Do you celebrate Easter and/or Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 46 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexstin

Yes i may come off condescending. However It doesnt take away from the conversation. Nice of you to edit your post by the way.

Schooling ? I love being schooled, it means im still capable of learning. So thats not a bad thing in principle or practice. I never said that anyone lacked knowledge. I challenged a fellow sister to wisdom and seeking it.

But for the sake of the congregation, I digress.

Well, I do think you were condescending but so as not to be inflammatory I edited. I definitely am not ashamed that I typed that you have a condescending attitude.

So you really think that someone wants to converse with someone that's being condescending?:perplexed

The point is, we all have a lot of knowledge to share but you seem more interested in telling others why they are wrong rather then having others understand why you do what you do. To each his own.

Last edited:

Mocha5

Yes i may come off condescending. However It doesnt take away from the conversation. Nice of you to edit your post by the way.

Schooling ? I love being schooled, it means im still capable of learning. So thats not a bad thing in principle or practice. I never said that anyone lacked knowledge. I challenged a fellow sister to wisdom and seeking it.

But for the sake of the congregation, I digress.

Oh, you DO come off condescending. No if's ands or buts about it. And it DOES take away from the conversation because it's obvious that you are unable to speak to people in love or accept it based on your posts. The manner in which you deliver your messages wouldn't be well received by anyone, regardless of her reading comprehension level.

divya

My reading comprehension is 99%. not 80. And I find malice in your heart by way of your keystroke and I will leave you at it. Surely and truly you meant this in a negative way.

But depending on region, culture, and your own interpreted religious beliefs. Sabbath is Saturday if I go by the calender we use today in america.And also the calender used in aramaic which the bible is based on.

As has already been mentioned, I simply used the words you directed at someone else. I asked you what your "80% reading comprehension" told you, since that what you claimed was necessary in order to understand certain Biblical truths.

That you find malice in my heart and are sure that my post is meant in a negative, that is nothing short of a judgmental attitude. What else do you know about me? LOL. Actually, I thought nothing much of it. I only asked just what you direct to another poster, so maybe you should ask yourself where your comment came from.

It seems like you assumed what people should know from their Biblical studying. My response to that is that Lord convicts people at different times. Just because He has impressed upon your heart that you should not observe Easter or Christmas, does not means everyone else should know.

I follow the Seventh-day Sabbath as that is exactly what God's Word tells us to do. But do I feel like everybody who has "80% reading comprehension" should know right at this point should have already been convicted at this point and should be doing the same? Absolutely not. God reveals truths to us in time, when He knows we are ready. Whenever the time comes, it is then up to us to believe and live by what we learn is right.

Last edited:

tffy2004

That's wonderful to hear. I also observe the 7th day Sabbath. Is that something you and your husband chose to do on your own, without any other influences?

Decided to go ahead and answer it here.

I will be honest with you, there was outside influence. There was a thread started not too long ago with a link to youtube. The video was of Paul Washer, speaking to youth and it made us re-examine whether or not we, at the ages of 22 and 24, were truly Christians. Here is the link, there are 6 parts that total about an hour long message, but is is soooooo worth watching. Stirring Message from Paul Washer

After we watched this message we re-dedicated our lives to God and the mission of leading people to Christ. We started reading the bible, but this time, no matter how long it takes we will read the entire Bible beginning to end, even if it takes til the Savior comes back.

We printed out the 10 Commandments framed them and hung them on the wall as a daily reminder that God is with us and we have a purpose. In framing the Commandments we went through each and found as much as we could in the Bible about each one. With us both being full time college students and him working outside the home, the Sabbath is truly a day of rest for us and time to really BE a family and talk and love on one another without rushing to do something else, or watching the clock the whole day trying to get things done.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Im not concerned nor did I ever imply or elude to the premise of anyone being against me. Spare me the theatrics.

You are indeed wrong, perhaps you should go back and take some time and cogitation on my post that referenced if people had at least 80% reading comprehension alot of these issues when dealing with the bible wouldnt arise. I read hers yours and my post correctly. And responded accordingly.
Oh, I understood you perfectly. :yep: Yet as an adult and as a Christian, I choose to look beyond that. My reading comprehension has comprehensive skills which are fully utilized beyond black and white text.

And there's one thing that our comprehension and cannot ignore. You are a 'hurting' individual. And you cannot hide behind your pretense of knowledge nor is there any escape from this truth.

The hurt in your heart is exposing itsself more and more in how you communicate. In order to hide from your feelings, you use knowledge as a wall and a cover-up to what's going on inside of you. It's also your weapon of defense, but you are 'attacking' the wrong persons. We are not your enemy here...:nono:

Your words reveal a shell, a hardness of heart and to fight back for who/whatever has hurt you or what you are hiding from you 'attack' others with what you feel makes you superiour to others. Every seed produces after its own kind, therefore 'Hurt renders hurt" and you are acting this out.

No matter how you reply, your words will deny what I've shared here. But your words will do something else, show more hardness of heart and defense. For like a battery leak, and a slowly evolving earthquake, the abundance of your heart will always 'spill' out what's in it.

I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't belong there. It directly conflicts with the Holy Spirit and it is being pushed out into the open to be exposed, for someone who cares to pray for you. And Kittenxx, someone cares. They care deeply. Someone to whom 80 to 1,000,000% doesn't matter regarding intellectual comprehension. Someone...'Jesus"

Jesus isn't concerned about our intelligence, more so He is concerned about our hearts, and hurts, and our precious souls which He died for.

