Do you celebrate Easter and/or Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 46 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tffy2004

The poll is for Christmas only!!!!!
Just want to know how many celebrate them. And I would also like to know if anyone has researched the origins of Christmas and Easter (not passover but Easter the one that has to do with eggs, and chocolate bunnies)?

sexyaqr

Yes, I have done extensive research on both celebrations and their origins are far from 'Christian'. It is rooted in pagan customs. It was just dressed up to make it seem 'Christian'. So in answer, I do not celebrate either

sexyaqr

Yes, I have done extensive research on both celebrations and their origins are far from 'Christian'. It is rooted in pagan customs. It was just dressed up to make it seem 'Christian'. So in answer, I do not celebrate either

tffy2004

I too have been researching the origins of many holidays and later this week I plan on going to the library to do more. But I found a very enlightening article. Here is the link to it: The Origin of Christmas

When you go to it have your Bible handy so you can read the scriptures for yourself and see that they are really in the Bible.

KnottyGurl

What Sexyaqr said :yep: Even if I did celebrate it, I would not have a consumer christmas. When Christ was born, they didn't exchange gifts, they gave gifts to Him to celebrate His birth. I think we have something like today already...yeah, birthdays. If the day is about Him, it should be about Him only. Gifts only dilute your intentions. JMO:ohwell: Anyway, I give and share year-round.

Last edited:

alexstin

The poll is for Christmas only!!!!!
Just want to know how many celebrate them. And I would also like to know if anyone has researched the origins of Christmas and Easter (not passover but Easter the one that has to do with eggs, and chocolate bunnies)?

Yes, I celebrate but I don't do easter bunnies, eggs and the kids know who gives them gifts and it isn't santa.:grin: I do know the origins. I don't believe it's about the origins but moreso the meaning you give to it.

Have you ever checked the origins of alot of things the church does? Baptism, which as we know, Jesus participated in and commanded us to do has pagan origins. He used it for His own purposes. Sometimes it's not about the history but what it is used for now.

StrawberryQueen

Yes, I celebrate but I don't do easter bunnies, eggs and the kids know who gives them gifts and it isn't santa.:grin: I do know the origins. I don't believe it's about the origins but moreso the meaning you give to it.

Have you ever checked the origins of alot of things the church does? Baptism, which as we know, Jesus participated in and commanded us to do has pagan origins. He used it for His own purposes. Sometimes it's not about the history but what it is used for now.
I agree. :yep: And I celebrate both, you're still giving glory to God, right?

tffy2004

I am actually in the process of checking the origins of things churches and pastors do. I never thought to check on the origins of Baptism, thanks for mentioning it.

tffy2004

Did anyone read the article from that site I linked? If not I will just paste it here, it may look like a lot to read but it really isn't. If you don't want to read then watch this on youtube 26 minute 3 part video over the Origins of Christmas

There is a second part I had to put in the next post cause it was too long.......:rolleyes:

THE ORIGIN OF CHRISTMAS
On December 25 of every year the majority of the Christian world (Christendom) celebrate the birth of Christ through many handed down traditions including, setting up a decorated tree, exchanging gifts, spreading folk tales about Santa Claus, festivities, and lighting decorations, just to name a few. Where does the annual celebration of Christmas come from? You might be amazed at what can be found in the Bible regarding the origin of Christmas and finding out the actual season of Christ's birth. It is a LITTLE KNOWN FACT OF THE BIBLE.

The Historical Background of Christmas:
Christmas is believed by most to be the celebration of the birthday of Jesus Christ. The majority of so-called Christian religions accept Christmas as an essential part of their traditions, and few ever question when or how the whole celebration actually started. All of the usual gift-giving, festivity and decorations are supposedly in honor of the nativity of the Son of God, but a look at some historical information, coupled with Biblical facts, proves otherwise. Although it is considered to be a religious observance, this holiday originated from an ancient pagan festival and is contrary to the teachings of the Bible.

The time and place of the first Christmas celebration is not known; although history seems to indicate a date after the last great persecution of Christians as late as the third century.1 The observance of Christmas is not of "divine appointment", nor is it of New Testament origin.2 It is definite that the earliest followers of Christ did not observe Christmas: They did not even observe their own birthdays.3 It is believed that Pope Julius I declared Christ's birth to be celebrated on December 25th around 350A.D. The first time December 25th was referred to in any document as being Christmas Day, was 354A.D.4 By the fourth century, Christmas became an official holiday in Rome and most other parts of the so-called Christian world.

There are many speculations as to why the celebration of the birth of Christ does not appear earlier. Perhaps the most obvious is the fact that there is no record in history, scriptural or otherwise, from which the date of Christ's birth can be determined.5 It was not until several centuries after Jesus Christ lived and died on the earth that December 25 came to be recognized as his birthday. This date, in view of astronomers, historians, and Bible scholars, is decidedly not the correct date of his birth, nor does it rest on historical findings more than any other.6 The selection of December 25 as Jesus' birthday was due simply to the fact that it coincided with the winter solstice.7

The date of December 25th was originally known as the feast of Natalis Invicti Solis, or the "Birthday of the Unconquered Sun".8 The celebration, also known as the Roman Saturnalia (in honor of their god of agriculture, Saturn), was an annual feast long before the birth of Christ. The Saturnalia was actually a week-long celebration, with the final day being the Brumalia, or the first day of winter. According to the Julian calendar, that day fell on December 25.

The celebration of Saturnalia was the greatest of all pagan festivals. It was a once-a-year time to indulge in feasting, drinking, the exchanging of gifts, and merrymaking in general. Although Saturnalia is more attributed to be of Roman origin, the ancient Babylonians celebrated the feast of the son of Isis (goddess of nature) on December 25. Boisterous celebration, with gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast as well.10

The pagan tribes of northern Europe also celebrated their own winter solstice, known as Yule. Yule was symbolic of the birth of the pagan sun god, Mithras, and was observed on the shortest day of the year. They believed as the sun god grew and matured, the days became longer and warmer. It was customary to light a candle to encourage Mithras--and the sun--to reappear the following year. Huge Yule logs were burned in honor of the sun as well. The word Yule itself means "wheel", the wheel being a pagan symbol for the sun.11 When pagan Germanic tribes (the Franks and the Alemans) found the Romans celebrating solstice during their early invasions, they, liking the custom, incorporated it into their own type of religion.12 Even the early Egyptians celebrated a mid-winter festival. They claimed their god Horus, the son of Isis, was born near the end of December.

By the time Christianity took root in Rome, the Saturnalia was a popular and well-known festival among the pagan people. Consequently, the clergy of the day found this fact rather hard to deal with in converting the pagans to their religion. The religious leaders (predominately those of the outset of the Catholic church) realized they could not stop the Saturnalia from being celebrated, so they converted it--as well as the Romans themselves--to their beliefs.14 Authorities of the Roman Catholic church felt it was a wise idea to give a "sacred" meaning to pagan observances, rather than to discourage possible converts by eliminating their celebrations entirely. When the Emperor Constantine decreed Christianity as the "new faith" of the Roman Empire, the Saturnalia then became known as "The Mass of Christ", and was changed to honor the birth of Christ rather than the sun.15 Constantine could see no conflict between what he viewed as "Christianity" and the predominant Roman sun-worship. The result was an accommodation of the beliefs and practices of the two.

With the celebration of Christmas set in place of the Saturnalia, religious authorities felt the holiday should be observed as a strictly religious one, instructing the people to celebrate it "after a heavenly manner, not an earthly manner."17 Although many people refused to celebrate the "new" holiday altogether, because it reminded them of the old pagan festival, the Christmas celebration closely resembled the Saturnalia for many centuries, with much feasting, drinking, and merrymaking.

As Christmas progressed through the years, many customs of the Saturnalia continued to persist. Finding they could not entirely abolish certain rituals, religious leaders expelled the worst features and changed them to seem "religious". Consequently, many of the customs observed even today at the Christmas season evolved from practices used long before that holiday ever began. Customs have become a mixture of pagan, religious, and cultural practices, as well as legend, superstition, and tradition.18
Christmas greenery and the Christmas tree are two such "adopted" customs, which originated directly from the Saturnalia. At the winter solstice, the Romans decorated their homes with boughs of laurel, evergreen trees and others. The Germanic observance of the solstice used holly, ivy and bay for both decoration and in their religious rites. Hollyberries were thought to be a food of the gods. In northern Europe, evergreen branches were used as a "devil-defying" means, and mistletoe was offered as a sacrifice to idols and was also linked to legends of their so-called gods. The use of the Christmas tree dates back to the early Druidic practice of tree worship. Later, when Christmas came to be celebrated, the tree supposedly became a tribute to baby Jesus, replacing the sacrifices offered to the trees. The sacrifices made to the fir and oak by the pagan religions were often human ones.

Many people associate gift-giving with the wise men and their presents to the young Christ, but that practice is also of pagan origin. The Romans exchanged "good luck" presents during the Saturnalia. During that festival, the wealthy gave gifts to the poor in honor of the "golden age of liberty when the god Saturn ruled the known world".20 Other customs such as candles, the yule log, and the baking of small cakes and cookies began as pagan customs that were changed to supposedly honor the birth of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

tffy2004

Part 2:

The Biblical Perspective:
The Bible provides some evidence, which shows that December 25 is the incorrect date for Jesus' birth. From the Biblical description, many historians believe that his birth probably occurred in the Fall.21 In Luke 2:8 it is written: "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." Meteorologists have found December in Bethlehem to be quite cold, with the average temperature ranging near freezing to slightly above. December and January is also the time of year Bethlehem receives its greatest amount of precipitation. The climate has not changed to any great extent over the last 2,000 years, so it is highly unlikely the shepherds would be camped in the fields if it were so cold. To add to this, the Talmud (the body of Jewish law) states the flocks were put out to grass in March and were brought in at the beginning of November. In present Palestine, both animals and shepherds are under cover at the Christmas season.22

There is another clue in the Bible book of Daniel, which explains how Christ's earthly ministry was only to last for 3-1/2 years. He began that ministry when he turned 30 years old (Luke 3:21-23). The scriptures also show he was killed at the Jewish Passover (John 18:39), which occurred in the Spring, so it stands to reason that he would have to have been born in the Fall of the year.

Another Christmas belief disproved by the scriptures is that of the Magi, or wise men, arriving at the manger the night of Jesus' birth. The account in Luke 2:8-17 tells how the shepherds, not the wise men, found the baby lying in a manger after receiving word from an angel. This was the "sign" the angel told them to look for. The wise men, at a later time, traveled from another country, observing and following a star. When they arrived to offer their gifts to Jesus, they found the young child, not a baby, with Mary his mother in a house. (Matthew 2:9-11) There is a difference between the shepherds finding a "babe in a manger" and the wise men who found Jesus as a "young child in a house". It is also unclear how many wise men there actually were. Matthew 2:11 mentions three gifts presented to Jesus by them, but does not list the number of wise men who were there.

Another point in Matthew 2:16 explains what happened when King Herod of Judea discovered that the wise men had not returned to tell him where Jesus was: Herod became very angry and sent out a decree that all children, two years old and under, in Bethlehem and the surrounding coasts were to be killed. If Jesus were but an infant at the time, it seems unlikely that Herod would have deemed it necessary to kill the children up to the age of two years old. It appears he made this determination "...according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men."

There are other scriptures in opposition to the celebration of Christmas. There is no passage in the Bible that instructs people to celebrate Christ's birthday, or to celebrate any birthday for that matter. Ecclesiastes 7:1 says that the day of death is better than the day of one's birth, and Ecclesiastes 7:8 states that, "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof..."

There are only two birthday "celebrations" mentioned in the Bible. One was that of Pharaoh and the other of King Herod, both wicked men whose birthdays were each commemorated with a feast--and an execution. The account of Pharaoh's birthday in Genesis 40:20-22 tells how he hanged his chief baker. On Herod's birthday, John the Baptist was beheaded: "But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod. Whereupon he promised with an oath to give her whatsoever she would ask. And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger. And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison." (Matthew 14:6-8, 10) This same account is given in Mark 6:21-28.

