Differences between the butters

kenkaikim

I would like to know the differences between the hair butters. I would like to try to make my own moisturizer. The butters that I know of are shea, cocoa and mango. Are there any more that are good as moisturizers?

star

kenkaikim said:
I would like to know the differences between the hair butters. I would like to try to make my own moisturizer. The butters that I know of are shea, cocoa and mango. Are there any more that are good as moisturizers?

Hair butters are consider to be heavier than normal hair grease and oil. Yes most butters do contain shea, cocoa and oliver oil. But butters are heavier on your hair. Just like body butters are heavier than lotions and creams. If some thing is heavier it has a tendancy to pentrate more into the hair or skin. It goes deeper. Shea butter is excellent because pentrates the body to the celluar level meaning is more of healing product than topical only. :lol:

Healthb4Length

also I've had different experiences with each of the butters, for example; shea for me is really heavy and I use it as a defining product, avocado is for conditioning and mango is for softening but if you combine all three the results are pretty amazing!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I mainly use shea butter on my ends since it is the most delicate. Cocoa butter makes me itch nowadays so I can't speak on it. Never tried pure mango butter but I hear it is very grainy.