He doesn't care which day of the week, we celebrate or not celebrate and why we choose or not choose. He cares about our hearts and souls and embracing all that there is about us. He cares about who hurt you and how it has overcome you to the point of inner conflict, which spills over into how you relate to others.

Again, no one here is against you. Your demeanor has a sting to it, yes. But allow love to pull the 'stinger' out and let you be healed. Save the 'stinging' remarks for satan who is our real enemy.

You are loved, dear one. You are loved with an everlasting love. And whoever hurt you has also hurt themselves. God has taken full care of it, just for you. :giveheart:

Last edited:

StrawberryQueen

Oh, you DO come off condescending. No if's ands or buts about it. And it DOES take away from the conversation because it's obvious that you are unable to speak to people in love or accept it based on your posts. The manner in which you deliver your messages wouldn't be well received by anyone, regardless of her reading comprehension level.
You know what? Let's be honest here, most of the people in this forum come off as condescending. Don't jump all over her-she's just responding to others in the manner they are responding to her. People are making wild accusations, telling each other they're wrong-what is going on?

This is so ridiculous that people are acting like this. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
You know what? Let's be honest here, most of the people in this forum come off as condescending. Don't jump all over her-she's just responding to others in the manner they are responding to her. People are making wild accusations, telling each other they're wrong-

what is going on?

You came in late...:rolleyes:

divya

Decided to go ahead and answer it here.

I will be honest with you, there was outside influence. There was a thread started not too long ago with a link to youtube. The video was of Paul Washer, speaking to youth and it made us re-examine whether or not we, at the ages of 22 and 24, were truly Christians. Here is the link, there are 6 parts that total about an hour long message, but is is soooooo worth watching. Stirring Message from Paul Washer

After we watched this message we re-dedicated our lives to God and the mission of leading people to Christ. We started reading the bible, but this time, no matter how long it takes we will read the entire Bible beginning to end, even if it takes til the Savior comes back.

We printed out the 10 Commandments framed them and hung them on the wall as a daily reminder that God is with us and we have a purpose. In framing the Commandments we went through each and found as much as we could in the Bible about each one. With us both being full time college students and him working outside the home, the Sabbath is truly a day of rest for us and time to really BE a family and talk and love on one another without rushing to do something else, or watching the clock the whole day trying to get things done.

Wonderful! What a testimony of true dedication to God. Thank you for sharing.

divya

You know what? Let's be honest here, most of the people in this forum come off as condescending. Don't jump all over her-she's just responding to others in the manner they are responding to her. People are making wild accusations, telling each other they're wrong-what is going on?

I feel like most of the people in this thread responded fine, just a few seemed to be a bit condescending.

Nice & Wavy

For the sake of the saints.....forget it!

Last edited:

KatKronicles

Oh, I understood you perfectly. :yep: Yet as an adult and as a Christian, I choose to look beyond that. My reading comprehension has comprehensive skills which are fully utilized beyond black and white text.

And there's one thing that our comprehension and cannot ignore. You are a 'hurting' individual. And you cannot hide behind your pretense of knowledge nor is there any escape from this truth.

The hurt in your heart is exposing itsself more and more in how you communicate. In order to hide from your feelings, you use knowledge as a wall and a cover-up to what's going on inside of you. It's also your weapon of defense, but you are 'attacking' the wrong persons. We are not your enemy here...:nono:

Your words reveal a shell, a hardness of heart and to fight back for who/whatever has hurt you or what you are hiding from you 'attack' others with what you feel makes you superiour to others. Every seed produces after its own kind, therefore 'Hurt renders hurt" and you are acting this out.

No matter how you reply, your words will deny what I've shared here. But your words will do something else, show more hardness of heart and defense. For like a battery leak, and a slowly evolving earthquake, the abundance of your heart will always 'spill' out what's in it.

I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't belong there. It directly conflicts with the Holy Spirit and it is being pushed out into the open to be exposed, for someone who cares to pray for you. And Kittenxx, someone cares. They care deeply. Someone to whom 80 to 1,000,000% doesn't matter regarding intellectual comprehension. Someone...'Jesus"

Jesus isn't concerned about our intelligence, more so He is concerned about our hearts, and hurts, and our precious souls which He died for.

He doesn't care which day of the week, we celebrate or not celebrate and why we choose or not choose. He cares about our hearts and souls and embracing all that there is about us. He cares about who hurt you and how it has overcome you to the point of inner conflict, which spills over into how you relate to others.

Again, no one here is against you. Your demeanor has a sting to it, yes. But allow love to pull the 'stinger' out and let you be healed. Save the 'stinging' remarks for satan who is our real enemy.

You are loved, dear one. You are loved with an everlasting love. And whoever hurt you has also hurt themselves. God has taken full care of it, just for you. :giveheart:
This made me laugh out loud litteraly. Thanks.

Shimmie

Staff member
StrawberryQueen and Kittenxx, you're our sisters and we love you. :kiss:
Disagreements and personalities can never change that. :nono:

Put it all to rest...:rosebud:

melodee

Too extreme....

As Christians we are acknowledging and giving honor to the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and nothing other. What's bolded above has no inkling nor thought given in such behaviours. It may be what those of a perverted nature practice, but not those of God.

When you study the the Bible, the death and resurrection of Jesus is the exact fulfillment of the Jewish Passover. The pure Lamb of sacrifice was slain; its Blood was the atonement for all sins, presented and accepted at the Altar, sprinkled upon the Mercy Seat of God.

Jesus rose again, proving God's promise that we too rise with Him forgiven of all of our transgressions.

And this we celebrate, not the paganism and perversions of darkness.

Christmas is acknowledging that Jesus Christ indeed was born. We celebrate His birth and his life, the Gift which God has so freely given to us, with a love beyond any measure we could ever conceive or understand, or even be worthy of. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son..."

The Son of God, who left His throne of magesty and greatness, and allowed Himself to be dressed in 'Flesh' and dwell among us and endure the heartache and pains of life that He did not deserve.

He allowed Himself to be spit upon. He allowed Himself to be ridicued, falsely accused, beaten beyond recognition, had His beard pulled out with His skin still attached, whipped with leather embedded with glass, which cut His entire flesh from His bones; the stripes upon His back were two score, minus one...39 stripes, the blood and flesh embedded marks, upon His back.

Hammered into His hands and feet were nails as wide as three of His fingers and heavier than a half pound...hung naked upon a tree shaped as a cross, given bitter vinegar when he weakly uttered, "I thirst". They stabbed Him in his side with a sword and mocked Him as He hung.

There He hung, knowing that at any time He had at His disposal, 10,000 angels to come to His rescue. Yet, he endured the pain for He saw more of us, yet to gain and the fulfillment of our redemption was still yet to be paid...in full. (A true test of His loyalty and love for us).

He died and literally decended into hell for us, so that we would not have to. He went through every path, pebble, rock and grit, of hell and its torture, just so we would not have to endure such torture for an eternity, where there would be no escape, once entered.

With His death, the chastisement of our peace, He took upon Himself. He paid the price for us to have everlasting joy...His peace, for He is our peace. He paid in full, the price for our healing, for by His stripes, we were healed. No sickness or disease has license to rule in our bodies. Jesus paid the price.

And now, He sits upon His throne on the right hand side of God, still on our behalf, interceding for us, our advocate with God the Father, who has given us free access to Heaven, by speaking His Holy name...

His name is JESUS! The Son of the Living God! Our Saviour forever! Amen.

Now this gives me a reason to celebrate! Anything in this life that we treasure and honor, we celebrate.

If we can celebrate having long hair growth, we can surely celebrate Jesus, His Birth, His Life, His Death and Resurrection. After all, it is He who has enabled our hair to grow. If we can cheer a legal battle won, a good health report, a new home, a new job, a new car, praise a good cook and a good recipe, a good movie, a good TV show, a good sermon, a wedding, an engagement, an anniversary, what not a day or two out of the year for Jesus. How else do we proclaim to the world just how important He is to us and what it means to be a Christian.

Taking one day out of the year, no matter what day it is, is an honor and a priviledge to show to the world we do have a Savior whom we deem worth of celebrating. That's what life is, a celebration...a gift to be cherished. And to celebrate the one who gave us life is something God deserves.

We're not being pagans nor participating in pagan practices. Pagans do not celebrate Jesus...We do, however.

Two for the record....

I am not speaking against those who chose not to celebrate either holiday. I honestly respect ones choice and decision. :giveheart: I know that you do not love God any less. You're still wonderful in His heart and mine. Here's the love I feel for you :grouphug: You're special.

However, this is for those who do celebrate and they should not feel guilty for such.

We know Jesus wasn't born in the winter, and it doesn't take rocket science nor ridicule to be aware of this. We also know that Jesus did not die on a Friday and neither did He rise on Sunday.

Reading the Bible makes it plain. It was the first day of the week (after the Sabbath) when Mary went to the grave and saw Him. It was Saturday, at the end of the Sabbath when He truly arose, this fulfills prophesy. He was crucified at the onset of Passover (The day of Nissan, the onset of Passover, which was a Wednesday, in accordance to the Jewish calendar).

From Wednesday evening (onset of Passover Sabbath) to Saturday evening, (end of the Sabbath) you get 72 hours...3 days/3 nights. As Jesus said, "as Jonah was in the belly of the "Whale", 3 days/3 nights, so shall the son of man be in the ground."

The error that men made by saying Jesus died on a Friday, is the mis-interpretation of Sabbath. They took it to mean the weekly Friday Sabbath and not that of the Passover Sabbath.

Bottomline...we're celebrating Jesus and His total meaning of Holiness...not man's errors. We've telling God we love Him and the world has to respect it and give us our holidays to enjoy ths celebration of life and it does, for
"Jesus is a National Holiday." :heart2:

Whoohooo, my sentiments exactly...and so well written/said. Love you, Shim.:grin:

tffy2004

I thought I could leave this alone but I just can't:nono: it's still tugging at my heart and I have been praying about it and I still get this sick feeling inside, when I think of all the wonderful and powerful people out there who are taking part in something God instructed us not to take part of.

Most of not all of what I am about to post is from The Restored Church of God where the Bible is the Bible all by itself.

Where does God tell us not to do these things, Jeremiah 10 2-5. “Thus says the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good.

These verses illustrate an idol made out of wood. More specifically, it speaks of Christmas tree-making, even as it is still done today. A reference to the signs of heaven in verse 2 is better translated today as the winter solstice. Most people are unaware of the connection between Christmas and the winter solstice. They observe it because of the customs in our society. We need to be aware of what some of the customs signify. In fact, we read in verse 2 above, “learn not the way of the heathen.” God commands us not to follow that way.

Although the scripture above undoubtedly reflects the ancient practices during Jeremiah’s time, we know that the book is also prophetic. Therefore, we ought to take it as an instruction for our day and age as well.

The use of such a tree amounts to idolatry. This is a transgression of God’s law, stated in Exodus 20:4-6. Although God looks on the heart, we are still not to follow the way of the heathen.

The most common justification that one will hear regarding Christmas is that people have replaced old pagan customs and intents by asserting that they are now “focusing on Christ.” I have heard many say that they are “honoring Christ” in their Christmas-keeping. The problem is that God does not say this is acceptable to Him! Actually, He plainly commands against it! Keeping Christmas dishonors Christ! He considers everything about it to be an abomination! We will soon see why.

Christ said, “But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men” (Matt. 15:9). Christmas is not a command of God—it is a tradition of men. Christ continued, “Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition” (Mark 7:9). Every year, throughout the world, on December 25th, hundreds of millions do just that!

We will see that God plainly commands, “Follow not the way of the heathen.” But most people do not fear God, and He allows them to make their own decisions. Human beings are free moral agents—free to obey or disobey God! But woe to those who ignore the plain Word of God!

Shimmie

Staff member
Tffy, I know your heart means well. And indeed the 'world' does not celebrate Jesus at Christmas, but the name of this holiday is well able to stand upon its own. 'Christ' mas, the 'Mass of Christ'.

The scripture and the article you shared above is not new and I can tell you with certainity that the writer(s) -- ministry use of the scripture is not the Bible's meaning. God is speaking about IDOLS. Idols were created from the wood of trees and graved into an image whom they called god; and then coated with silver and gold....to 'preserve the wooden - graven image' and to give it prominence, worthy of worship.

This scripture is not speaking about a Christmas tree, nor the lights nor any other ornament placed upon it. Tffy, I've never 'bowed' and given homage to a Christmas tree, nor has any Christian. We're not stupid...we know the reason and whom we celebrate....Jesus and no one else.

I need to start a new thread, for what I have to share needs to be out in the open and not hidden in a previous thread.

In the meantime, Tffy, your decision and your feelings are respected and not judged. There are many Christians who feel as you do. However, those of us who celebrate are not in sin. We are not worshipping a Christmas tree, neither are we of a pagan spirit, we are worshipping Jesus, who is worthy to be praised and worthy of being celebrated everyday and given at least one day of high celebration all over the world.

Every Faith has a "Holy Day of Celebration" for their gods who are false gods. The Budda's, Muslim's, Jews, and so on.

There's Kwanza, Channakuh, Year of the Monkey, Cow, etc., and yet, there's always an issue when Christians celebrate Jesus Christ.

He's been dismissed from the schools, the court houses, and our so-called government which is a mess.

And check this out, the words, "In God We Trust" has actually been removed from dollar coins. Little by little, the world is moving to silence the existance of God.

Now why is that?

It's no small wonder because satan wants to shut us up about Jesus and who He is, what He did, and that He is indeed our Lord worthy of all praise and celebration.

What better way for satan to do such, than to use a Christian, or a ministry to justify such 'Hush" and mis-use scripture to back it up.

Hell does not want us to make a big deal about Jesus. Hell is in a fury that God is still on the throne and still the one who dismantled satan and his beauty as an angel. God is praised and satan is not. Hell is once again humilitated each time we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ before all the world...God's promise for all mankind.

God says that He is holy and worthy to be praised. A high day of praise is the very least we can do to show the world that we indeed do have a God who IS God and whom is ALL God and none other. Pagans and heathens do not do such and never will.

Tffy, it's okay that we disagree on this. It doesn't stop the care in my heart for you. You're one of the most precious ones that I can call both friend and sister here on this forum and I always will. :yep: :kiss:

Peace and hugs to you precious one....:giveheart:

Last edited:

tffy2004

To Shimmie and no one else:

The word christmas to me means Christianized paganism and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Whats in a name if its not Jesus Christ or God. NOTHING

The article not being new has nothing to do with anything, if that were a valid point then everyone against Christianity can say that the Bible is old. And Christmas Trees do fall under the category of Idols. Bowing and giving homage to a christmas tree isn't a requirement of something being classified as an idol. You may know the reason and who you celebrate but its still contrary to God Word.

There's Kwanza, Channakuh, Year of the Monkey, Cow, etc., and yet, there's always an issue when Christians celebrate Jesus Christ.
I don't practice the religions that observe those holidays so I am not concerned with them. I'm more concerned with fellow Christians, cause if we can't get it right then how are we to show people to Christ and who he is, if we can't follow the instructions given in the bible.

There is little that the true Believers of Christ can do about God being removed from the above establishments. Although most of America claims to be Christian it's been sadly disproven in the way America works.

I don't think the scriptures were misused at all in the article. Christians can make a big deal about Jesus without joining in pegan tradition, which is what christmas is, pegan tradition.

Yes its ok to disagree but when it comes to God Word we must agree, and live accordingly. Because this isn't about Tiffany or Shimmie or Kittenxxx, its about God and what his word says. When we stand before God he will not question our intent when he already said in his word don't follow or do as the heathens.

Shimmie

Staff member

The word christmas to me means Christianized paganism and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Whats in a name if its not Jesus Christ or God. NOTHING

The article not being new has nothing to do with anything, if that were a valid point then everyone against Christianity can say that the Bible is old. And Christmas Trees do fall under the category of Idols. Bowing and giving homage to a christmas tree isn't a requirement of something being classified as an idol. You may know the reason and who you celebrate but its still contrary to God Word.

I don't practice the religions that observe those holidays so I am not concerned with them. I'm more concerned with fellow Christians, cause if we can't get it right then how are we to show people to Christ and who he is, if we can't follow the instructions given in the bible.

There is little that the true Believers of Christ can do about God being removed from the above establishments. Although most of America claims to be Christian it's been sadly disproven in the way America works.

I don't think the scriptures were misused at all in the article. Christians can make a big deal about Jesus without joining in pegan tradition, which is what christmas is, pegan tradition.

Yes its ok to disagree but when it comes to God Word we must agree, and live accordingly. Because this isn't about Tiffany or Shimmie or Kittenxxx, its about God and what his word says. When we stand before God he will not question our intent when he already said in his word don't follow or do as the heathens.
Tffy, I'm speaking this in softness and love, that this is your personal conviction and it is totally respected.

Believe me, it is respected and so are you. :giveheart:

Yet again, those of us who celebrate Christmas are not in sin.

Again, we are giving full honor of this day to the Lord Jesus Christ.

And it is satan who wants to stop it; shut us up. he wants to still the message that Jesus Christ was indeed come as promised; indeed born of a Virgin, indeed walked this earth in human form, indeed lived and died and rose again and is yet still to return for His church.

And these are the days, both Christmas and Easter that this message is proclaimed and 'Holiday-ed' - 'Holy Day' - for all the world to be put in rememberance of. It's televised, on the radio, the world-wide-web and written about all over the world and every one has to hear it..everyone. There's no escaping it, for these days are the only days of any holiday celebrated world-wide and it honors just one God...Jesus Christ.

It has absolutely nothing to do with pagans for our message is in obedience to God's word, "Go into all the world and proclaim the message of Jesus Christ our Lord."

We celebrate and proclaim, who we love and / or treasure.

If we can celebrate our hair, than surely we can celebrate the one who gave it to us.

For example, it's stated in your avatar that your hair is your treasure. I'm not judging, not at all, :nono: yet it states something you treasure...your hair. This is also a pagan practice...vanity. The word tells us plainly that it not in the braiding or adorning of the hair, but in the spirit of a woman that lies within her treasure.

I'm making a very important point here. We can't say that we are holy and blameless if we yield to one aspect of what we believe and not yield to the other aspects in whole.

On one hand you want to be blameless for not celebrating Christmas, yet you treasure your hair, yet an idol. And trust me, our hair is our idol here on this forum, be it short or long...it's an idol. :yep: Oh yes it is.

The time, money, care, and despair, products, questions and more queries, we spend regarding our hair speaks for itsself. Why? Because we're not happy with the course of hair that we were born with. Our idol. Were it not, we'd leave it alone; we would not be here at LHCF or a BSS, or Salon, or in the mirror trying to fix it. And nothing about it, celebrates Jesus nor even mentions His name.

Nothing in the Bible tells us which hair product to try, let alone join a forum to be hair informed.

Everyone of us on this forum has an idol of one form or another and we always will. Does it excuse us, or give us license for such? No...:nono:

Celebrating our hair in comparison to celebrating Christmas and our love for Jesus Christ, and standing blameless, which is the true idol?

If you want to stand before God blameless, go all the way. But don't say it's because you don't celebrate Christmas. Because that's not going cut it when you stand before God. :nono:

He's going to pull up your record and and ask you about your other idols. Then what will you have? His mercy and nothing else. For it's not of works of which we can boast...it's only by the Blood and mercy of Jesus Christ that we are saved and rendered blameless...and only that.

If we can celebrate the birth of our own children (who are yet born in sin) than surely we can celebrate the One who was born not in sin.

If we can take a vacation, stay home on ANY holiday, than surely we can celebrate Jesus for all the world to see.

Rather than stay home that day and do nothing, I'd rather do something far more important. Thank God for His gift of life and share His message of Love with the world. A far greater treasure than hair.

It's okay for those who do not celebrate. It really is.

But it's not okay to condemn those who do and call us pagans. Whom and how we celebrate is not a pagan practice...from the carols we sing, songs that honor Jesus, songs of worship for God's gift of Life.

pagans have their own god...satan.

Our God is Jesus Christ who trumps the pagan way and always will...

Again I respect your choice. :giveheart:

MrsHouston

We MUST have a love for the TRUTH, until that happens man will continue to follow what SEEMS right to him.

2 Thess. 2:10
10* and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

John 4:23
23* "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24* "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

2 Tim. 2:5
5* Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.

John 8:31-32
31* So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

When seeking the TRUTH we must forget our own motives and PERSONAL desires.

Luke 8:15
15* "But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.

