detangling

Lovelylocs

I have that kind of hair that gets really tangly once it reaches shoulder length. Right now it is a few inches past shoulder length in the back and to my shoulders on the sides and it gets really tangly, esp. when i am about due for a relaxer. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yep, I have that problem too but I can usually control it pretty well at home with my serums and leave-ins. My problem is when I go to the salon for my touch-up... I hate when they start yanking the comb through my hair without using any kind of leave-in whatsoever!!
nuts.gif
And they act like something's wrong with my hair because it's tangled
ohwell.gif
. I really wish I could bring my own comb and detangle it myself!!!
smile.gif

I shampoo in the shower in a downward direction. I never pile the hair on top of my head or anything like that. I don't moisturize daily tho. I wash once or twice a week.

I shampoo like Lovelylocs twice each week. After deep conditioning after each wash, I also detangle my hair while standing in the shower and rinsing it off. My leave-in further detangles my hair although it doesn't need detangling by then. My hair does not get tangled, even close to relaxer time. Can you share your hair type also? It seems like different procedures work for different types of hair.

I detangle with a watery conditioner under the showerhead BEFORE to shampooing. Then, as I shampoo, I barely manipulate my hair. I just put the shampoo in and work my hands up and down. After I do my regular conditioner, I detangle one more time with my head under the showerhead.

Then, I apply my leave-in and my hair milk before I attemp to detangle. This has been working very well for me.

Yes.....I have that same problem. Especially when Im due for a touch-up, u can barely pull a comb through my wet hair.

I struggle with tangles too. (See "megonw the wankster" thread.) It helps me TREMENDOUSLY to shampoo and deep condition with my hair in 4-6 braided sections with an elastic at the end of each braid. I'm going to incorporate apple cider vinegar rinses to close the cuticle, and I'll experiment with Breakthru shampoo and Elucence moisture balancing conditioner next wash.

Back