DC on dry hair

jazzyto

Is it a Yay or Nay for you? I know some people have said they think the conditoner penetrates better on dry hair as opposed to wet hair. But what about products that are on your hair prior to your wash?? Wouldnt they interfere with the conditioner penetrating as well?? My next wash I will try on dry hair but just wondered what you ladies thought. Holla.

beans4reezy

I prefer to DC on dry hair. The hair strand works like a sponge, when wet, the strand aborbs water. On dry hair, the strand is absorbing the conditioner. On wash day, I am sure to pre poo with a conditioner on dry hair.

nikki2229

IA with beans4reezy. I do a deep conditioner with my dryer or steamer. Sometimes I do it before or after a wash. My bottle of AO says to DC on dry hair.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
DC on dry is just as good as DC on damp hair. I think it's best to use more of a water base on dry hair, and an oil base on damp hair.

Anew

I'm not a fan of jumping in and out of the shower; I've never done that and don't think I ever would. For that reason I DC on dry hair

I'm not a fan of jumping in and out of the shower; I've never done that and don't think I ever would. For that reason I DC on dry hair

LOL me neither... I have to be really really dedicated that day...

I like to wash 1st, DC, shower cap, then shave and wash everything on me... so I get like 10 mins in the shower steam with the DC... then I rinse after I've done all my shower duties... I'm using elasta qp dpr-11 right now so more than 10 mins will make me mushy

I want to try a dry DC now that yall mention it tho...

Fine 4s

I heard that DC'ing on wet hair is best.
However, combining both thoughts on this, I would co-sign with **Sassy**

I AM...

I pre-poo with oil and conditioner on dry hair. I walk around with a cap for an hour. it does my alreay beautiful hair well.

nymane

Yay! :yay: my conditioners do their work so much better on my dry hair, but I'll only DC dry if I'm following up with a co-wash...

I don't use products that result in a lot of build up (and I wash 2x a week) so I don't worry about DC absorption.

If I have to clarify or shampoo I DC on thoroughly towel dried hair

Nonie

I tend to trust directions on a product. Some products like Aubrey Organics GPB and HSR say that to DC, you must do it on dry hair. Other products say to apply to hair after rinsing or when damp in order to DC.

I believe there's logic to each method: the former being that the product is concentrated, while the latter probably has a product so thick that it requires water for its viscosity to get to that which can penetrate hair. I tend to follow directions as I think they are there for a reason.

Otherwise, you alone can be the judge of that. Try both methods and see which one serves you better.

TonicaG

TonicaG
I would vote DC on dry hair.

For some reason, the hair absorbs more of the conditioner and it penetrates the hair shaft very well. When I have the extra time, I'll wash my hair and let it air dry and then apply the conditioner on dry hair. I have reaped very positive results from doing this. Not that it wouldn't work on wet/damp hair but to me there's a difference on dry hair.

Anew

I will say the only time I DC on wet hair is when I go to the salon, lol

Last edited: