Shampoo or Co-wash?

TraciChanel

Hi Ladies!

So, I'm new to co-washing. I understand the process and plan to start co-washing tomorrow. But, I would like to hear from those of you who co-wash. How often do you co-wash? Is there a specific product you prefer to co-wash with? And, do you ever shampoo? If so, how often do you shampoo vs. co-wash? (i.e. Co-wash 2x week/ shampoo once a month?). What's your regimen?? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks in advance.

HHG.

EccentricRed

I co-wash daily or every other day, depends on my schedule...and my attitude. :look: I co-wash with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditoner. Sometimes, I use it as a leave-in instead of washing it out.

One time a week (normally on Friday after work or Saturday morning) I wash with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted shampoo. I like it because it coats all of my hair pretty well. I also deep condition that day as well. Then I twist my hair for detangling puposes.

ChristmasCarol

I co-wash 2/3 times each week and shampoo once every 4-6 weeks.

You'll just have to watch your hair for clues that you have build-up: such as limp, lifeless hair. Also, if you use condish that contains cones, you may have to shampoo more often.

Happy Hair Growing!

iri9109

usually i cowash every day or every other day...i recently colored my hair and i dont want it to fade so im trying to go 2-3 days without co-washing...now i use garnier fructis color shield conditioner to cowash, but i also like tresemme naturals or aussie moist...i usually wash 1x a week with a mild shampoo.

IMFOCSD

I have gotten back into co-washing about 3 times a week but I only do it when I have a nice amount of newgrowth. I use shampoo maybe twice a month. My hair is always hidden up under a wig for 2-3 months.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i dont cowash. i either use shampoo or go straight to deep conditioning. 2-4 times a month

alive

i dont cowash. i either use shampoo or go straight to deep conditioning. 2-4 times a month

i like this idea lot.
i might be doing something wrong, but whenever i try to co-wash, i end up with white build up on my scalp that i end up shampooing anyway.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i like this idea lot.
i might be doing something wrong, but whenever i try to co-wash, i end up with white build up on my scalp that i end up shampooing anyway.

co wash is mainly for moisturizing so i figure if i deep condition i am giving my hair alot of moisture followed by a moisturizing leave in and serum i use to set my hair(either rollerset or braid out) and my hair feel moisturized through out the week with no additional product.i might add a little oil for lubrication but thats it. co washing was only really apart of my regimen when i wash n goed and i dont do those any more.

Do you dilute your shampoo?
no if i am using "shampoo" i am using black soap. it doesnt have to be diluted but it can if one wants to stretch it out.

theLovelyStyle

During the summers I usually cowash with v05, HE, or some other good smelling cheap conditioner about 2x a week. Maybe on Tuesdays and Fridays. Sundays I would shampoo and Dc

classychic1908

I cowash once a week with a no cone conditioner. I use mostly natural products that don't cause buildup in my hair and I almost never shampoo. Last year I used shampoo once, and that was after using serum to straighten my hair.

In the colder months, I co-wash once a week with either HE Hello Hydration or Suave Almond and Shea Butter conditioner.

In the warmer months, I co-wash twice to three times a week.

As for shampooing, I used to do it once a week. My hair didn't like it. I moved it to once a month. Alas, my hair still didn't like it. So, I've stopped shampooing. I am resorting to ACV rinses once a week.