's "hair grease" (4got the name) but in all honesty i don't wanna start purchasing products i can't afford to keep having. i figured the HHB would be the only expensive staple i should have.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The packaging is what caught my eye, too!
I've only seen it at the Korean bss and a Zayre's/McCory's/Kressler's type of drug/dept store at the mall (I can't remember the name!).

Karonica

I think the hair is going to suck up what it likes regardless. Growth is the way to tell. Your hair lets you know when it likes something or not, trust me. My hair likes grease or something in grease, because it grows best when I use it, particularly castor oil graese. I went a period without using anything on my scalp, and my hair froze, so to speak. It did nothing. Now, it's growing like weeds again. I have to put something on my head, and I prefer grease and oils (not Hot 6 oil, or it'll itch like bananas).