Daily Cowashers....Do you have to moisturize afterwards

fluffylocks

I want to try co-washing because i've read lots of wonderfull posts about how good it is for dry hair which i do have, but after a normal weekly wash, i use quite a bit of moisturizer/leavein, and that would become alittle expensive to do daily

So, cowashers, does washing eleminate the need for as much leave-in/moisturizer, or elemiate that step all together?
If not, what moisturizer do you use?

Im still kind of confused how cowashing keeps dry hair moist, because the cheap conditoners themselves arent very moisturizing (imo), and then once it drys it seems like you would be back to square one if you arent remoisturizing with leave-ins and mositurizers......does the moisture level of your hair build up over time from having water on it daily despite having it dry everday also
If so, how long did it take for you to see the full benefits of daily washing

Neroli

I want to try co-washing because i've read lots of wonderfull posts about how good it is for dry hair which i do have, but after a normal weekly wash, i use quite a bit of moisturizer/leavein, and that would become alittle expensive to do daily

So, cowashers, does washing eleminate the need for as much leave-in/moisturizer, or elemiate that step all together?
If not, what moisturizer do you use?

Im still kind of confused how cowashing keeps dry hair moist, because the cheap conditoners themselves arent very moisturizing (imo), and then once it drys it seems like you would be back to square one if you arent remoisturizing with leave-ins and mositurizers......does the moisture level of your hair build up over time from having water on it daily despite having it dry everday also
If so, how long did it take for you to see the full benefits of daily washing

When I cowash, I always use a moisturizer afterwards, just as if I 'poo. Obviously, cowasing does not have to be daily. I wash once a week. I have done cowashes once a week where 'poo doesn't touch my hair for months and the benefit is that I find is that my hair gets clean without the drying detergents in 'poos. Although I don't cowash daily, the mositure level in my hair does build up cuz limit use of 'poos, which can be drying.

I tried daily cowashing and HATED it. My super fine 4b hair just can't take that much manipulation and the longer my hair becomes, daily washing is not an option cuz of time it takes. But's just me.

I see the benefits of cowashing immediately, hair is clean, yet moisturize, no need to use 'poo every wash. Sometimes I mix it up and nothing beats a good poo wash every now and then, but I do cowashes more often then I do poos. Again, one does not need to wash daily in order to reap the beneftis of cowashing.:yep: