Ladies, your fav. all/mostly NATURAL products??

Your favorite NATURAL PRODUCT line

• Aubrey Organics

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Aveda

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Burt's Bees

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Carol's Daughter

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Elucence MB

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • JASONS

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Qhemet Biologics

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • Other

Votes: 43 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunshyne_krissy

I am trying to find a solution to some of these harsh poo's, conditioners, and styling products. Since I am going all natural, I want to try all natural or mostly natural products cuz for some reason Nexxus and Pantene make my hair feel hard and dehydrated. I have had so much advice on natural products I dont know what to choose or where to begin. Please post your most favorite NATURAL hair care line. If you have more than one then choose the line that best suits you in the poll and post the other ones you use in the thread. Thanks for all your help ladies..If you can, post your regimen as well.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

JASON'S has a great deal of natural products that are very moisturizing. I like their Sea Kelp Shampoo/conditioners, their Biotin Poo/conditioners. I also like some products from GIovanni, particularly their Leave-in treatment. Nature's Gate also has some nice shampoos and conditioners.

rosalindb

I voted other as most of my products are by Anita Grant.

I have been using all natural products for a few months and my hair feels much softer and moisturised

For simplicty, I have posted my regime

Hot Oil Treatment 2x a month on dry hair
- Every 2nd week: Mixture of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil & Organic Honey. From July I will add Aubrey Organics HSR
- Every 4th week: As above but use Aubrey Organics GBP instead of Aubrey Organics HSR

Shampoo with JASON Sea Kelp shampoo (fortnightly)

Deep condition with Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish - 2nd week of the month & Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose 4th week of the month

Condition wash with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (everyday)

Moisturise with home made spritz (morning and night) - water, glycerine, aloe vera, Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Essential Oils

Seal in moisture with Anita Grant's Whipped Butter

Add Castor Oil to the ends

Clarify fortnightly with Organic Apple Cider Rinse with added essential oils

Last edited:

Deniece

Natural Beauty
I have a couple of ones I like...don't have a favorite yet...

no parabens - Blended Beauty, CURLS, Jessicurl

I like the shampoos, conditioner, deep conditioners & stytling products from these lines...

since I've found them..my hair has been on it's healthiest

another thing I had to realize....I don't need protein...when I was using it in everything my hair becmae dry...once I stopped it's moisturized...the only thing I use w/ protein is CURLS Curl Ecstatsy asian Hair Tea deep conditioner...it has soy protein very low on the ingredient list...

When I tried the all all natural lines...my hair would look good initially but results wouldn't last...product doesn't last as long for me going mostly natural on my prodcuts has given me more benefits...
HTH

sunshyne_krissy

rosalindb said:
I voted other as most of my products are by Anita Grant.

I have been using all natural products for a few months and my hair feels much softer and moisturised

For simplicty, I have posted my regime

Hot Oil Treatment 2x a month on dry hair
- Every 2nd week: Mixture of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil & Organic Honey. From July I will add Aubrey Organics HSR
- Every 4th week: As above but use Aubrey Organics GBP instead of Aubrey Organics HSR

Shampoo with JASON Sea Kelp shampoo (fortnightly)

Deep condition with Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish - 2nd week of the month & Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose 4th week of the month

Condition wash with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (everyday)

Moisturise with home made spritz (morning and night) - water, glycerine, aloe vera, Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Essential Oils

Seal in moisture with Anita Grant's Whipped Butter

Add Castor Oil to the ends

Clarify fortnightly with Organic Apple Cider Rinse with added essential oils

Thank you sooooo much for posting your regime rosalindb! Sounds great! I checked out Anita Grant's stuff..is it in any stores? I want to avoid having to purchase all my organic products online..

rosalindb

sunshyne_krissy said:
Thank you sooooo much for posting your regime rosalindb! Sounds great! I checked out Anita Grant's stuff..is it in any stores? I want to avoid having to purchase all my organic products online..
Her products are only available online but the service is good as the USA customers on Nappturality commented that they received their purchases normally within 7 days. I'm in the UK and I usually get my products within 3 days and I normally place an order every 4 months or so.

In addition, Anita posted on NP that she makes her products to order so the advantage is you know the products are fresh and have not been sitting around for shelves for months.

