Do shorter haired ladies have more success with cowashing than longer haired ladies?

CaliDiamond

I was reading a couple of posts on co-washing and it seems as if the shorter haired ladies (SL and shorter) prefer and have had more success with co-washing than the longer haired ladies?

Is this due to the fact that it takes longer to detangle longer hair?

I am now at bottom of neck length and I was thinking of what to do for my winter regimen. I went from EL to NL cowashing but I am torn between rollersetting weekly and co-washing as my hair gets longer (just read the thread).

I am so frustrated at this point :wallbash: that I was thinking of keeping it in braids until the new year, but I like the versatility of wearing my hair out.

BTW: I am texlaxed and starting a transition.

THANKS LADIES!

Last edited:

Irresistible

Re: Do shorter haired ladies have more success with cowashing than longer haired ladi

wanted to add

CoWashing frequently doesn't work for everybody regardless of length

I know it never would have worked for me

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Re: Do shorter haired ladies have more success with cowashing than longer haired ladi

Yes, with long hair it takes foreeeeeeever to dry, imagine walking around with wet hair 24/7. It would be impossible for me especially as I live in a cold country.

I don't believe in detangling every day either, because it would rip my hair out :D

There are many that love co-washing though :yep:

CaliDiamond

Hmmm..thanks for the responses ladies.
Keep em comin!

BlackMasterPiece

Yea, I tried it and it just takes waaaaayyyyyy too long to do:nono: especially more than once a week....its too much manipulation for my hair type.

Also, I have very oily skin so I could never get away with just co-washing, I have to shampoo so I use my organic sulfate-free nourishspa:yep:

But if I had a twa, or shorter hair I would definitely do it from time to time. I also think co-washing is easier for relaxed ladies.

Kerryann

too much detangling and im only not full arpmit length

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

Yes longer hair =more work

I think thats why we give it up

I agree. I can't handle doing anything that involves washing to my hair more than once a week, lol. It's just too much.

Yes, with long hair it takes foreeeeeeever to dry, imagine walking around with wet hair 24/7. It would be impossible for me especially as I live in a cold country.

I don't believe in detangling every day either, because it would rip my hair out :D

I agree with the wet hair and the manipulation from detangling. Both are a no no for me:nono:.

MummysGirl

I'm transitioning and about APL stretched and I :love: cowashing. I wonder how I'll feel about it when I'm APL all natural :spinning:

dlewis

I have kinda long hair and I still CW. I only detangle once a week. I started back CW'ing daily recently.

Neith

Co washing too often gave me tangles and a bunch of single strand knots.

Daily co washing is not for me, even though I have short hair.

Nina_deF

I love cowashing, even when my hair was longer (I recently went from apl to nl), but only in the summer when my drying time is 2hrs at the most.

Not all of us can have sideways hair, Flowerhair!

Sweet_Ambrosia

I love co-washing. I don't co-wash my hair everyday though, 1-3 times a week works best for me, I have no issues with detangling either.

ChristmasCarol

My hair doesn't look or feel right if it's not at least rinsed every two days. I've been transitioning for 7 months. I BKT'd after 5 months, but even before then, I had no issues with tangles. I'm at apl, but I don't think I'll be able to stop when it gets longer. Maybe cut back to 2/3x per week.

exoticmommie

I am SL and I pray I don't when my hair gets longer. Love cowashing! :love:

As a matter of fact. I use it to detangle. With the conditioner still in and while the water is running down my head. Smooth like butter. That way I don't have to comb when I get out. Just finger comb.

Eisani

I'm transitioning and about APL stretched and I :love: cowashing. I wonder how I'll feel about it when I'm APL all natural :spinning:

I have kinda long hair and I still CW. I only detangle once a week. I started back CW'ing daily recently.
A lot of you all know I was absolutely addicted to cowashing, even with beyond MBL hair, but that was in the earlier part of my transition and dealing with more texlaxed than natural hair. The more natural hair I get, the more infrequent the cowashes become. I have officially become a once-a-weeker where before I was cowashing at least twice/week. With 24 months' worth of natural hair, frequent cowashes (manipulation, period really) just aren't the business.