Matt. 13:23
23* "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."

Mk. 4:20
20* "And those are the ones on whom seed was sown on the good soil; and they hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold."

MrsHouston

The Bible doesn't teach we are to celebrate either Christmas or Easter.

Christmas is never mentioned in Biblical text, but is a fabricated story derived from the birth of Christ based on some truth, some imagination, a dash of license of facts and what is true is often exaggerated. It is a priestly contrivance and fixed at December 25th since it is not mentioned in scripture and therefore is not tied to any dated Biblical historical event in time.

It is true Christ was born, but his birth date has been attributed to practically every month of the year and most likely is akin to the early fall based on the events of the story.

There were no three wise men, Christ was not born in a manger, and he was close to two years old and living in a house by the time the Magi (Wise men) arrived.

"Easter" is a mistranslation by the King James Version translators. All other reputable versions employ the proper title of "Passover" in Acts 12:4.

The title "Easter" is a variation of several pagan celebrations in honor of Goddesses of fertility, which is why it probably occurs in the spring and is associated with the new life in the animal (bunnies and eggs) and plant world.

Passover and Easter often do occur at the same time of each other, but may be as much as a month a part.

Their observance is entirely different.

Passover was for the Jews to celebrate the "passing over" of the death angel just before the Exodus to persuade Pharaoh to let the Jewish people leave Egypt after 400 years of slavery.

Easter, as it is called, is supposed to be celebrated on the first day of the week, following His death 3 days before.

It is observed with variations of date due to different calendars on the the first Sunday after the full moon on, or next after March 21, or one week later if the full moon falls on a Sunday. (Webster)

However, Easter was not even heard of until the 2nd century making it foreign to the scripture’s writers of the first century.

So the question is: Do we as Christians celebrate Christmas religiously? Do we as Christians celebrate Easter religiously? The short answer is "no" to both questions.

Some New Testament blood covenant Christians celebrate the holiday season with a tree and lights and presents --- mostly for the kids --- because they have hard time differentiating "why not to". Some feel awkward if they don't mimic their neighbors.

But since these festivities are not in the Bible, most blood covenant Christians do not celebrate religious holidays where none exist.

Paul commented on people who observe such days.

In one scripture he said:

"You observe days and months and seasons and years. I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain. Gal 4:10-11

But then his kindly heart told us this in Romans 14:

1 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
2 One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.
3 Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him.
4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5 One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.
7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

The death burial and resurrection of Christ is to be celebrated by covenant Christians every first day of the week by partaking of the Lord's Supper. When we do that, the Lord's Supper becomes a covenant renewal ceremony. Each time, we renew our original blood covenant agreement we made with Him in baptism.

Every covenant back to Adam and Eve was ratified by blood. Our covenant with Christ’s blood was ratified when we died and were resurrected with Him in baptism. At that instant, we had all sin removed and it placed us in a saved condition.

I personally don't celebrate Religious Holidays, but I believe Paul wants us to be gentle and kind to those who do choose to observe these days, as their hearts are on the Lord in doing so.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
As Christians, no matter who celebrates Christmas or not, doesn't make us better than the other.

It's just a decision one has made in their walk with Jesus Christ to do or not to do.

No one better than the other...no one weaker than the other.

No one less loved, no one less spiritual or more.

No one more knowledgeable of Truth; or less knowledgeable.

Neither is it a pass to Heaven for those who don't or those who do...

Nor does it make one more righteous than the other.

Nor does it make one more kinder than the other.

Nor less sinful...

For there are many acts in the Christian walk that those oppose and refrain from doing such, yet still are guilty of another.

As there are many acts in such 'our' walk that we do in honor, yet dishonor still in another...

It's no longer a matter of Christmas or Easter, neither scripture which speaks of traditions.

Rather it's a matter of the heart and what "we" do apart from what "we" don't do, traditions or otherwise.

It's not about Christmas or Easter celebrations, regarding those who don't versus those who do.... it's about one's total heart in ALL they do or do not do.

:blowkiss:

klb120475

As Christians, no matter who celebrates Christmas or not, doesn't make us better than the other.

It's just a decision one has made in their walk with Jesus Christ to do or not to do.

Nor less sinful...

For there are many acts in the Christian walk that those oppose and refrain from doing such, yet still are guilty of another.

As there are many acts in such 'our' walk that we do in honor, yet dishonor still in another...

It's no longer a matter of Christmas or Easter, neither scripture which speaks of traditions.

Rather it's a matter of the heart and what "we" do apart from what "we" don't do, traditions or otherwise.

It's not about Christmas or Easter celebrations, regarding those who don't versus those who do.... it's about one's total heart in ALL they do or do not do.

That was absolutely beautiful!!!

Nice & Wavy

Nor less sinful...

Absolutely, wonderful......!

:blowkiss:Right back at cha!

Shimmie

Staff member
Precious klb and Precious Wavy... maybe you two can relate.

Each time I figure I have it 'down' with being righteous, I find out that I'm not. For instance...

I don't 'associate' my life with the world (or so I thought).

Such as...

I don't fornicate; celibate for 25 years and I love it. (but I love romance movies and "Grey's Anatomy")

I don't go to clubs nor hang out in bars (but I love music and Dancing)

I don't smoke, drink alcohol (but I've attended functions that serve it such as weddings and office parties where there is an open bar).

I don't dress in hoochie clothes - I'm extremely modest (but I have a closet full of beautiful gowns, Dance costumes, and I love lingerie and beautiful underwear)

I love Gods' word and I can pull up a scripture with full application and not blink or think twice to find it (but I still need to read my Bible more and be on this forum less; but I'm too nosey to stay away).

I do not associate myself with the occult, neither do I allow movies/shows of such, no matter how 'seemingly' innocent; I am adamant regarding Halloween and my family is strict with our children not to particpate.

However, I love Michael's Jackson's 'Thriller Dance Scene'... it rocks!

There are those who do not celebrate Christmas or Easter and imply that those who do are in pagan practice, yet they can be located on the ENT forum.... :look:

Ummmm, -- I'm just saying :rolleyes: :wasntme:

Paul said this, "Our righteousness is as filthy rags.."

And he's speaking the total truth, because for every righteous thing we say we do and wear as a badge of honor, there's yet an unrighteous thing in the other corner of our 'righteousness'. We have no righteousness of our own.

I'm making this a point because I just feel that there is an implication in this thread, that ..... that.... that... well 'that". :rolleyes:

Like I said, no one here is better than the other just because one does and another doesn't. No one. :nono:

And Paul said it here... (Romans 14)

2 One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

3 Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him.

4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.

None of us are better than the other...:nono:

Precious Wavy, I'm tired of this....:drunk: :spinning: :drunk:

klb, I need some ice....:rolleyes:

HWAY

I was an active member of a controlling religious group for many years.

Shimmie,

I felt what you said about no one has the right to judge others.

It took me a long time to realize my only master is Jesus and by trying to please people, I harmed myself. Since I've only recently left this religion, I'm in the process of unlearning many concepts. I haven't celebtated holidays in years but I know it's dangerous to judge others who do celbrate. Does celebrating or not not celebrating holidays make one more spritual than her neighbor? I still don't know. I allow only the bible as my guide and pray for the Holy Spirit to guide me in all I do. This forum has helped me and others in growing spiritually. Please continue our conversations in love and respect for others.

Shimmie

Staff member

Shimmie,

It took me a long time to realize my only master is Jesus and by trying to please people, I harmed myself. Since I've only recently left this religion, I'm in the process of unlearning many concepts. I haven't celebtated holidays in years but I know it's dangerous to judge others who do celbrate. Does celebrating or not not celebrating holidays make one more spritual than her neighbor? I still don't know. I allow only the bible as my guide and pray for the Holy Spirit to guide me in all I do. This forum has helped me and others in growing spiritually. Please continue our conversations in love and respect for others.
:kiss: HWAY, your post is beautiful and I also can identify with much of your experience.

When I was first saved, there wasn't anything that I wanted to do unpleasing to God and I still feel this way with all of my heart.

But Sister HWAY, I was so rigid that I was scaring people away from Christ Jesus. I'd like to share an experience that I will never forget. And it's a very sad one.

I met a woman at a local mall; we were both 'babysitting' our grandbabies and while sitting and chatting we became good friends. We shared much in common and this woman was as precious as can be.

I invited her to our annual Woman's Luncheon at our summer campmeeting. She met me there and she was so excited about attending. For you see, I had gotten her all hyped up about Jesus and the Church that I attended.

We sat at our table enjoying tea and conversation and she began to share 'innocently' some of her activities for entertainment. And in my rigid mindset, I responded to each of her comments with a scripture and the reasons why I did not participant. (Geesh! Big mistake!)

Mind you, none of what she was doing was 'wrong', it just wasn't (in my mindset) of God. How wrong I was. How very wrong I was. For after a little while, this precious woman looked at her watch and said,
"Oh, I forgot about an appointment that I have today, and I have to leave. Thank you so much for inviting me. I'm so sorry that I have to leave now."

Sister HWAY, I never felt so convicted in all my life. I felt 'bad' and I mean 'bad'. I was so grieved for I knew that I had gone overboard...way overboard with my self-righteousness. Ummmm, my choice of activities versus hers and anothers. The thing is, I had no activities in my life.

This precious woman was a 'victim' of my rigid personality and it was not Jesus. Sadder, is that this woman missed a very important message from that woman's conference that my Pastor's wife ministered to the women for their marriages. And in our prior conversations, this woman shared she was married and loved her husband. They just needed ministry and prayer. And my Pastor's message was just the one she needed.

I not only lost a dear friend, but I lost a soul. And I will always regret this for as long as I live. :nono:

Ever since then, I had to realize that my rigid mindset was not Bible. It simply wasn't. It was too far overboard and I realized why people were not open to what I had to share about Jesus.

Mind you, we are to adhere to God's word, to be yielded and obedient. That's a given and it will always be so.

But somethings we have taken to extremes. We have called people sinners when they were not. We have called people disobedient to God's word, when in actuality, they were more obedient to the Lord than we were. Hey, I know I'm speaking the truth here. Many of us are very much like the 'Scribes, the Pharisees, and the Sadducees (sp?) that Jesus had to offend rebuke for their rigidness. They still had other sins, yet 'lorded' themselves over those who did not yield to the law as they felt others should. They rebuked Jesus for healing a man on the Sabbath, yet Jesus had to rebuke them for being 'blind and rigid' to the fact that Jesus was still doing the work of God.