Some people argue that celebrating Christmas is just "innocent fun" that has nothing to do with observing pagan customs. But Christ did not tell his followers to celebrate his birthday or to commemorate his birth with a feast or pagan customs. Through God's true ministers in the Bible, who include the prophets and apostles, our Creator has warned of learning pagan customs. The prophet Jeremiah was instructed to write: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (Jeremiah 10:2-4)

The apostle Paul gave this warning: "Previously, however, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to gods that essentially are not gods. But now, when you know God, or better yet, are known by God, how is it that you are turning back again to those weak and beggarly rudiments to which you want to be enslaved all over again? You observe days and months, festivals and years. You make me fear that perhaps I wasted my efforts on you." (Galatians 4:8-11, Revised Berkeley Version)

God commanded His people not to learn the ways of the heathen nations, knowing if they did, it could turn them away from following what was right. In Deuteronomy 18:9, God warned: "When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations." See verse 14 also. Psalm 106:34-43 explains what happened when His people disobeyed Him by learning the ways of the heathen.

Can Christmas be right when it is founded on the pagan customs God warned us about? The celebration has remained much the same for centuries, retaining many pagan traditions which clearly have no scriptural association and which God opposes. Study of God's true word in the Bible teaches a person to question what things are right or wrong, what ways to follow, and what to avoid. The Bible is the guidebook Jehovah God has provided so an individual can make those distinctions. His instructions are to be taken seriously and followed. The apostle Paul wrote: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16) He also wrote: "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:11)

Many people do not consider the reason that Jesus Christ, God's Son, was born as a man on the earth. It was not to give an excuse for festivity, but to fulfill the ministry his Father sent him to do. Christ came preaching about the good news of the new kingdom (government) which he and his heavenly Father would one day establish, and he taught how individuals could become a part of it. At the end of his earthly ministry, he was killed to become the sacrifice for those who wanted to be partakers of that offering. In John 9:4, Christ said, "I must do the works of him that sent me..." In Luke 4:43 he said, "...I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent." Another quote of Jesus Christ in Mark 10:45 says, "For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

tffy2004

As for Baptism Jesus commanded us to do this and its in the bible and he did this himself. I disagree with the underlined statement above :nono:
A Christmas-like celebration is only mentioned once in the Bible and it states:

Jeremiah 10:2-5
2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I would call it a duck.

dicapr

I celebrate Xmas, not as the birthday of Jesus, but as a celebration of family. My dad canceled Christmas in our house when I was 8 years old with the promise that we would have our own family holiday. But when he canceled Christmas, he canceled a special time of the year when we focused on family. There was no special season for reminicing, spending time, thinking of each other, or anticipation of a special time together. We tried to have so called "Family Day". I was supposed to be a few days where we would have a small vacation, presents and fun. It never happened. Unfortunately without commercialism, my dad was less than motivated to have scheduled family time. In highschool I announced that I would be celebrating Xmas. I told my family that I would be buying them gifts, and that I did not expect anthing in return. That started Xmas in my family again. The return of family time was amazing. Anytime someone talks about not having alot of money for Xmas, other members remind them that cookies are always welcome. We just want to know that they are thinking of us. I can not think of a reason to not celebrate a holiday in which people are expressing Christ-like behaviors such as self-lessness, kindness, and celebrating family. I decorated for along time without a tree because of its pegan history. I now have a small one. I am not worshiping the tree like the pegans in the bible did. Many customs are based in peganism. Actually, even wearing clothes has its orgin in sin. We all must do as we are led. I know that Christmas isn't Jesus' birthday. There is no Santa in our house for my niece and nephew. It is just a time of food, fun, and yes, presents.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
We celebrate both and love it...

Yes, I go all out with Christmas decor to the max, yet Jesus is the focus of it all and my babies know it and live it. We know and teach our children that Christmas is not the actual time of birth of Jesus, yet it is when the entire world takes off a day to remember God's gift to us. His gift of Eternal Life...Jesus Christ, our Messiah.

For as long as we can remember, Christmas has been acknowledged worldwide. Not necessarily celebrated by all, but still acknowledged worldwide and remembered....for even wars have declared a 'cease-fire' on this day and it was respected as such. I wish it were still so.

For us, Easter, is the celebration of Jesus Christ and His Ressurection; it's the time of year that we acknowledge His life and blood which He gave for us to live again with Him eternally.

And yes, we allow the children (my babies) to have eggs and decorate them, it's a fun activity for them. But the focus is that from the egg is life and that it's not about the Easter bunny. The only thing hopping is praising Jesus... :heart2:

Just for the record...as Christians, we do not celebrate neither participate in Halloween. :nono: It is a satanic ritual which we do not put into practice in our family or our homes or our Church.

Nice & Wavy

The Bible says this in Colossians 2: 16 & 17

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

I love the Word of God. If we really look deep into what the Word says by His Holy Spirit, He reveals so much to us and helps us to understand.

The key words here are in the bolded. That's what I focus on and that is what will remain in my heart.

Blessings!

tffy2004

The Bible says this in Colossians 2: 16 & 17

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

I love the Word of God. If we really look deep into what the Word says by His Holy Spirit, He reveals so much to us and helps us to understand.

The key words here are in the bolded. That's what I focus on and that is what will remain in my heart.

Blessings!

I don't know if I over looked your post or what, but do you celebrate christmas?

What are you referring to with Colossians 2:16-17? Are you saying that Christmas is a religious holiday? It's not clear to me what you are saying.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I don't know if I over looked your post or what, but do you celebrate christmas?

What are you referring to with Colossians 2:16-17? Are you saying that Christmas is a religious holiday? It's not clear to me what you are saying.

To answer your first question, yes I do.

To answer your second question, the scripture speaks for itself. Even if people choose to celebrate Christmas as a holiday and honor Jesus with it, no one should be judge because they do. The importance should be Jesus Christ.

For those who don't celebrate Christmas, I for one don't say they are wrong or right...that's not my place to do so. That is why I shared the scripture in Colossians.

As believers, sometimes we can begin to put stumbling blocks before others because we feel this is right or that is wrong. We must always be mindful of what we are doing/saying.

The whole point of us being who we are is to glorify God. If we turn that into we shouldn't do this or that, what does it become then?

To each his own. We all will have to answer to God. I just have to do my part in the way He desires of me to do.

Hope that helped explain what I said!

Blessings.

gradygirl

I celebrate Christmas and I love to decorate my Christmas tree however I do not believe in telling the Santa Clause thing because I work to hard for my money and no imaginary dude is getting the credit for it. I also celebrate Easter as resurrection day and I dont have a problem with coloring easter eggs and easter baskets. I dont try to get to serious about things like this because children should be allowed to be children and have fun with these holidays as I did when I was a child. I just try to be careful when it comes to religion and children because you can turn a child away from the things of God by being too strict about certain things. I remember a boy that I started school with and his family did not believe in celebrating any holiday. I remember he could not participate with us when we would have Christmas parties or hunt easter eggs. I used to feel so sorry for him because he was always so sad when he would see us do these things. Maybe remembering the hurt I saw in that little boy is the reason why I am so careful. His parents would not even let him play with us I dont know why maybe we were not sanctified enough. Well I have never seen him in church since we have been grown and the last I heard of him we was on crack cocaine. I mean all the rules and regulations sanctioned on that kid by his parents and he still has to deal with some bad things just like some of the other heathen children that were not appropriate for him to be around. I just pray that he finds his way to the Lord. Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving day were the best times in my life especially as a child. To each his own when it comes to things like this but I thank God my parents let us experience those things because we sure had fun.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I celebrate Christmas and I love to decorate my Christmas tree however I do not believe in telling the Santa Clause thing because I work to hard for my money and no imaginary dude is getting the credit for it. I also celebrate Easter as resurrection day and I dont have a problem with coloring easter eggs and easter baskets. I dont try to get to serious about things like this because children should be allowed to be children and have fun with these holidays as I did when I was a child. I just try to be careful when it comes to religion and children because you can turn a child away from the things of God by being too strict about certain things. I remember a boy that I started school with and his family did not believe in celebrating any holiday. I remember he could not participate with us when we would have Christmas parties or hunt easter eggs. I used to feel so sorry for him because he was always so sad when he would see us do these things. Maybe remembering the hurt I saw in that little boy is the reason why I am so careful. His parents would not even let him play with us I dont know why maybe we were not sanctified enough. Well I have never seen him in church since we have been grown and the last I heard of him we was on crack cocaine. I just pray that he finds his way to the Lord. Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving day were the best times in my life especially as a child. To each his own when it comes to things like this but I thank God my parents let us experience those things because we sure had fun.

:grin::grin:...I'm sorry, but the bolded had me giggle.

tffy2004

To answer your second question, the scripture speaks for itself. Even if people choose to celebrate Christmas as a holiday and honor Jesus with it, no one should be judge because they do. The importance should be Jesus Christ.

For those who don't celebrate Christmas, I for one don't say they are wrong or right...that's not my place to do so. That is why I shared the scripture in Colossians.

As believers, sometimes we can begin to put stumbling blocks before others because we feel this is right or that is wrong. We must always be mindful of what we are doing/saying.

The whole point of us being who we are is to glorify God. If we turn that into we shouldn't do this or that, what does it become then?

To each his own. We all will have to answer to God. I just have to do my part in the way He desires of me to do.

Blessings.

Yes it did clear it up alot, thank you for explaining it.
One last question. Do you regard Christmas as a "religious festival" or "holyday"?

Nice & Wavy

Yes it did clear it up alot, thank you for explaining it.
One last question. Do you regard Christmas as a "religious festival" or "holyday"?

You're welcome, sis.

I do consider my celebration of Christmas as a Holy Day for me.

Blessings

dicapr

What do you mean by this?

Originally, humans were naked. Clothing was introduced as a result of the original sin, therefore it is a product of sin. God's original plan was for mankind to be naked. Without sinful lust and thoughts, the human body was free to be displayed. Sin is the reason we need to cover up.

Shimmie

Staff member
Originally, humans were naked. Clothing was introduced as a result of the original sin, therefore it is a product of sin. God's original plan was for mankind to be naked. Without sinful lust and thoughts, the human body was free to be displayed. Sin is the reason we need to cover up.
Now, it is a sin NOT to cover up... :yep:

"Do not uncover her nakedness...." :nono:

tffy2004

Deleted so I wouldn't make anyone feel bad, Sorry, that was not my intention, AT ALL.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Life itsself is one big celebration worth celebrating. In the Old Testiment the Jews had many, many feasts, sabbaths, and celebrations and are still carried out to this day. The festival of Lights (Channakah), and many, many more. I live in a Jewish community and there's always a celebration going on. Always...and it's wonderful for Life is wonderful.

Weddings, the birth of a child, circumcisions, all of life has something to celebrate. Jesus said to 'occupy until I come' and we have also been given by God the gift to enjoy the fruit of our labor (Eccl 3 and 5).

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Praise God for giving us eternal life through Jesus. Praise God for giving us joy and a way to express it. Yes, though the world has taken what God has given and have made mockery and minimal of it's meaning, yet we who love God place the true love and meaning into these occasions, and allow God to be glorified for all that He has done.

When Christmas comes, make it ours and keep so. When Easter comes, indeed celebrate the ressurection of Life given to us so freely. Celebrate however gives God glory. For if we keep silent, about our faith and the celebration of it, the world will surely take over what we call ours and feed it to the dogs as it were any other day.

Each day is a celebration of Life and God's love and mercies, yet to pronounce a selected day is even greater for it is a declaration which shows satan that he is not the one celebrated...God is and always will be. :heart2:

Blessings to all, those who do and / or don't, you are loved and blessed.

Nice & Wavy

You know, it's so interesting to me how a member would start a thread, ask questions, we all answer in what we may know that is right for us, and then come in and leave a post that would make other members feel as though we are wrong for feeling this way and then, say this is the last time they are going to come into the thread and then leave it at that.

Personally, I think its wrong for believers to do this. It's trickery as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, there may be others that will come in with their "well....blah, blah" but you know what, anything I say I say out of love for the believers and non-believers on this board and I wouldn't do this to them...its just not right.

From now on, if anyone comes in with these types of questions, I'm going to not answer them. I don't like being put out like this at all.

So, yes this post is in love, and I could have done it in a PM, but what I'm referring to wasn't done in a PM, but for all to see, therefore, I shared the love.

Thanks.

Mocha5

Blessings.

Well said. I'm one of those who celebrate Christmas too...actually all of the holidays. I'm guilty as charged. But as for the ones you asked about in addition to bringing my kids so much joy, they provide yet another opportunity to share our love for Chirst together, with our church family, and with others who may not know Him. :grin: