Daily Shampoo-ers/Co-Wash-ers

MzOptimistic

I've just jumped on the daily wash train! I've seen tons of ladies that have gained progress due to daily washing/co-washing. I want to know how many ladies on this board swear by daily shampoo/co-washing!

It was evident to me that keeping a clean scalp had to be the answer (along with retaining ends and preventing breakage). Another girl (who is BSL/3b) talked with me about black hair and she said she washes her hair every other day, if not, it would dry out and get dirty. I was convinced, being that she was among the many ladies I know with long, black hair. (Note, she was APL last Fall semester)

So ladies, tell me, what do you shampoo/condition with, your hair type, hair length and progress you've made by daily washing. Thanks!

I co-wash every other day. Products I use for co-washing varies. My shampoos: CON detangling Shampoo (green bottle), Keracare hydrating Shampoo, Suave Professional Humecto Shampoo. My conditioners:Suave Professional Line Humecto, VO5 Strawberries N Cream, VO5 Split ends, Suave Milk N Honey, Capilo N Sole conditioner, Queen Helene Cholesterol, and many more:grin: My hair type is 4a and I'm grazing brastrap. My progress is a result of co-washing, BTing, doing touchups every 10-11 weeks, and protective styling:yep:

2grlsandme

:grin:
CAN SOME1 ANSWER THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^????? PLS?
I don't usually see small hairs but I do sometimes see full strands with bulb attached. I dont think you should be that alarmed. If it gets excessive then stop. It is normal to shed from 60 to 100 hairs a day! And even when I detangle once a week I don't even come close to that! I co wash everynight with suave humectant and after rinsing thoroughly I apply NTM daily deep conditioner add a dab of amla oil and rinse that. After squeezing all the excess water from my hair I apply equal parts of Keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba, Ntm silk touch leave in, and any then seal with any oil i have on hand. I air dry in one braid or a ponytail and after I'm dry(usually in the am) I apply My MN mix and some black castor oil. I getting a steady stream of growth so I am sticking with it!:grin: Trust me You should have seen where I started from.

2grlsandme

Ok. I see a combination but mostly breakage. But its only a quarter size ball. So should I get some kind of shampoo you mentioned? I love my CON.

Are you using shampoo everyday or everytime you wash? If so that may be the problem. Try using moisturizing conditioners when you co-wash and dont forget to add some protein for strength.:spinning:

HERicane10

My new CW love is Sally's Salon Care Honey & Almond! :lick: Talk about soft, shiny, defined new growth! CW has never been so easy! I really love it! I just added Wonder 8 & EV Coconut Oil to the gallon container. SMells sooooo yummy too. :grin: Ingredients = honey #3, almond #4, & hydrolyzed keratin #5. Great choice for anti-breakage AND moisture combo. :yep: You guys really have to try this one.

Kindheart

If i cowash every single day my hair would get very dry and brittle (as tempting as it is ) ,i m also worried about my body absorbing too many chemicals,some of the conditioners i use to cowash contains phlatlates,propylene glycol or glycol distereate and parabens ,not exactly something i want in my blood stream on a daily basis if i can avoid it .