Suave Gel is the BOMB!

ms_kenesha

I have always been leery of gel because I am used to "black girl gel" you know the kind...brown pre-con gel that people use and it looks as hard as a rock.

But I picked up the Suave Gel which is a knock off of the Matriz Biolage Gelle (sp?) and I had been using it for when I smooth down the front of my hair for the headband mini-puff look.

Well, reading Hair Rules, Dickey recommends gel for curly hair, so today while my hair is very damp I added some avocado butter (because I'm still a little leery about gel) and then the Suave Gel. Now my hair was pretty wet so I had to mush my hair in a towel or go outside with really wet hair, but I have "curl *or coil* definition"
even with the smooshing. Although I think I could've gotten more consistent results if I had a diffuser (which is on my TO BUY LIST)

I am going to try this with a serum, I think I have some serum some well if not this is the perfect time to try the NTM serum and the gel & with less wet hair to start with...wish me luck

aregee

i'm trying to wean my daughter off of that nasty black gel. she ain't having it. she doesn't think the clear gel has enough hold.

kitchen_tician

Ms.Kenesha,

I haven't heard the term "pre-con gel" in years!!!
That was the main staple that was included in everyone's supply, back in the day!