Fantasia IC Gel and Dryness

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love me some Fantasia IC Gel, but as my TWA grows bigger, I've found that the gel doesn't work as well. I'm thinking that it may be too thick ::shrugs::. When I first BCed, I used the gel a few times and liked it. Well, for the past couple of weeks, I've been using Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly (which isn't really thick), with great results (soft, defined...see siggy). Well, yesterday and today I used the Fantasia Gel (blue) in my hair and it came out just "ok." It gave some definition, but it kinda made it a "matted definition." I don't know if that makes sense or not, lol. After drying, my hair did feel kinda dry. I really want to keep using the Fantasia because it was a staple with my transitioning buns, it's cheap, good ingredients, and it worked initially.

I've been deep conditioning, pre-pooing, etc., so I don't think that my hair's moisture level is that much of a problem.

Anyhoo, has anyone ever had any problems with the Fantasia Gel after liking it initially?

SignatureBeauty

I have had the same experience, When I first BC I could use my Fantasia IC With Sparkl lites and my wash n go would be so curly and pretty, But now when I try it, it just looks a mess, I guess because our hair is growing and that is a good thing LOL!!! I am noticing that my hair withthis second BC has been so difficult because Products I could use for my First BC I can't seem to use anymore, I use to love QB Heavy Cream and Hate S- Curl because of Glycerin, Now my hair loves Glycerin but don't respond to Heavy Cream, So I am gonna use my Heavy Cream up and I have just mixed it with the S-Curl but won't buy anymore.

I ordered me some ashas so I will see how that works. But I feel you on that.

healthyhairin07

I've had success with Fantasis IC Gel, but I've only used it with my hair the way it is now - not with a TWA.

Are you using it on wet hair? I know that makes a difference.

BTW, I love your curls.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
healthyhairin07 said:
I've had success with Fantasis IC Gel, but I've only used it with my hair the way it is now - not with a TWA.

Are you using it on wet hair? I know that makes a difference.

BTW, I love your curls.

Thanks!

Yep, I apply all of my styling products to soaking wet hair. The only time I apply a product to dry hair is at night before bed when I'm moisturizing my hair and oiling my scalp with BT.

luv04

that sounds like what happened to me..when i bc it was my staple but the more and more it grew out..the less and less i liked using ic fantasia gel..i mean its a backup but not a first choice..cute curls tsuprincess04