Deep Conditioning on dry hair

greenandchic

I do it sometimes. When I do, its usually with a DC mix that I made with regular conditioner blended with butters, oils, honey, foods etc. If I were to use a "regular" DC on dry hair, I would need to use so much more. For instance I love Curl Junkie Deep Fix, but would never use it on dry hair...

youwillrise

for me, personally...i prefer to dc on clean, damp hair. i dc on dry hair only when im too lazy to get in the shower to wash, but wanna at least get my dc in/started.

wannabelong

Are you ladies only using AO conditioners to DC on dry hair or any type of DC?

I've used the following: Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask, ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment.

I think any DC will do.

Last edited:

BreeNique

I'm DC-ing on damp, just washed hair RIGHT NOW! overnight. it's the Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Treatment.

I usually DC on damp/ 75% dry hair. I like to have the water/ moisture. when I DC on completely dry hair, it feels...weird.

LoveBeautyKisses

Thanks nice thread.

I will be be dc on dry hair the week after my touch up. Thanks ladies :)
I'm looking to use A O Hsr or Suave Humectress with Evoo and Honey heated under the dryer for a half.

:)

LaidBak

It has always worked for me. In fact, my hair prefers its protein treatments applied to dry hair. I don't always do it that way, but if my scalp is clean already, and I'm not planning to shampoo then I go ahead and put the conditioner on dry hair to start.