I checked out her website yesterday and she is now selling individual samples for 99p excluding the Rhassoul Condish which is £1.50. This will give you a chance to try out the products
Tasters link

Last edited:

MarieC

I love Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner. I've tried the Sea Kelp shampoo but it dried out my hair so I only use it once/month. I also love the Giovanni Direct leave in conditioner. I'm looking forward to trying AO GBP

carameldiva

Trader joe's has a great castile soap for 2 or 3 dollars/16 oz. It also has peppermint oil in it. They also have great conditioners. I also get Dr. Woods liquid black soap and castile soap - www.myvitanet.com and www.drwoodsproducts.com And another source for unscented castile soap is www.thechemistrystore.com .

All of these need no dilution and leave my natural hair- soft, silky and manageable.

PaperClip

I voted for/picked Aubrey Organics. I have the Mandarin jelly and the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. I like the results: soft, gentle hair. I also use Giovanni's Leave in conditioners (both the leave-in spray and the creamy leave-in).

I used Jason's Thin to Thick shampoo and conditioner. It was too harsh for my hair.

YellowButterfly

I recently bought Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo and my hair loves it so far. I will try the Conditioner next because I am a condition washer to my heart . The shampoo left my hair with an incredible shine and soft and sleek feel. I also have Kiss My Face Miss Treated Shampoo but I have not tried it yet. I like the ingredients and I bought it because I found myself using the Olive Oil bar soap on my hair.
I am trying to get my products as natural as possible with a few exceptions because I found myself having massive headaches after using Cream of Nature Shampoo. I stopped using it for a while ( because I was stretching my relaxer and only conditioning washing with MaNe And Tail) and when I used it again the same nausea and vomiting along with extreme headaches started back. I never tied it to the shampoo until after a long while of only condition washing my hair I applied the shampoo because I had applied alot of products and I became very sick again (I had attributed it only to my sinuses) so maybe I had an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients. After reading up on some of the toxicity of some of the chemicals I decided to leave it alone. No headache with the Jason's .
I also love the Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner.

natstar

Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil
Elucence MB
Oyin -whipped shea butter &
Qhemet hair balm and heavy cream.

Candy_C

pure avocado oil added to any conditioner. made my airdried hair so fluffy, soft and strong....and VERY moisturized

Attachments

• avocado.jpg
    avocado.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 41

mscounselor

I would have to vote other for Avalon Organics. I just started using it and only bought it because it was the most affordable of the lines at Whole Foods.
I say AO and Jasons, but for the size of the bottle and my economic situation I took the Avalon. It was also on sale for $5.99 for both. :)
I bought the scalp revitalizer and it felt good on my last wash.

When I get employed Ill try those brands you have to order by mail.

sunshyne_krissy

Thanks everyone for posting! You know what, it seems like JASONS poo is to harsh for most. Is there any ONE line of natural products that you'VE tried and loved? If qhemet biologics had poo and conditioner then I would be totally sold to it! I may get a gft card to sephora for my bday so I can try carol's daughter.

miracle

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil Blend

cocopuff

I votes "other". Blended Beauty/Blended Cutie is my favorite natural hair line. Although, I do also like Qhemet Biologics and MyHoneyChild

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I voted qhemet because I like everything I've used of hers. I like Elucence also and I have a Burt's Bee's shampoo that I'm really liking. Oyin's products are good also.

Thanks rosalindb.....I didn't know Anita had samples! Now I know I'm goin' off!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
sunshyne_krissy said:
Thanks everyone for posting! You know what, it seems like JASONS poo is to harsh for most. Is there any ONE line of natural products that you'VE tried and loved? If qhemet biologics had poo and conditioner then I would be totally sold to it! I may get a gft card to sephora for my bday so I can try carol's daughter.
Qhemet has a shampoo bar but I haven't tried it. I'm tempted but I haven't had success w/ shampoo bars. Also, Oyin handmade has a honey wash that gets good reviews. It can be used head to toe.

Victorian

old head
I'm casting my vote for Druide. I also love Jason--especially Sea Kelp and Biotin. Jason is cheaper and widely available (and has lots of varieties to try if you're a PJ :lol:), but I really think Druide is better. If finding a good shampoo is high on your list of needs I would strongly recommend you try the Druide Vitality shampoo, which is what I'm using now. It's wonderful :up:

rosalindb

Pokahontas said:
I voted qhemet because I like everything I've used of hers. I like Elucence also and I have a Burt's Bee's shampoo that I'm really liking. Oyin's products are good also.

Thanks rosalindb.....I didn't know Anita had samples! Now I know I'm goin' off!
You're welcome :) She just started selling samples a couple of days ago.

I am going to re-order my staples next month and will also order samples of the Creamy Cafe latte with Vanilla and the Virgin Mango Butter Coconut Whip to try.

Pokahontas said:
Qhemet has a shampoo bar but I haven't tried it. I'm tempted but I haven't had success w/ shampoo bars. Also, Oyin handmade has a honey wash that gets good reviews. It can be used head to toe.
Just curious to know what you did not like about the shampoo bars you have tried as alot of people are raving about them . I have not used any shampoo bars yet but am going to try the Anita Grant shampoo bar next month.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

saqqara

BlackCardinal said:
I'm casting my vote for Druide. I also love Jason--especially Sea Kelp and Biotin. Jason is cheaper and widely available (and has lots of varieties to try if you're a PJ :lol:), but I really think Druide is better. If finding a good shampoo is high on your list of needs I would strongly recommend you try the Druide Vitality shampoo, which is what I'm using now. It's wonderful :up:

I voted Qhemet but I'm curious about Druide. I have been eyeing those products for the longest but never heard any reviews from naturals about them. What does the shampoo do for you?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
rosalindb said:
Just curious to know what you did not like about the shampoo bars you have tried as alot of people are raving about them . I have not used any shampoo bars yet but am going to try the Anita Grant shampoo bar next month.

Thanks in advance

The ones I've used so far have left my hair very stripped feeling. I'm just not used to that feeling. I've never had a shampoo leave my hair feeling like that. I don't know, maybe that's the way it's supposed to feel when using bar soap but I just didn't like it. I've used the Ultimate Butter shampoo bar from Mia Symone http://www.miasb.com/skincare3a.htm and black soap from Nasabb. I might give Anita's bar a try though. I was also thinking of trying the Grand Poo bar from Oyin or Soap of Alep from Qhemet.

Victorian

old head
saqqara said:
I voted Qhemet but I'm curious about Druide. I have been eyeing those products for the longest but never heard any reviews from naturals about them. What does the shampoo do for you?

It cleans well and is very moisturizing :yep: Vitality is the only one I've tried so far, but they have other formulas as well.

angellazette

I voted Qhemet but I've also use Elucence and JASON.

I really like the JASON Sea Kelp conditioner, and the Elucence MB poo and conditioner are just heavenly. So far, the Elucence conditioner is the only thing that can handle my thick hair! I haven't tried the Sea Kelp for deep conditioning, but I will give it a try on my next treatment. I've only used Qhemet's leave in, cream, and the honey product (can't remember the name) but they left my hair very soft and shiny but I'm holding off on styling aides for the moment.

My regimen is simple...monthly or when there's buildup (whichever comes first), I'll do a poo and deep condition. Otherwise it's CW and daily spritzes of water, conditioner, oil, and maybe glycerin.

rosalindb

Pokahontas said:
The ones I've used so far have left my hair very stripped feeling. I'm just not used to that feeling. I've never had a shampoo leave my hair feeling like that. I don't know, maybe that's the way it's supposed to feel when using bar soap but I just didn't like it. I've used the Ultimate Butter shampoo bar from Mia Symone http://www.miasb.com/skincare3a.htm and black soap from Nasabb. I might give Anita's bar a try though. I was also thinking of trying the Grand Poo bar from Oyin or Soap of Alep from Qhemet.
Thanks for responding. That is interesting as I heard that when some people used a poo bar, it was so gentle that they did not need to use conditioner. I am curious to try one to see how it leaves my hair feeling.

sunshyne_krissy

Ya'll I have fallen in love with Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream. I tried it for the first time last night and actually loved it so much I applied it twice! I love the way it feels on my scalp and hands... it maid by new growth soooooooo soft!! I still can't believe this. This is the first and only product that has ever made my hair feel like this. Now I am even more estatic about growing out this aweful relaxer. LOL For those of ya'll who have not tried Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, order some RIGHT NOW. You will not regret it. I think this is what I want for my birthday and nothing else. Try it and I garantee that what everyone is saying about that cream is true. It really does make your crunchness soft as all ghetout!...lol

NewYorkgyrl

sunshyne_krissy said:
Ya'll I have fallen in love with Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream. I tried it for the first time last night and actually loved it so much I applied it twice! I love the way it feels on my scalp and hands... it maid by new growth soooooooo soft!! I still can't believe this. This is the first and only product that has ever made my hair feel like this. Now I am even more estatic about growing out this aweful relaxer. LOL For those of ya'll who have not tried Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, order some RIGHT NOW. You will not regret it. I think this is what I want for my birthday and nothing else. Try it and I garantee that what everyone is saying about that cream is true. It really does make your crunchness soft as all ghetout!...lol

I ordered the sample package a couple days ago. I can't wait till it comes in but I think the web site said there is a backorder. I hope these products can help make my transition much easier.