does anyone dc on dry hair AFTER washing?

youwillrise

i decided to try a few new techniques today...to see how they work out.

i decided to condition wash (actual condition washing as opposed what i usually do, which i refer to as "condition rinsing" where i just add conditioner to my hair, do my shower business and then rinse...i actually used the conditioner to "wash" my hair and scalp of residue this time)

then, i took a t-shirt and used that to dry my head (was about 97-99% dry), then added my dc and im under the dryer right now.

i know a lot of people either dry dc BEFORE their wash or dc right after their wash on wet or damp hair.

i didnt like the whole dc'ing before cleansing deal...but i still want to see if having drier hair before dc'ing will help it penetrate more (because water isnt taking up so much space???) hmmm. and dc'ing after a wash is okaaaaay, but im still looking for that method that i loooove!

anyway, if you wash (whether w/ shampoo, shampoo bar, conditioner or a conditioning cleanser) before a dry dc (as opposed to dc'ing before you wash or dc'ing on wet/damp hair after you wash)...how has it worked for you? i mean, im doing it right now, so i guess i'll see...but still want opinions.

iri9109

wow your hair is 97-99% dry just from t-shirt/towel drying? i dont DC on "dry" hair after washing, but i do squeeze out most of the excess water before applying my DC. my hair is still pretty damp though.

virtuenow

I think people do this all the time. After washing, most towel dry their hair, just like you did-- then apply the DC. It's just different levels of dryness depending on how much water you squeezed out during the towel process. But I like my method the best. I did experimentation much like you, and found that a DC on dry or pre-poo dampened hair, then rinse and I'm done is the best method. I do not wash it out...I do wash my scalp w/diluted poo (in applicator bottle) while the dc is still in my hair. So its more of a DC-wash.

youwillrise

yeah...i guess i mean hair that is almost or completely dry. i had my hair wrapped in the t-shirt for a good amount of time, so it took a lot of the moisture out.

i would usually just kinda squeeze the water out a little...so it's usually still at least 75% wet before i put on conditioner.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I tried to DC before washing and it doesnt work for me. I definately have 80% or more dry hair before DCing. Something about it being more concentrated really does the trick.

DominicanBrazilian82

I dry DC as a prepoo and also do an after shampoo wash or co-washing DC; so I basically always do two deep conditionings and always with heat.

I like to do an oil or avg prepoo and DC under heat. Then wash or co-wash, towel dry and DC on wet hair under heat. My last DC is always a moisture DC because I either prepoo, prepoo DC or co-wash with a protein condish or a protein element (AVG).

I will say this.... Adding dry DC's before my wash has brought my hair back. I definitely attribute my hair's returned health to the way the conditioner is absorbed when dry vs. when wet. My hair has been amazing these last few weeks (exactly when I started dry DC'ing).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lamaria211

wow your hair is 97-99% dry just from t-shirt/towel drying? i dont DC on "dry" hair after washing, but i do squeeze out most of the excess water before applying my DC. my hair is still pretty damp though.

This is also what I do

faithVA

I have not done this but I would really like to know how it works. AO products say to DC on dry hair but doing it before I wash does no good. I have too much product on my hair for the DC to penetrate.

I usually DC after I wash and then sit under a heat cap.

If you find that it works for you, I may try this today and see if it works for me as well. I am prepooing at the moment and will wash in about 30 minutes.

spellinto

sometimes i dc on dry hair right after washing, but i don't see a difference when i DC before washing either. as long as I don't DC on soaking wet hair/hair with gel on it, my hair is happy :)