Naturals, what are some good water-based moisturizers out there?

Evolving78

i am looking for a water-based moisturizer. i used to stay away from them when i was relaxed because they would weigh my hair down and would cause my hair to revert. but now i need something more water-based for daily use. i am figuring out that oil-based moisturizers just sit on top of my hair.

msa

Do you have any luck with sealing in your moisturizers? If so you could just use water and then seal it in with oil. That's what I do now. Water sealed with castor oil.

Back when I used commercial products, diluted Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner was a great moisturizer. So you may want to look around and see if any of your conditioners would work as a moisturizer.

Evolving78

i cowashed my hair today and afterwards i used some Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey hydrating balm. my hair felt moisturized, but later on during the day, it felt dry. like right now, i sprayed some Africa's Best braid spray and put in some Burdock Root Cream butter and my hair feels moisturized, but i know it will dry out again. i do have some Eluence that can be used as a leave-in.

Evolving78

yeah i think i am going to dilute my eluence conditioner with water and hopefully that will work. i wonder should i put it in a spray bottle?

msa

Well I'm glad your porosity is ok.

Yeah you could just put the conditioner in a spray bottle and add water to dilute. Just make sure you shake it up well. I've always found that using warm water makes it easier.

Evolving78

Well I'm glad your porosity is ok.

Yeah you could just put the conditioner in a spray bottle and add water to dilute. Just make sure you shake it up well. I've always found that using warm water makes it easier.

i just tried it and that felt so much better! thank you for responding, helping out and saving me money. :yay:

TheNewFine

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In...love it!!! It has made all the difference! I use it for leave in, baggying, deep conditioning and detangling! Love it and it's cheap at Wally's world!

Tylove101

My two favorite leave-ins that I use daily are Giovanni Direct Leave In and SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave In.

Lateisha

I am new at this and I just did a braid out for the first time and my hair is so dry but it's cute; is there any type of moisturizer that I can put on my hair to take away the dryness.

alanaj

I am really liking HE LTE leave in for a creamy leave in. Although I wish it came in a large size because I could see myself using half of it in one go. But it really moisturizes my hair and smells good.
For a liquid one I really like Soft n Pretty Olive Oil Detangler. It really softens up the hair and it detangles as well. Can't beat that

Evolving78

i bought Africa's Best Organics Shea Butter detangling moisturizing hair lotion today and i really like it. i used some of my new little conditioner/water mix and some Qhemet Biologics burdock root butter cream and my hair stayed soft all day. thanks ladies for all of your suggestions.