Do any NATURALS use MESH ROLLERS (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Just wondering... I'm thinking about using mesh rollers instead of magnetic rollers on my transitioning hair... is it a good idea???

Daughter

UK Blak
just realised I haven't used rollers for years! I'd say as with everything else just take extra care with the two textures when rolling and removing the rollers. I think it's a safe bet that any rollers will be better for your hair than sponge ones :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Daughter said:
just realised I haven't used rollers for years! I'd say as with everything else just take extra care with the two textures when rolling and removing the rollers. I think it's a safe bet that any rollers will be better for your hair than sponge ones :)
thanks for your response! see, ive been thinking about every other Friday night setting my hair with rollers, let it airdry overnight, and then use my Maxiglide to straighten the roots once my hair is dry. It seems like the mesh rollers would be more comfy to sleep in than magnetic rollers. I plan on using large rollers instead of medium or small ones because it'll be easier and take less time to roll and I don't want much curl to my hair. :yep:
how did you like the rollers?

NAY007

Mesh rollers are the only ones my mom used on my back then natural hair. And her hair was very curly too ( my mommy is white) and she always always always roller setted her hair with mesh rollers. They dry soo much faster and you can achieve more tension, which will give you straighter/smoother roots.

Daughter

UK Blak
like Nay007 said, the hair does seem to dry quicker than the magnetic ones. It's been sooo long since I've used any though - I'm talking about 5 years!! - I don't remember much else! Sorry for being a bit useless :lol: