Do you use the relaxer method to apply conditioner?

Evolving78

i was reading a thread and someone mentioned this method. i noticed that the fuller my hair gets, this is what i have to do now. i can't just rub/massage some conditioner in my hair and KIM. i have to part and section my hair to apply the product, paying special attention to my crown and the middle section of my head.

Has anyone else noticed that they have to apply conditioner/products to their hair like this?

Rae81

I apply my conditioner like that when I have a lot of new growth.

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Triniwegian

I have read about that too and I tried. One time.
I am too lazy and it's too time consuming for me so I just pile it on and rub it in.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I find it just as efficient to put in conditioner and use my Tangle Teezer to get it distributed from tip to root.

brucebettye

I have to because my hair is so thick. I apply everything to my hair like a relaxer in sections, if I don't I will have some dry spots in my hair.

Nasdaq_Diva

I don't do it everytime, but I do like applying it that way. I usually apply to dry hair and I leave it on overnight.

geejay

Yes. It's a must. This is the only way I can continue to deal with months of new growth and manage two textures.

TLC1020

Yeah... well I apply conditioner section by section as if i am greasing my scalp.. Then put on plastic cap & sit under the hair dryer...My hair love it..

choctaw

Yes ... except for my ayurvedic tea and acv leave-ins. These are final rinses at end of wash that are poured slowly through hair. I usually oil my scalp and seal ends after styling. My favorite is acv diluted in hibiscus fenugreek tea :lick:

amwcah

Girl, please! I just pile that con on and get under the steamer. I only have to do all that when I have a lot of new growth.

baddison

natural for good
Yes, I do. Its a bit more time consuming, but its worth it knowing that you are getting your DC product everywhere. And its especially effective for me when I'm on those long 4month stretches.:yep:

Vonnieluvs08

I do this about 75% of the time. It helps me use product more efficiently. This also keeps me from getting water in my products which can lead to mold. I spread it with my hands after applying then use my TT (before that my denman) to get adequate distribution.

I have to apply henna/cassia like this. Anything else is too messy. This also allows me to get it to all my hair. I like every strand to be coated.

QueenFee

I just tried this yesterday and I loved the result, I'm transing from heat damaged to natural and its so hard to even get shampoo to my roots so u can imagine what I went through trying to dc...this helped a lot. I will continue to do this method.

ilah

Never heard of this method of applying conditioner...wouldn't hurt to try at least once to see if it will make any difference.

Currntly what I do is just sopp my hair with conditioner (suave humectress) starting in the back and working my way to my front. I use more a squishing/pressing motions to distribute. (seems to work).

I only section when doing a deep con (ors hair mayonaise).

MrsSmitty77

As I get further past my relaxer date I use this method. If I don't my new growth does not get as much as it needs.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i did it once. it didn't even really take that long but i'm too lazy to change.

lovelexi

Only when I have a lot of new growth. My hair is fine so it doesn't take that much effort to coat my hair.

Mdmommy99

Only when I plan to flat iron or use some other form of heat styling to make sure it's thoroughly moisturized. Otherwise I comb it through.

Evolving78

i noticed that 99% of the posts stated this method is used when stretching for long periods of time. doesn't seem like a lot of naturals use this method.

HappilyLiberal

I start doing this at six weeks post and continue until I relax again (though I am taking another crack at transitioning).

Lady Esquire

I especially use this technique a few weeks before a relaxer to make sure the hair is really conditioned and to practice my "relaxer application" skill.

I used to use this technique often when my hair was longer and will probably return to it when it grows back.