Does anybody use ALL-NATURAL hair products all the time?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Because I really love natural beauty products and I want my haircare to go 95%-100% natural by the end of the year; do YOU go (almost) competely natural? Has it helped or hendered? If you're not a 100% natural (haircare) user, what processed products do you use?

I primarily want to find a good cleanser ( I say "cleanser" NOT shampoo on purpose), good leave-in, good DC and a good holding/gel-like stuff-thing (I clearly want a good styling aide, but IDK what they are called)

Thanks!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've been using All Natural/Handmade Products this Summer.:beach:

Some of the ones I've been using/loving in no particular order::love:

Hairveda
Afroveda
Bee Mine
My Honey Child
Christine Gant
Jasmines
Darcy's Botanicals
KomazaHairCare
Mozeke
Claudie
Njoi Creations
Curl Junkie
Oyin Handmade
Jessicurl
AG Fast Food

I plan to continue using these throughout the Fall/Winter:cold:

I'm Relaxed and I personally feel they have made a difference

Last edited:

Ms.London

I have and its done WONDERS for my hair...my hair is in the best condition it has ever been in my life...
I alternate between BeeMine and Darcy's Botanical...they fill my hair's every need but im still up for experimenting with other natural lines in the near future :))undercover PJ)...so always looking for some fab reviews!

curlycrocheter

I was just thinking about this today. The only problem with natural products for me is finding them locally. For now I use Aubrey Organics and Giovanni because I can get them from the store around the corner and they are reasonably priced.

I'm putting Darcy's on my list of products to try though.

Pompous Blue

I do.

Last year I ordered a lot of sample sizes from different handmade lines during the Black Friday Sales and found many products I love. I'm c-napp. Bc'd 4/2010. 3 - 4" TWA.

My fave lines are:
Hairveda - Sitrinillah DC, CoCasta Shikaki Oil, Almond Glaze, Acai-Berry Phyto Condish, Vatika Frosting, Whipped Green Tea Butter and Amala Cream Rinse

shescentit.com - Seyani, Gillian and Mango hair butters, Banana Brulee DC, Avocado condish, Olive and Orange condish, Coco creme leave-in, and Macadamia Fixing Gel.

Qhemet Biologics - Amla and Olive heavy cream and Burdock root butter cream

brownbutterbeauty.com (christinegant.etsy.com) - Mixed Greens hair pomade, Herbal Rich hair and scalp butter and Shea Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

Afroveda.com - PUR whipped hair jelly, Carrot Seed Shampoo Bar, Curl define, Shikaki hair growth Elixir, Cocolatte moisture mask, Coconut Moisture Milk

komazahaircare.com - The whole Califia line.

Beemineproducts.com – BEE U Ti Ful DC, Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and Bee Loved Hair and Scalp Moisturizer

These are the handmade products I have in rotation. I've tried Darcy's Botanicals and others.

I, also, use Ayurvedic products - Kalpi-tone, Henna and other powders and oils.

My hair is in the best condition EVER!

Last edited:

choctaw

I use both natural and processed products. I am not using any commerical natural product line at the moment. Inexpensive conditioners like VO5, Skala are great for oil rinses. I use glycerin based moisturizers like care free curl gold, smooth n shine curl activator, S Curl, Hawaiian silky 14-in-1 as a result of the jheri juice challenge. Other processed products that I use include Nexxus Humectress, Mane n Tail conditioner, Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship, ORS replenishing pak, Aphogee 2 minute, Jamaican mango & lime gel, Eco Styler gel, Roux Porosity. The majority of my purchases are non processed products e.g. aloe vera, black soap, oils, hibiscus, apple cider vinegar, honey. Some natural products that I use on a regular basis are:

cleanser:
raw African Black Soap
baking soda rinse
aloe vera juice

leave-in:
aloe vera juice/gel
rosewater glycerin
shealoe

dc:
mix of commercial moisture/protein conditioners plus ceramides, glycerin, honey
yogurt plus a combination of natural ingredients e.g. oils, banana baby food, blackstrap molasses, etc.

apple cider vinegar rinses at end of each hair wash

starfish79

I use the following brands:

Ole Henriksen - shampoo & conditioner
J/A/S/O/N - shampoo
Aubrey Organics - shampoo & conditioner
Kinky Curly - shampoo & conditioner, styling product
Alba Botanica - leave in

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Thank you all ladies! Do you find that they are pricey BUT worth it? like does a $14 bottle of something last? I think that's my biggest problem...I am (cough cough) poor and I don't mind spending money on a product if I know it is going to last.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thank you all ladies! Do you find that they are pricey BUT worth it? like does a $14 bottle of something last? I think that's my biggest problem...I am (cough cough) poor and I don't mind spending money on a product if I know it is going to last.

I think they're definitely worth the money.:grin:

And amazing they last a normal amount of time and don't require as much. :look:

Personally, I really don't feel the go any faster than any Salon Product.:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I use the following lines:
Hairveda :love:
Komaza
Darcy's Botanicals
Oyin Handmade
Qhemet Biologics
Shescentit
Jasmine's
Peace, Love, and Sunshine
KnapsGirl
Anita Grant
Mozeke
Claudie's
Shea Moisture
Kinky Curly
Curls

I am pulling out of the rotation--Nourish Spa,Giovanni, Shikai, Renpure Organics, Alba Botanica and Millcreek only because I want to support black owned businesses.

:yep: I'm a pj :lachen:

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

I rarely pay full price for any of the products I mentioned above. I keep an eye out for sales. And their sales are any where from 10% to 50%.

I also order with other family members to cut down on shipping charges.

Some companies have buy 1 get 1 free sales, buy 2 get 1 free sales. Shescentit.com just had a 30% off sale and in May had a 25% off sale.

janecartersolution.com had a 20% off sale and I stocked up on the Nourish and Shine 'cause I didn't want to pay full price for it.

These products can last.

The Black Friday sales are coming up, so start planning now. There is a thread on the Black Friday 2009 sales. I can't remember who started the thread (to help you search for it). But if ever the search function returns, search for it. It should give you an idea of what type of sales are offered.

Happy shopping and HHG.