Do you celebrate Easter and/or Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 46 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexstin

No, I never got that far and here's why. No matter how much I read or was curious about regarding the darkness of witchcraft (which is total darkness), there was always a 'hand' in front of me and a pull in back of me that would never allow me to delve but so far. A literal hand that always blocked my path at several points in that direction.

I learned later it was because of my grandparents who had dedicated me to the Lord when I was a baby. And that it was the hand of God who was keeping me from going too far. I'm His and no one esle's.

I used to sleep with my grandmoms all the time when I was a little girl. And we always knelt and prayed before going to bed. I remember how my (Mom' mom) grandmom would always pray longer and her ongoing words were 'Bless you child, bless you." She imparted a gift into me that God had given her for love and compassion and prayer. She knew God and all she did was sing about Jesus. Soft, quiet songs. A soft voice that never left me.

The gifts are many, but satan tried to use them for his glory and to steer me away from the Lord. The type of witchcraft I was involved in was the spirit of 'control'.

Hurt and anger, unforgiveness was the catalyst of my quest to learn about witchcraft, for it gave me a power (so I thought) to have control over my biggest target of unforgiveness and the desire for revenge...who was my ex-husband. It gave me a false sense of 'not needing anyone', for I had discovered 'powers' that made me feel above all hurt and in total control of everything and everyone.

Well, God had other plans for my life and all that I thought was my control, was His control all along. The 'gifts' were His and always will be His and each thing I do is under His control and direction, not mine.

His using what I've learned to minister to others the dangers and the falsehood of witchcraft, for it is not a place for anyone to be. The experince is nothing to brag about for it dishonors God, yet by His loving grace and by the Holy Spirit, I can tell when it's operating in a person or if one is being influence by the spirit of witchcraft which operates in many forms. Very easy to spot.

That's when Job 5 takes place...

12 He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.

19 He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

20 In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.

21 Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh.

22 At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

23 For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee.

24 And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace; and thou shalt visit thy habitation, and shalt not sin.

25 Thou shalt know also that thy seed shall be great, and thine offspring as the grass of the earth.

26 Thou shalt come to thy grave in a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in in his season.

27 Lo this, we have searched it, so it is; hear it, and know thou it for thy good.
--------------------

witches frequently come to Church for that's where satan sends them to create spirits of confusion. They bring spirits with them that 'scatter' and out of no where (it seems :rolleyes:), all hell breaks loose and no one knows why. Arguments between those who were at peace; confusion in the pulpit (a Pastor literally forgets his message, or parts of it; or he acts out of character).

This spirit acts upon the 'flesh' and it's important to know this, because the flesh is surface, it cannot penetrate to one's soul. witches cannot possess one's soul. :nono: Influence, but not possess it.

This is where they are able to influence with the spirits of lust. A person who'd never consider sexual mis-conduct, will have thoughts of such cross their mind and if thought upon long enough, they will act upon it. Now of course people have free will and can choose, however, if these thoughts are not put in check the flesh will rule and the person influenced will succomb to the sin.

How does this happen? I won't say. :nono: Just keep prayerful and you will never in life have to worry about being influenced or yielded to such.

Be blessed angel...there's no better life for anyone than the life of loving Jesus Christ and being honored to be called His. For as His, we will never be lead astray. We're covered in His Covenant Blood which cannot be penetrated nor crossed over by any devil of any form at anytime.
Praise the name of Jesus...Amen :heart2:

Amen!:yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie, you are an awesome Christian. God uses you mightly.

Bless you, always!
It's the Lord you see; anyting good in me is Jesus and none other.

Precious Wavy and Alexstin, both of you are ministers and Pastor's wives. You both have been exposed to much, so what I shared above is really no surprise to you.

There is such a sweet difference in my life with Jesus that all else can never matter to me. I have a heart that God controls and no other. I can be in my 'flesh' and act like a fool and often :rolleyes: quite foolish. But I love God too much to get caught up with it.

In my life with Jesus, I've been broke and still happy, for the joy of the Lord is my strength. Ive been cold and still warm...for He covers me with His feathers and under His wings do I trust. I've had days when I've gone to work without a dime in my purse, yet I never hungered nor suffered, nor was I stranded nor forsaken.

I've seen loved ones sick and brought to healing because of Jesus and His power within me. I've seen my dad come to life several times when he could have died, all because I chose to believe in Jesus and no other, for there is no other like Him.

To both of you as Pastors, remember this and don't you ever forget it. Nothing and no one has rule over you. Nothing and no one except Jesus. Remember that. For this is where the spirit of witchcraft tries to undercut in ministries...the wife of God's man. If that spirit can get to the wife, the husband has no cover. She's been distracted or pushed off track of prayer.

I'm speaking to every wife, for all wives are ministers to their husbands and his support spiritually. Yes, he's the head, but you--his wife, are his neck, his support. So, relax in prayer...relax in it. For then you will always be there before the Lord. You'll never be caught off guard for in relaxed prayer you're always there.

Nothing and no one has rule over you. Ever! In Jesus's name, Amen.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Precious Wavy and Alexstin, both of you are ministers and Pastor's wives. You both have been exposed to much, so what I shared above is really no surprise to you.

There is such a sweet difference in my life with Jesus that all else can never matter to me. I have a heart that God controls and no other. I can be in my 'flesh' and act like a fool and often :rolleyes: quite foolish. But I love God too much to get caught up with it.

In my life with Jesus, I've been broke and still happy, for the joy of the Lord is my strength. Ive been cold and still warm...for He covers me with His feathers and under His wings do I trust. I've had days when I've gone to work without a dime in my purse, yet I never hungered nor suffered, nor was I stranded nor forsaken.

I've seen loved ones sick and brought to healing because of Jesus and His power within me. I've seen my dad come to life several times when he could have died, all because I chose to believe in Jesus and no other, for there is no other like Him.

To both of you as Pastors, remember this and don't you ever forget it. Nothing and no one has rule over you. Nothing and no one except Jesus. Remember that. For this is where the spirit of witchcraft tries to undercut in ministries...the wife of God's man. If that spirit can get to the wife, the husband has no cover. She's been distracted or pushed off track of prayer.
I'm speaking to every wife, for all wives are ministers to their husbands and his support spiritually. Yes, he's the head, but you--his wife, are his neck, his support. So, relax in prayer...relax in it. For then you will always be there before the Lord. You'll never be caught off guard for in relaxed prayer you're always there.

Thank you for this, sis. I will remember that, always.

Mocha5

Wow! That's poetic. Thanks, Shimmie. You're such a blessing!

KatKronicles

No to both.

I do not myself participate in the ancient holiday not to be confused with holy day of Estar or Ishtar or Esotar or Easter. However you like to spell it is fine by me. That day is the day of Sexual gratification be it fertility verility beastiality homosexuality orgie and eons more.

Christmas is also a holiday which if you have 80% reading comprehension you would know it is impossible at the time and the signs given in the bible that Jesus was born or Cruxified or Carrying a cross on or near the month of December. Jesus was born in or around the month of September.

Nice & Wavy

No to both.

I do not myself participate in the ancient holiday not to be confused with holy day of Estar or Ishtar or Esotar or Easter. However you like to spell it is fine by me. That day is the day of Sexual gratification be it fertility verility beastiality homosexuality orgie and eons more.

Christmas is also a holiday which if you have 80% reading comprehension you would know it is impossible at the time and the signs given in the bible that Jesus was born or Cruxified or Carrying a cross on or near the month of December. Jesus was born in or around the month of September.

What?????:perplexed

Ok, in my best Sha-nay-nay voice...."oh my goodness"!

Shimmie

Staff member
No to both.

Too extreme....

As Christians we are acknowledging and giving honor to the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and nothing other. What's bolded above has no inkling nor thought given in such behaviours. It may be what those of a perverted nature practice, but not those of God.

When you study the the Bible, the death and resurrection of Jesus is the exact fulfillment of the Jewish Passover. The pure Lamb of sacrifice was slain; its Blood was the atonement for all sins, presented and accepted at the Altar, sprinkled upon the Mercy Seat of God.

Jesus rose again, proving God's promise that we too rise with Him forgiven of all of our transgressions.

And this we celebrate, not the paganism and perversions of darkness.

Christmas is acknowledging that Jesus Christ indeed was born. We celebrate His birth and his life, the Gift which God has so freely given to us, with a love beyond any measure we could ever conceive or understand, or even be worthy of. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son..."

The Son of God, who left His throne of magesty and greatness, and allowed Himself to be dressed in 'Flesh' and dwell among us and endure the heartache and pains of life that He did not deserve.

He allowed Himself to be spit upon. He allowed Himself to be ridicued, falsely accused, beaten beyond recognition, had His beard pulled out with His skin still attached, whipped with leather embedded with glass, which cut His entire flesh from His bones; the stripes upon His back were two score, minus one...39 stripes, the blood and flesh embedded marks, upon His back.

Hammered into His hands and feet were nails as wide as three of His fingers and heavier than a half pound...hung naked upon a tree shaped as a cross, given bitter vinegar when he weakly uttered, "I thirst". They stabbed Him in his side with a sword and mocked Him as He hung.

There He hung, knowing that at any time He had at His disposal, 10,000 angels to come to His rescue. Yet, he endured the pain for He saw more of us, yet to gain and the fulfillment of our redemption was still yet to be paid...in full. (A true test of His loyalty and love for us).

He died and literally decended into hell for us, so that we would not have to. He went through every path, pebble, rock and grit, of hell and its torture, just so we would not have to endure such torture for an eternity, where there would be no escape, once entered.

With His death, the chastisement of our peace, He took upon Himself. He paid the price for us to have everlasting joy...His peace, for He is our peace. He paid in full, the price for our healing, for by His stripes, we were healed. No sickness or disease has license to rule in our bodies. Jesus paid the price.

And now, He sits upon His throne on the right hand side of God, still on our behalf, interceding for us, our advocate with God the Father, who has given us free access to Heaven, by speaking His Holy name...

His name is JESUS! The Son of the Living God! Our Saviour forever! Amen.

Now this gives me a reason to celebrate! Anything in this life that we treasure and honor, we celebrate.

If we can celebrate having long hair growth, we can surely celebrate Jesus, His Birth, His Life, His Death and Resurrection. After all, it is He who has enabled our hair to grow. If we can cheer a legal battle won, a good health report, a new home, a new job, a new car, praise a good cook and a good recipe, a good movie, a good TV show, a good sermon, a wedding, an engagement, an anniversary, what not a day or two out of the year for Jesus. How else do we proclaim to the world just how important He is to us and what it means to be a Christian.

Taking one day out of the year, no matter what day it is, is an honor and a priviledge to show to the world we do have a Savior whom we deem worth of celebrating. That's what life is, a celebration...a gift to be cherished. And to celebrate the one who gave us life is something God deserves.

We're not being pagans nor participating in pagan practices. Pagans do not celebrate Jesus...We do, however.

Two for the record....

I am not speaking against those who chose not to celebrate either holiday. I honestly respect ones choice and decision. :giveheart: I know that you do not love God any less. You're still wonderful in His heart and mine. Here's the love I feel for you :grouphug: You're special.

However, this is for those who do celebrate and they should not feel guilty for such.

We know Jesus wasn't born in the winter, and it doesn't take rocket science nor ridicule to be aware of this. We also know that Jesus did not die on a Friday and neither did He rise on Sunday.

Reading the Bible makes it plain. It was the first day of the week (after the Sabbath) when Mary went to the grave and saw Him. It was Saturday, at the end of the Sabbath when He truly arose, this fulfills prophesy. He was crucified at the onset of Passover (The day of Nissan, the onset of Passover, which was a Wednesday, in accordance to the Jewish calendar).

From Wednesday evening (onset of Passover Sabbath) to Saturday evening, (end of the Sabbath) you get 72 hours...3 days/3 nights. As Jesus said, "as Jonah was in the belly of the "Whale", 3 days/3 nights, so shall the son of man be in the ground."

The error that men made by saying Jesus died on a Friday, is the mis-interpretation of Sabbath. They took it to mean the weekly Friday Sabbath and not that of the Passover Sabbath.

Bottomline...we're celebrating Jesus and His total meaning of Holiness...not man's errors. We've telling God we love Him and the world has to respect it and give us our holidays to enjoy ths celebration of life and it does, for
"Jesus is a National Holiday." :heart2:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Too extreme....

As Christians we are acknowledging and giving honor to the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and nothing other. What's bolded above has no inkling nor thought given in such behaviours. It may be what those of a perverted nature practice, but not those of God.

When you study the the Bible, the death and resurrection of Jesus is the exact fulfillment of the Jewish Passover. The pure Lamb of sacrifice was slain; its Blood was the atonement for all sins, presented and accepted at the Altar, sprinkled upon the Mercy Seat of God.

Jesus rose again, proving God's promise that we too rise with Him forgiven of all of our transgressions.

Christmas is acknowledging that Jesus Christ indeed was born. We celebrate His birth and his life, the Gift which God has so freely given to us, with a love beyond any measure we could ever conceive or understand, or even be worthy of. "For God so loved the world, they He gave His only begotten Son..."

The Son of God, who left His throne of magesty and greatness, and allowed Himself to be dressed in 'Flesh' and dwell among us and endure the heartache and pains of life that He did not deserve.

He allowed Himself to be spit upon. He allowed Himself to be ridicued, falsely accused, beaten beyond recognition, had His beard pulled out with His skin still attached, whipped with leather embedded with glass which cut His entire flesh from His bones; the stripes upon His back were two score, minus one...39 stripes, the blood and flesh embedded marks upon His back.

Hammered into His hands and feet nails as wide as three of His fingers and heavier than a half pound...hung naked upon a tree shaped as a cross, given bitter vinegar when he weakly uttered, "I thirst". They stabbed Him in side with a sword and mocked Him as He hung.

There He hung, knowing that at any time He had at His disposal, 10,000 angels to come to His rescue. Yet, he endured the pain for He saw more of us, yet to gain and the fulfillment of our redemption was still yet to be paid...in full.

He died and literally decended into hell for us, so that we would not have to. He went through every path, pebble, rock and grit, of hell and its torture, just so we would not have to endure such torture for an eternity, where there would be no escape, once entered.

With His death, the chastisement of our peace, He took upon Himself. He paid the price for us to have everlasting joy...His peace, for He is our peace. He paid in full, the price for our healing, for by His stripes, we were healed. No sickness or disease has license to rule in our bodies. Jesus paid the price.

And now, He sits upon His throne on the right hand side of God, still on our behalf, interceding for us, our advocate with God the Father, who has given us free access to Heaven, by speaking His Holy name...

Now this gives me a reason to celebrate! Anything in this life that we treasure and honor, we celebrate.

If we can celebrate having long hair growth, we can surely celebrate Jesus, His Birth, His Life, His Death and Resurrection. After all, it is He who has enabled our hair to grow. If we can cheer a legal battle won, a good health report, a new home, a new job, a new car, praise a good cook and a good recipe, a good movie, a good TV show, a good sermon, a wedding, an engagement, an anniversary, what not a day or two out of the year for Jesus. How else do we proclaim to the world just how important He is to us and what it means to be a Christian.

Taking one day out of the year, no matter what day it is, is an honor and a priviledge to show to the world we do have a Savior who we deem worth of celebrating. That's what life is, a celebration...a gift to be cherished. And to celebrate the one who gave us life is something God deserves.

We're not being pagans nor participating in pagan practices. Pagans do not celebrate Jesus...We do, however.

Two for the record....

I am not speaking against those who chose not to celebrate either holiday. I honestly respect ones choice and decision. :giveheart: I know that you do not love God any less. You're still wonderful in His heart and mine. Here's the love I feel for you :grouphug: You're special.

However, this is for those who do celebrate and they should not feel guilty for such.

We know Jesus wasn't born in the winter, and it doesn't take rocket science nor ridicule to be aware. We also know that Jesus did not die on a Friday and neither did He rise on Sunday.

Reading the Bible makes it plain. It was the first day of the week (after the Sabbath) when Mary went to the grave and saw Him. It was Saturday, at the end of the Sabbath when He truly arose, this fulfills prophesy. He was crucified at the onset of Passover (The day of Nissan, the onset of Passover, which was a Wednesday, in accordance to the Jewish calendar).

From Wednesday evening (onset of Passover Sabbath) to Saturday evening, (end of the Sabbath) you get 72 hours...3 days/3 nights. As Jesus said, as Jonah was in the belly of the "Whale", 3 days/3 nights, so shall the son of man be in the ground.

The error that men made by saying Jesus died on a Friday, is the mis-interpretation of Sabbath. They took it to mean the weekly Friday Sabbath and not that of the Passover Sabbath.

Bottomline...we're celebrating Jesus and His total meaning of Holiness...not man's errors. We've telling God we love Him and the world has to respect it and give us our holidays to enjoy ths celebration of life and it does, Jesus is a National Holiday. :heart2:

I'm glad you explained it, because these painkillers are making me silly:spinning:!!!

