Do any of you rollerset without the setting lotion??

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I just add my creamy leave-ins and roll, setting lotions and even that foaming mousse leave's my hair with that slight crunch. I like soft and silky sets, not crunchy that you have to constanly finger comb to get rid of the crunchyness.

wannabelong

I used setting lotion (Lottabody) once and it made my hair hard. It was so hard that the strands of hair were stuck together. Maybe I didn't dilute it correctly, anyhoo, I threw that stuff away. Now I only use water, leave-in and a little SAA in my spray bottle.

beans4reezy

You are supposed to use setting lotion??? Never used it...my hair is soft after a roller set with simply a leave-in conditioner...

Brownchiq

I don't use setting lotion. Especially not lottabody because to me it's too hardening. If I used it I would use KeraCare wrap lotion. But instead, I just put my leave ins in and roll away....

Actually rollersetting is easier without setting lotion because the hair is easy to detangle somehow. Seriously...

I totally agree with this. The only leave in that I will use if I need just a little bit more hold would be the Keracare setting lotion, but I super dilute it at that.
Normally, I just layer my leave in and keep a spray bottle with water only handy.