Setting Lotion?

HairFanatic01

Hello. I think that I am at a point where I have all the right products. (1) Cream Of Nature Shampoo professional detangling and conditioning (2) Aubrey Organics GPG (3) Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Unfortunately when it comes to roller setting my hair, afterwards it looks like a hot mess. I've been using my own mixture of Infusium 23, distilled water and jojoba oil. My hair is so soft and easy to comb before, but when I spray it on, my hair seems to dry out really fast and becomes very hard to comb. Can someone recommend me a good setting lotion or some type of mixture as a setting lotion to have less dry hair and receive a better roller set. Thanx.

lillian743

Maybe you should put on another moisturizer after your hair is dry.
I see how you feel, I use Infusium 23 also, and it makes my hair alittle dry.
Maybe you should try a new hair oil, it could be too light....

HairFanatic01

Good idea. hmmmm should I do a moisturizing leave-in treatment like nexxus headress or how does coconut oil sound instead of jojoba oil?? Any other suggestions??

Angelicus

I have the ultra sheen version of lottabody which i use sometimes... i dilute it heavily. it works just fine but i stopped using it for a while because rollersets with MotionsLeavein and Proclaim glossing polish are the bomb.

Take any watery leave in and spray it all over the hair, paying attention to the ends. then add any serum on the ends ONLY. rollerset (spray with distilled water when your hair feels like it is drying out). oooh my rollersets come out so pretty when i do this. thank u Ms_kenesha for that tip!

Allandra

When I roller set my hair, I use a mixture of distilled water and conditioner as my 'setting agent'. I don't use typical setting lotions since they tend to produce hard crunchy curls (and I like soft curls that are easy to comb).

VelvetRain

I use Isoplus foam mousse and only a little. I used to use motions setting lotion, but that left nasty buildup. I have tried infusium (not for set) and it dried out my hair like crazy.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
The ready- to- use formula of Lottabody is sufficient for me. After its dry I smooth some oil on my hair and I'm good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think u mentioned this in the other rs thread and i want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I used this on my spiral set and my curls are soft yet SET. THANKS PBE, this is definately a keeper for me