Diehard Silken Seal lover finds a new best friend.

HoneyDew

Guys, I thought I would never stray away from my Silken Seal, but I was in Beauty First and saw the 1.7 oz trial size of Redken Heat Glide for only $3.95. It has Macadamia oil in it so I wanted to give it a try since so many people here rave about it.

I am in love. It smells great and I did not have to use a lot. It is cheaper than silken seal and did not weigh my hair down as much.

I blowdried and flat-ironed and my hair has never looks so good. It feels like my 1/2 inch new growth just got relaxed!

Now, I did do a deep condition with a mixture of Emergencia, Suela Y Canela and 10 en 1 so I am not sure if that is why I see such a difference, but my hair has never looked so shiny and felt so good. I am loving my hair.

Anyway, if there is anyone like me that loves Silken Seal, but hates to spend all that cash, give the Heat Glide a try. Get one from ebay to get it for an even better price.

beyondcute

:O Im a die hard Keracare fan... but ima try this one since its so cheap... I never thought Id hear anyone say somethign was better than silken seal.....

HoneyDew

Yes, I loved it. I was skeptical at first because it is not as thick as Silken Seal, but that actually worked out better because my hair has more body.

I used it a few days ago and I was not so sure liked it. But this time I turned the temp down on my flat iron and used it a little slower with the hat glide.

My hair looks and smells great.

Silken Seal is my baby, but it can be too expensive for me. I need a backup. I ordered a Biosilk from ebay and I will compare that one next.

divinefavor

Girl, I was just on my way to Ulta to make a purchase for the Silken Seal since I have a $3.50 coupon. I think I'm going to try the Redken first. I'm so glad I got online before I walked out of the house.

Thanks!

Mizani_Mrs

OH MY GOODNESS HONEYDEW! I can't believe their #1 fan has found another product. They was so gonna make alot of money off of your advertising. :lol: I actually was about to purchase silken seal because of all of your rave reviews. But i guess this is good news because i can much afford the $4 as opposed to the 18. I'll give it a try as soon as i can find a store selling it.

HoneyDew

$18 for silken seal? that must be the 2 oz. I have seen the 4 oz for $27 at most places. It has gotten too expensive for me.

Yes, I am happy that I found another product. My BF mentioned last night how shiny my hair looked. :D

PinkAngel

Okay, now I will be drying the redken heat glide. I am also a die hard fan of all of Keracare products. But I will be trying the Redken heat glide. Thanks for the tip.:)

newslady

so how do u ladies use the silken seal as part of your regimen?

after i wash i use mizani heat protector and keracare blow dry lotion.
does silken seal provide some sheen?

Mizani_Mrs

Uhhhhhhh, isn't the blowdry lotion and silken seal the same thing??? :look:

HoneyDew are you sure the Redken is just as good, or is it 'wishful thinking' due to the lower price??? ha ha ha.... just messing with ya....

newslady said:
so how do u ladies use the silken seal as part of your regimen?

after i wash i use mizani heat protector and keracare blow dry lotion.
does silken seal provide some sheen?

HoneyDew

Mizani_Mrs said:
Uhhhhhhh, isn't the blowdry lotion and silken seal the same thing??? :look:

HoneyDew are you sure the Redken is just as good, or is it 'wishful thinking' due to the lower price??? ha ha ha.... just messing with ya....

:)

I like Redken better, but it is not as thick as Silken Seal. It took me 2 uses to get used to that, but I prefer the Redken and I am happy about the price. I still have a whole bottle of Silken Seal and I put some on my ends.

I have never used the Keracare's blowdry lotion.

Avlon's site says:

A unique oil rich blow dry lotion formulated to supply all the benefits of oil without the greasy weight.

Gives a silky straight finish.

Adds body and fullness to hair while giving it a beautiful sheen.

Protects hair from heat related stress.

Combats humidity to maintain hairstyles and prevent frizziness.

Helps eliminate static charge.

Looks interesting. I wonder if it protects from flatironing.

HoneyDew

Ok, I have used Heat Glide for about 6 washes and I noticed something odd.

I have a flaky buildup. I am not sure if I am using it incorrectly or not, but I applied just as I have with Silken Seal.

At first, I thought I just hand dandruff, but I have NEVER had a dandruff problem.

I decided to go back to my Silken Seal for a few washes to test and sure enough, no more flakes.

Maybe I am putting the Heat Glide on wrong or using too much, but, as much as I love it, I cannot deal with the gross flakes.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I may have to discontinue using my beloved Heat Glide.

Samaria

Do you think theres a possiblity of buildup?? Do you think you need to clarify?? I bought it I used it once so far, keeps my NG straight until I wash it! Good stuff so far.

HoneyDew

Well, I do clarify once a week. I thought that was it, as well. I also thought that since I recently stopped wearing weaves and have been washing and conditioning more often, that maybe there really is dead skin on my scalp and that it is finally getting cleaned the way it should have been all along.

I don't know. I love my Heat Glide. It smells go good and it is so much more affordable than my Silken Seal.

Anyway, I still love it. I just may use it more sparingly just in case I really am overdoing it.

Mizani_Mrs

well Honeydew, thanks for continuing to update us on your success/failures with this product. I'll still purchase this when i can get my hands on it, but now i know to watch out for flakes. thanks!

HoneyDew

Mizani_Mrs said:
well Honeydew, thanks for continuing to update us on your success/failures with this product. I'll still purchase this when i can get my hands on it, but now i know to watch out for flakes. thanks!

I think I put too much in or something. Last night I used my Silken Seal and had no flakes. But, my hair had less body than when I use my Heat Glide. I guess I cannot have my cake and eat it too.

I am going to try to use the Heat Glide again next time. Practice makes perfect.

Ericka

I tried the Redken Heat Glide and I don't like it at all. For some reason it seems to weigh my hair down more than the Keracare Silken Seal. I don't mind paying 18 bucks for it because it last for a very long time. I only use it on my edges.

LikeNoOther

I tried the Redken Heat Glide and I don't like it at all. For some reason it seems to weigh my hair down more than the Keracare Silken Seal. I don't mind paying 18 bucks for it because it last for a very long time. I only use it on my edges.

Yes, I've been using the same 4oz bottle weekly for probably a year (I only use a dime sized amount). Granted, I have ventured off from time to time :lachen:, but Silken Seal is THE TRUTH! :yep: