Votes: 18 16.5%
  • No! "Where they do that at?":crazy:

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ilah

I have brown gel and only use it in emergencies when I don't have time to correct my hair issues. - I also make sure I wash my hair after using it.

Tangie

Nope. I haven't used it in years. My sister just bought herself a jar the other day. She says it the only gel that lays her hair down the way she likes.

SelfStyled

I am a fan of gel's period. I do still use brown gel. For the first few weeks post relaxer I use KCCC- but once I get 6 weeks, I switch over to brown gel. I will continue to use it unless, I find something better. I am not sure why gel get's a bad rap. IMO as long as your not combing through the gel, re-applying, combing through, etc,etc- it's all good.

stelladata

I use the eco styler brown gel but mostly for pony tails and I agree it tends to be hard. When I was natural I used it too! I would take a dap mix it with a bit of water in my palm and rub it through my hair. This is pretty much one of those gels I'll never give up, just as long as the ingredients aren't harsh I'm good.

I use Fantasia IC brown gel. Gives me great hold and doesn't dry all crunchy. Clear gel flakes in my hair. Gels like Jam and Elasta QP Glaze just melts and ends up a glop of grease sitting in my hair. Yuck.

What I did discover, just yesterday from a youtube video, was Murphy's Superior Hair Pomade. I would have been skeptical had I not seen the video. I think the video is called Natural Hair: Hicks vs Murphey's Superior.

Anyway...I put that pomade in my hair and my hair slicked right down, no scarf needed, didn't have to wait for it to mold/dry, and it lasted all day...definitely a new staple for me.

Even with my new discovery, I'LL NEVER GIVE UP MY BROWN GEL! Doesn't cause breakage; what causes breakage is people raking through it once it's dry. Gel is used to mold. I use gel when my style will be the same for a while, i.e. when I wear ponytails.

Sapphire_chic

I like clear ecostyler gel alot. I have tried lets jam and fantasia IC with sparkle lites and I didn't like either. I'm not sure how good it is for my hair and scalp but since i wash it regularly I don't worry much (I kinda want to try brown gel)

lilanie

Yes, I have it, but rarely use it. I have mastered either slicking down edges or living with small flyaway hairs.