I wonder if it will be received well....well, at least I hope so.

Mocha5

We've telling God we love Him and the world has to respect it and give us our holidays to enjoy ths celebration of life and it does, Jesus is a National Holiday. :heart2:

Loves it! :grin: Perfect for a message on a t-shirt! :yep:

alexstin

Thank you, Shimmie.:yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm glad you explained it, because these painkillers are making me silly:spinning:!!!

I wonder if it will be received well....well, at least I hope so.
This is for those of us who do celebrate, to assure them that they are not in sin. None of us are pagans, nor in a pagan practice.

Yet, I respect those who don't and their reasons not to. It's all good, it really is...:yep:

Paul says it so well which puts the differences of opinion on this topic to an end...

Romans 14....

2 One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

3 Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him.

4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.

6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.

7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;

8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

If one doesn't celebrate, it's okay. :love3: It one does celebrate, it's okay. :love3:

Both choices are exceptable for we are ALL the Lords. :heart2:

:amen: :heart2: :amen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Loves it! :grin: Perfect for a message on a t-shirt! :yep:
"Jesus is a National Holiday" :heart2:

Christmas ... the Mass (a Holy gathering) of Christ, hence the word "Christmas".

Celebrations bring people closer. Look at the Jews, they are still knit with one another in their own communities, and they always have something to celebrate.

The Chinese celebrate Budda, the year of the dragon, year of the monkey, year of the 'whatever'....

Jesus said...

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable Year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Each year, we celebrate the acceptable "Year of the Lord"

:amen: :heart2: :amen:

Last edited:

KatKronicles

Too extreme....

Christmas is acknowledging that Jesus Christ indeed was born. We celebrate His birth and his life, the Gift which God has so freely given to us, with a love beyond any measure we could ever conceive or understand, or even be worthy of. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son..."

He allowed Himself to be spit upon. He allowed Himself to be ridicued, falsely accused, beaten beyond recognition, had His beard pulled out with His skin still attached, whipped with leather embedded with glass, which cut His entire flesh from His bones; the stripes upon His back were two score, minus one...39 stripes, the blood and flesh embedded marks, upon His back.

Hammered into His hands and feet were nails as wide as three of His fingers and heavier than a half pound...hung naked upon a tree shaped as a cross, given bitter vinegar when he weakly uttered, "I thirst". They stabbed Him in his side with a sword and mocked Him as He hung.

There He hung, knowing that at any time He had at His disposal, 10,000 angels to come to His rescue. Yet, he endured the pain for He saw more of us, yet to gain and the fulfillment of our redemption was still yet to be paid...in full. (A true test of His loyalty and love for us).

Taking one day out of the year, no matter what day it is, is an honor and a priviledge to show to the world we do have a Savior whom we deem worth of celebrating. That's what life is, a celebration...a gift to be cherished. And to celebrate the one who gave us life is something God deserves.

Two for the record....

We know Jesus wasn't born in the winter, and it doesn't take rocket science nor ridicule to be aware of this. We also know that Jesus did not die on a Friday and neither did He rise on Sunday.

From Wednesday evening (onset of Passover Sabbath) to Saturday evening, (end of the Sabbath) you get 72 hours...3 days/3 nights. As Jesus said, "as Jonah was in the belly of the "Whale", 3 days/3 nights, so shall the son of man be in the ground."

Bottomline...we're celebrating Jesus and His total meaning of Holiness...not man's errors. We've telling God we love Him and the world has to respect it and give us our holidays to enjoy ths celebration of life and it does, for
"Jesus is a National Holiday." :heart2:
I appreciate your dissertation, however, what you've written sideesteps logic and the topic at hand. The usage of scripture has no bearing or validation on the pagan holidays many who think are christian celebrations. And like a previous poster said, " its okay".

The "facts" you wrote however, still have nothing to do with the facts. Easter is in fact a pagan god holiday. Christmas is in fact a pagan god holiday.

Unfortunately I have studied the bible to the 33rd degree, and I unlike many who profess to be enlightened or rather studied of the bible forgets or totaly ignorant to the promise that Satan purposely has always had himself a holiday that coincides with holydays. And Easter and Christmas are one of them.

I emplore you to seek wisdom and do some research on the subject of both holidays. And to also see how his ( satans) holidays, always mimic the holydays of God and or Jesus.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I appreciate your dissertation, however, what you've written sideesteps logic and the topic at hand. The usage of scripture has no bearing or validation on the pagan holidays many who think are christian celebrations. And like a previous poster said, " its okay".

The "facts" you wrote however, still have nothing to do with the facts. Easter is in fact a pagan god holiday. Christmas is in fact a pagan god holiday.

Unfortunately I have studied the bible to the 33rd degree, and I unlike many who profess to be enlightened or rather studied of the bible forgets or totaly ignorant to the promise that Satan purposely has always had himself a holiday that coincides with holydays. And Easter and Christmas are one of them.

I emplore you to seek wisdom and do some research on the subject of both holidays. And to also see how his ( satans) holidays, always mimic the holydays of God and or Jesus.
Kittenxx, you have every right to believe as you will for that is your God-given right and I respect that as well as I respect you as my sister in Christ.

Although you mean well, you are missing the very vital point and truth here. When those of us here celebrate Christmas and Easter, we are celebrating Jesus Christ and no other God.

The pagans did not ... WE DO.

Each of us here on earth, Christians, pagans, Jews, and any culture you can name, share the same 24 hours, 7 days a week, 12 months, and 365 days (plus Leap Year). And what we do with these days makes a major distinction of who rules and reigns as our God.

Each culture, each segment on these days we all share, either worship God or they don't. On my birthday, there is a Christian (me) and a sinner who shares it; the same with yours. Yet there is a vital difference. And the difference is Jesus!

Therefore, with Jesus in it, Christmas and Easter are no longer pagan. pagan didn't pay for it, Jesus did, therefore it is ours to claim and to proclaim the love we have for Him.

Here's the thing, the pagans don't own the days, we do and we're just taking back what God has given us, which is everyday, His day no matter what anyone says or does. And we have full freedom and license to proclaim a special day of celebration.

Why let the world have it and proclaim homage to their own false gods? No...:nono: we have it and it's ours and it's going to remain such, no matter who objects to it.

Bottomline, if you don't want to celebrate, that's okay. :yep: Really it is. But please don't accuse those of us who do, of being pagans for we are not and we never will be. We're celebrating someone we love, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Therefore, these are our days, we've taken authority over the world and give God all the glory.

Christmas and Easter have been redefined; no longer pagan. These days belong to Jesus and those who love Him.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. For the Lord is good and worthy to be praised."

Peace and blessings....

Last edited:

divya

Yes, I celebrate Christmas with the focus on Christ. Being aware of the pagan origins, certain things are included or excluded from the season for me.

I would not say that I celebrate Easter. I recognize and appreciate the sacrifice that Christ made for us and the resurrection. However, that is something I believe in doing all the time.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes, I celebrate Christmas with the focus on Christ. Being aware of the pagan origins, certain things are included or excluded from the season for me.

I would not say that I celebrate Easter. I recognize and appreciate the sacrifice that Christ made for us and the resurrection. However, that is something I believe in doing all the time.
:amen: :up: I respect all of this. :yep:

divya

No to both.

There are people who celebrate Christmas as a season - from October to January - and as a time to celebrate the fact that Christ was born on earth with a mission to save us. NOT because we believe that He was actually born on December 25th and anytime near it.

Random question: so what day does your 80% reading comprehension tell you is the day of rest?

tffy2004

Random question: so what day does your 80% reading comprehension tell you is the day of rest?

I know this wasn't addressed to me but its something that I have thought about starting a thread on. Anyway, since I follow the seven day calender that I have on my wall, with Sunday being day one of the week, in my household we observe Saturday as the day of rest, we sit around and do crafts, paint, we may go for a walk, or play outside with the kids, but my husband doesn't work on Saturdays anymore. We just enjoy each other on that day and don't worry about work and the hustle and bustle of the week.

divya

I know this wasn't addressed to me but its something that I have thought about starting a thread on. Anyway, since I follow the seven day calender that I have on my wall, with Sunday being day one of the week, in my household we observe Saturday as the day of rest, we sit around and do crafts, paint, we may go for a walk, or play outside with the kids, but my husband doesn't work on Saturdays anymore. We just enjoy each other on that day and don't worry about work and the hustle and bustle of the week.

That's wonderful to hear. I also observe the 7th day Sabbath. Is that something you and your husband chose to do on your own, without any other influences?

dicapr

Now, it is a sin NOT to cover up... :yep:

"Do not uncover her nakedness...." :nono:

I am not avocating nakedness! I think sin has done a number on the beautiful bodies God gave us and should be covered up! I was just pointing out that most things that humans do out of tradition can be in some way, shape, or form be traced back to a sin or a sinful event.

KatKronicles

There are people who celebrate Christmas as a season - from October to January - and as a time to celebrate the fact that Christ was born on earth with a mission to save us. NOT because we believe that He was actually born on December 25th and anytime near it.

My reading comprehension is 99%. not 80. And I find malice in your heart by way of your keystroke and I will leave you at it. Surely and truly you meant this in a negative way.

But depending on region, culture, and your own interpreted religious beliefs. Sabbath is Saturday if I go by the calender we use today in america.And also the calender used in aramaic which the bible is based on.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I am not avocating nakedness! I think sin has done a number on the beautiful bodies God gave us and should be covered up! I was just pointing out that most things that humans do out of tradition can be in some way, shape, or form be traced back to a sin or a sinful event.
I agree and I understand what you meant earlier. Excellent point. :yep:

I was just sharing how far we've come from 'Eden', where then (before sin), we (Adam and Eve) were covered with God's glory and now we're covered with remnents of the earth (man made textiles).

For you...:giveheart:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
My reading comprehension is 99%. not 80. And I find malice in your heart by way of your keystroke and I will leave you at it. Surely and truly you meant this in a negative way.

But depending on region, culture, and your own interpreted religious beliefs. Sabbath is Saturday if I go by the calender we use today in america.And also the calender used in aramaic which the bible is based on.

There's no malice in her heart :nono: By way of her keystoke, she's just referring to the 80% reading comprehension that you presented in your original post. :yep: Your 99% missed that. :drunk:

Hey, it's all good. No one here is against you. It's just that your original comments come off as insulting our intelligence. If I'm wrong, I apologize. We all have different views and that's expected, that's life and it always will be. But none of us lack intelligence just because we share different views.

For you...:bighug: We're all still sisters in Christ Jesus. That's more important than anything else.

Kittenxx, you have a beautiful heart and so do we. :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
This is good Tffy. I find your post very encouraging.

I'm making a concious effort to get all of my business, chores, and errands done during the week (Monday-Friday) so that Saturday can become a day of 'rest'.

It's a challenge, because many events and errands, I'm committed to occur on Saturdays, but I'm still focused on making this a day of rest.

KatKronicles

There's no malice in her heart :nono: By way of her keystoke, she's just referring to the 80% reading comprehension that you presented in your original post. :yep: Your 99% missed that. :drunk:

Hey, it's all good. No one here is against you. It's just that your original comments come off as insulting our intelligence. If I'm wrong, I apologize. We all have different views and that's expected, that's life and it always will be. But none of us lack intelligence just because we share different views.

For you...:bighug: We're all still sisters in Christ Jesus. That's more important than anything else.

Kittenxx, you have a beautiful heart and so do we. :giveheart:
Im not concerned nor did I ever imply or elude to the premise of anyone being against me. Spare me the theatrics.

You are indeed wrong, perhaps you should go back and take some time and cogitation on my post that referenced if people had at least 80% reading comprehension alot of these issues when dealing with the bible wouldnt arise. I read hers yours and my post correctly. And responded accordingly.

alexstin

Im not concerned nor did I ever imply or elude to the premise of anyone being against me. Spare me the theatrics.

You are indeed wrong, perhaps you should go back and take some time and cogitation on my post that referenced if people had at least 80% reading comprehension alot of these issues when dealing with the bible wouldnt arise. I read hers yours and my post correctly. And responded accordingly.

None of these topics are new. They've been rehashed a dozen times so there's really no need for you to speak to others the way you have as if they need schooling. Many of us are quite knowledgeable about the scriptures.

Last edited:

KatKronicles

None of these topics are new. They've been rehashed a dozen times so there's really no need for you to speak to others the way you have as if they need schooling. Many of us are quite knowledgeable about the scriptures.

Yes i may come off condescending. However It doesnt take away from the conversation. Nice of you to edit your post by the way.

Schooling ? I love being schooled, it means im still capable of learning. So thats not a bad thing in principle or practice. I never said that anyone lacked knowledge. I challenged a fellow sister to wisdom and seeking it.

But for the sake of the congregation, I digress.