This is not about a Christmas tree, or an Easter celebration and ones reasons or decisions to celebrate or not to celebrate. It's about giving God the full Glory in all that we say and do.

I had to realize that each day I could not afford to lose another person, because I was so 'perfect.' I'm not saying that we are to compromise our righteousness...far be it from that. We are strive for it and to be in right standing with God each moment we live.

And I can also attest that for each 'perfect' thing we aspire to, there will always be an imperfect area as well. Therefore, we cannot 'Lord' over each other our 'righteous' choices over anothers and call them less Godly. Neither can we be condesending in our attitudes towards one another with comments which suggest one is weaker than the other or better. That's in itsself cancels out the good works that one boasts of him/herself.

HWAY, there is indeed an importance for being rigid in our Faith, for we can't just do any and everything we want. We are to rebuke, take authority over and control our flesh. Our rigid stance is powerful against satan and especially when we're in intercessory prayer, fasting and just plain living for Christ....blocking out distractions, etc.

But when it comes to minor things such as Christimas, Easter, even Paul says not to waste time arguing over such for this is not the issue that really matters...what truly matters is winning souls to Jesus Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to rule, not man.

There will always be something that we do or don't do for the sake of righteousness. Yet, we cannot call ourselves higher than another spiritually, that's pride of one's self.

I don't wear make-up on a daily basis, yet does that make me more spiritual and Christ-like over one who does? No...:nono:

I don't go to movies, does that make me more or better? No :nono:

In love, I can only say that so what if one chooses not to do a certain thing, yet in love it doesn't make one better and it never will.

HWAY, I thank God for you. I thank you for reminding me to keep my perspectives in love. Because Shimmie can get rigid...but there's a time and a place for it.

HWAY, I pray God's loving peace over you, for you do have a heart for God and His holiness. I believe that the Holy Spirit has lead you out as God did Abraham to establish His Covenant with you, in liberty and in righteousness. You will know the boundaries God has given you.

Love and blessings to you and to everyone... :blowkiss:

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie,

I know you directed this post to Shimmie, but I just have to say something about the bolded: THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Blessings!

Nice & Wavy

Precious klb and Precious Wavy... maybe you two can relate.

Each time I figure I have it 'down' with being righteous, I find out that I'm not. For instance...

I don't 'associate' my life with the world (or so I thought).

Such as...

I don't fornicate; celibate for 25 years and I love it. (but I love romance movies and "Grey's Anatomy")

I don't go to clubs nor hang out in bars (but I love music and Dancing)

I don't smoke, drink alcohol (but I've attended functions that serve it such as weddings and office parties where there is an open bar).

I don't dress in hoochie clothes - I'm extremely modest (but I have a closet full of beautiful gowns, Dance costumes, and I love lingerie and beautiful underwear)

I love Gods' word and I can pull up a scripture with full application and not blink or think twice to find it (but I still need to read my Bible more and be on this forum less; but I'm too nosey to stay away).

I do not associate myself with the occult, neither do I allow movies/shows of such, no matter how 'seemingly' innocent; I am adamant regarding Halloween and my family is strict with our children not to particpate.

However, I love Michael's Jackson's 'Thriller Dance Scene'... it rocks!

There are those who do not celebrate Christmas or Easter and imply that those who do are in pagan practice, yet they can be located on the ENT forum.... :look:

Ummmm, -- I'm just saying :rolleyes: :wasntme:

Paul said this, "Our righteousness is as filthy rags.."

And he's speaking the total truth, because for every righteous thing we say we do and wear as a badge of honor, there's yet an unrighteous thing in the other corner of our 'righteousness'. We have no righteousness of our own.

I'm making this a point because I just feel that there is an implication in this thread, that ..... that.... that... well 'that". :rolleyes:

Like I said, no one here is better than the other just because one does and another doesn't. No one. :nono:

And Paul said it here... (Romans 14)

None of us are better than the other...:nono:

Precious Wavy, I'm tired of this....:drunk: :spinning: :drunk:

klb, I need some ice....:rolleyes:

I can relate, Shimmie. I just want to say that I am no better than anyone here on this forum. I have my share of things in my life that God is working out in me.

I was reading what HWY said about keeping the converstions in love. I believe what she said was so on time. There are so many people who read these threads/posts everyday, as you know, and I want to always be an example of Jesus Christ here on this forum, as I try to do in my everyday life outside of this forum. Now, that doesn't always mean we must allow foolishness to abound here either. We must, as Jesus did, not allow satan to have his way in here or in our everyday life. satan is under our feet.

Luv you!

Shimmie

Staff member
I can relate, Shimmie. I just want to say that I am no better than anyone here on this forum. I have my share of things in my life that God is working out in me.

I was reading what HWY said about keeping the converstions in love. I believe what she said was so on time. There are so many people who read these threads/posts everyday, as you know, and I want to always be an example of Jesus Christ here on this forum, as I try to do in my everyday life outside of this forum. Now, that doesn't always mean we must allow foolishness to abound here either. We must, as Jesus did, not allow satan to have his way in here or in our everyday life. satan is under our feet.

Luv you!
Amen, Precious Wavy...

I have to stand firm, but to do so in love. It makes a whole lot a difference. A lot. I'm not out to hurt anyone. I'm sorry for whomever I have hurt. :love3: