Do you use the relaxer method to apply conditioner?

I tried it but it takes way to long. When my roots are really thick or I am trying to handle my ends carefully, I will part with my fingers and use an applicator bottle filled with conditioner and gently massage into my roots.

RossBoss

Heck No. I apply my conditioner the same way I do my shampoo. I grab some and slather it through my hair. If you don't have to use the relaxer method to apply the shampoo then why would you need to use the relaxer method to apply the conditioner?

Evolving78

Heck No. I apply my conditioner the same way I do my shampoo. I grab some and slather it through my hair. If you don't have to use the relaxer method to apply the shampoo then why would you need to use the relaxer method to apply the conditioner?

to a degree, i have to in sections, but i apply shampoo to my scalp and allow the lather/suds to run down the hair. i apply front, crown, middle, sides and back, or i have my hair clipped off in sections. a lot of folks here wash their hair in sections to avoid tangles/knots.

Plus conditioner isn't as giving to the hair as shampoo is, it is thicker, not runny, and it doesn't lather. people want to make sure every strand is coated.

poookie

nope! the glop method (where you just glop some on) works perfectly for me :)

Even back when I was relaxed, The glop method worked just fine.

long as the product gets saturated through to all the strands, is there a difference between the two methods?

PearlyCurly

to a degree, i have to in sections, but i apply shampoo to my scalp and allow the lather/suds to run down the hair. i apply front, crown, middle, sides and back, or i have my hair clipped off in sections. a lot of folks here wash their hair in sections to avoid tangles/knots.

Plus conditioner isn't as giving to the hair as shampoo is, it is thicker, not runny, and it doesn't lather. people want to make sure every strand is coated.

I do have to apply conditioner in sections. and i kinda have always with shampoo. I use to just divide my hair in half but now before shampooing i do 8 big braids and just shampoo the scalp. My hair is too much for me now to just slather on the shampoo and keep it moving, also the same with conditioner.

andromeda

One of my first purchases on my hhj was an applicator brush. This is my default methof of applying dc and I also squish to make sure my strands are fully saturated.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I have to pretty much do this all the time, though I don't think I take as small of sections and I use my denman after applying to each section.

AutumnDreams

I find it just as efficient to put in conditioner and use my Tangle Teezer to get it distributed from tip to root.

This! I was using up too much product and getting the same result as if i was just applying it normally, so now i use my tangle teazer to work it through, with really good results.

Angelicus

...something like that.

I wash and condition my hair in six sections. I apply the conditioner in each section, paying attention to the new growth and making sure my hair stays smooth.

If I don't wash and condition my hair in sections, my hair will look like a bird's nest.

Nonie

Seriously... How do you folks have time to do all of this...
It does not take long at all. This is the only way I apply conditioner. It makes me not waste it so that I use under 2 oz to coat my hair fully and ensures no strand is left uncovered. My wash sessions involve a shampoo, conditioning, and ACV dunk and take less than 10 minutes. When I DC I may shampoo twice but still only take a little under 29 minute (I timed it the other day).

BTW, this is the method I used to apply S Curl when I wear my hair out and protectant/serum when I straighten my hair and it's been smooth sailing for me. I realized as far back as my teens that there was no way you could evenly apply anything to hair without parting and working on narrow sections at a time. I was surprised to find out many people don't do this. I even stated in another thread that it might be why people may follow the same steps before flat ironing as someone else but get reversion while the other person doesn't. There is no way I could ensure proper coverage of all strands just slapping on a glop of product on a huge mass of hair. Meticulous is my middle name.

Last edited:

TheVioletVee

That is how I apply my deep conditioner and protein treatments. I like to make sure I get everything coated. I used to just slap some on my hair without going section by section and it would never get to my crown.

EnExitStageLeft

Ummmm....KINDA :perplexed. I apply it to 3 or 4 sections per quadrant and I always section in 4 quadrants. I hope this makes sense :lol:.

DominicanBrazilian82

Only when I'm really far into my stretch. Starting at like 14-15 weeks, I start applying my conditioner relaxer style religiously. I stretched for twenty weeks last stretch without issue. I'm week 4 into another twenty week stretch.

Angel of the North

I have to apply my DC's like this otherwise there are sections that just get missed, especially when I have NG. Doing it this way does mean using up more product but I'd rather that than for parts of my hair not to get DC'd, I also detangle after I've applied my DC so it helps if I have it spreaded evenly.

lovebug10

If I'm lazy I just apply it in for sections. But usually i apply it to my new growth in one spot then part it with my hands and glop some more onto my new growth. And do this to all for sections until its all coated. And then I saturate the rest of the length and ends. My hair is very very thick and I do notice a difference. If I don't do this then the roots around the perimeter are soft but inside my crown and other areas are still crunchy feeling

bride91501

I use to just apply the DC to each twisted or braided section (about 7 in total), but now that my hair is longer & thicker, I *must* use the relaxer method. If not, I'd miss my roots, and most of my very thick crown area.